It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

page: 107
<< 104  105  106    108  109  110 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Blast....when I copied and pasted that video link regarding Cynthia McKinney’s CBC interview it didn’t work:

Try:

www.cbc.ca...

Click on the Video Tab

Scroll down and click on Israel’s Blockade of Gaza May 31, 2010

What she said in that interview was not what the establishment minions at CBC wanted to hear... it was amazing

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorfeuZ
Really? Did you read the beginning of the thread? I thought I made clear that I don't like the comparision. And I directed the muslim comment to other poster.

In the context of our conversation.

Originally posted by MorfeuZ
Where did I ever label you a propagandist? I may have labeled another member (righfully or not) but not you.

That is why I said "other members".

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by gambon
"Activist Bayram Kalyon, arriving back in Istanbul, had been a passenger on the Turkish passenger ship Mavi Marmara where most, if not all, of the deaths occurred.

In the same article...

German pro-Palestinian activist Norman Paech said he had only seen wooden sticks being brandished as troops abseiled on to the deck of the ship.

However, we know this is not true. The video from the ship shows metal pipes being used to attack Israelis. Either Mr. Paech is mistaken or he is a liar...

I was wondering if somebody else would notice that inconsistency?

Although perhaps the conversation was from nearer the bridge?

[edit on 1-6-2010 by gambon]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nathwa

I agree whole-heartedly. As an American, sometimes I worry about my fate and those of my family. I believe in doing what is right, and that includes standing up to bullies. Clearly Israel is a bully and has been acting like one for awhile. I just hope Americans do not have to suffer for calling a deuce a deuce.

Thanks!

I'm very happy that you understood the danger of those words;
about sending 50 million American dissenters to Concentration Camps.
I wasn't sure if my message would get across since I'm not a native English speaking person - but I'm happy that you at least understood me and the dangerous rhetorics of what was written in his post!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gambon

so , if he had been shot before the troops landed he then had this conversation ? I think not somehow

Why is it that you think not? Do people not ever talk after being shot where you are from? How many people do you personally know who have been shot, recently shot?

What is causing you to think that people who have been shot can not talk?

What is causing you to think that people who have been shot can not talk and would not bother to warn others that they too might be shot?

I think I know, it's called wishful thinking.

Here is the reality my friend, onboard those vessels were LAW MAKERS from a number of countries.

You aren't any longer dealing with a dissafected impoverished group of people living in an open air prison in an apatheid state here.

You are dealing with some very well connected people from all over the world, who desperate bids to slander are only going to compound the offense that Israel has committed in the WORLD'S EYES.

Pretending that no one who has been shot is capable of speech as a means to further slander innocent victims of piracy and murder by a state on the high seas is not really going to impress anyone in the ways you are 'thinking' it will.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by soleprobe

I scrolled all the way back to Mar 23 and could not find it. Maybe it was removed.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Unfortunately, I am hearing reports that the Parliament members & The Holocaust survivor were barred from boarding in Cyprus, and are now trying to get on board the remaining 2 ships.

And, I mean it's kind of sad to say it, but can those 2 parliament members really do that much in reality? The problem is that they are both from Germany, and while it's unrealistic and rude, most people are going to jump to a very nasty card if a Germany -> Israel situation sparked up...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

"Why is it that you think not? Do people not ever talk after being shot where you are from? "

Not and have it not be mentioned by the person telling the tale ...eg

" and I saw the captain and he had been shot , he said they are are breaking windows , get out quickly "

"How many people do you personally know who have been shot, recently shot? "
you really dont want to go there.....

"What is causing you to think that people who have been shot can not talk and would not bother to warn others that they too might be shot?"

Nothing , what bothers me is that the fact the captain had been shot was not mentioned at all by the chap telling the story ..slightly odd wouldnt you say?

"Pretending that no one who has been shot is capable of speech as a means to further slander innocent victims of piracy and murder by a state on the high seas is not really going to impress anyone in the ways you are 'thinking' it will."

Actually , if you could let go of your agenda for tw0 minutes , I find it more concerning that if the comment is true ..eg the captain was uninjured at the time of the quote , then he was shot AFTERWARDS ...which is probably more damning evidence than him being allegedly shot before...............

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

You think its bad now thier laughing at it and celebrating.

watch the vid

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
reply to post by soleprobe

I scrolled all the way back to Mar 23 and could not find it. Maybe it was removed.

Just go to the following ... move the slider to the 12:50 mark
www.cbc.ca...

amazing... they just moved her featured interview from the front page

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been mentioned here but Peruvianmonk posted a link to this video in another thread.
Its the UK MP George Galloway,refering to a phonecall from the flotilla just after the attack-He states that 29 are confirmed dead by a person on board.

Its the second from bottom video on this page:

www.channel4.com...

When the rest of the news media has been shrinking the number of deaths to less than 10 today,I found this interesting(although not yet confirmed to be accurate.)

[edit on 1/6/2010 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.

Unfortunately, I am hearing reports that the Parliament members & The Holocaust survivor were barred from boarding in Cyprus, and are now trying to get on board the remaining 2 ships.

And, I mean it's kind of sad to say it, but can those 2 parliament members really do that much in reality? The problem is that they are both from Germany, and while it's unrealistic and rude, most people are going to jump to a very nasty card if a Germany -> Israel situation sparked up...

Law Makers from other nations were also aboard, including Egypt.

Egypt is a powder get right now. Mombarak is 82 years old and has been president there since Sadat's assination in the late 1970's.

They have to transfer power shortly, but the reality is that if they hold open and free elections, radical Islamists, and not Moderate ones are likely to win.

If there is a power shift within Egypt which is currently being considered at the same time Israel and Turkey would go to war?

Then you have a very upset Egyptian populace that might sweep into power and into that war too.

If Turkey has any early military successes you can almost rest assured Egypt might very well then rip up the Camp David Accords and enter the fray too.

At that point it is going to be hard for the Lebanese Government to restrain Hezbollah, and the Syrians would likely be tempted to enter into the fray also at that point.

There is a lot of bad blood between many of these factions and Israel that dates back decades and decades.

What has kept a peace is the bribery of Egypt through the Camp David accords, but bribery ceases to work, when the person in power beholden to it, has lost the support of the people that they rule over.

Military hedgemony on the part of Israel is sufficient to counter one, two maybe even three Arab nations at a time, and there has been no galvanizing incident that has made the Moderate States like Turkey or Saudi Arabia want to support another massive effort to attack Israel.

Iraq was considered the main threat in that regard which is why Iraq's history has been so violent in the past 30 years as they have been whittled away at first by the Iranians, the First Gulf War, then Sanctions and the Second Gulf War to keep it's largest in the area army in check and bogged down.

However the U.S. is heavily dependent on Turkey for Bases to keep the logistics of the war in Iraq and Afghanistan running.

So Turkey entering a conflict with Israel puts the U.S. in a precarious position. If Egypt enters into it, and the majority of Egyptians likely would want too, and then you get Hezbollah and Syria creating a 3 front war, with four seperate attacking armies?

Israel is on the brink right here, and its dimplomatic actions in the next few days might seal its fate.

Netanyaho went straight home for a reason.

It wasn't to snub Obama, he has a huge crisis on his hands now. World Opinion has shifted decidely against Israel after this latest attrocity, and if Israel ends up exasberating the world further, with additional diplomatic blunders...

This is serious, almost every important nation had citizens on those ships.

They all have obligations to those citizens on those ships.

This is not the same old, same old.

This is huge in the way of diplomatic incidents.

The implications are huge.

This is not another day at the office scenario for anyone involved.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Oh, I definitely agree with all of your points. We're walking a razors edge right most certainly.

Have you seen this new news:
Egypt opens border with Gaza

I wonder how this is going to effect the situation, given the already tense relationships between Israel and Egypt going back years.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Channel 4 News can confirm that 29 British nationals, captured in the raid on the so-called "freedom flotilla", are being held in an Israeli jail, while Ahsan Shamruk is being treated in hospital.

www.channel4.com... rs+held+by+israel/3665627

I suppose they are in prison for illegally crossing Israel border

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skellon

Originally posted by DangerDeath
The IDF made an illegal boarding of a ship at open seas and killed passengers.
What is the problem understanding that?

Just not willing to.

I agree that they made an illegal bording of a ship in international waters, the evidence does seem to support this.

Hey at least you acknowledge that much.

There were people still arguing this didn't happen when Israel itself said it was outside their territory.

Lets not forget the fact that the blockade is in violation of United Nations Security Council Resolution 1860 which forbids impeding

an immediate ceasefire in Gaza leading to a full Israeli withdrawal, unimpeded provision through Gaza of food, fuel and medical treatment, and intensified international arrangements to prevent arms and ammunition smuggling. UNSC Resolution 180 - wiki

Israel has simply ignored this.
They occupy and control but claim they aren't occupying and controlling.

Again, breaking rules then using other rules in that same book to justify their lethal actions in a flagrant disregard of the laws all together.

The blockade is illegal, boarding the vessel was illegal and any actions taken against the armed trespassers would be their own fault. Illegally boarding a vessel armed to the teeth and in international waters then claiming you killed 20+ passengers on it because they attacked you with sticks/pipes is ridiculous and wouldn't stand up in a sane court of law.

If these guys illegally busted onto my sailboat shouting orders with guns pointed at me and my family and I end up shot in the process via resistance how can I be blamed?

Because they told me I can't sail past them when I know that legally I can?

- Lee

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.

Oh, I definitely agree with all of your points. We're walking a razors edge right most certainly.

Have you seen this new news:
Egypt opens border with Gaza

I wonder how this is going to effect the situation, given the already tense relationships between Israel and Egypt going back years.

They are trying to help Israel. They want to lure convoy to Egypt and reach Gaza from there, thus prevent another conflict at sea.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath

Channel 4 News can confirm that 29 British nationals, captured in the raid on the so-called "freedom flotilla", are being held in an Israeli jail, while Ahsan Shamruk is being treated in hospital.

www.channel4.com... rs+held+by+israel/3665627

I suppose they are in prison for illegally crossing Israel border

The way they described it on the news,those on the flotilla who have opted for jail,until deportation by the Israeli courts,have done so in an attempt to drag this story out in the media,thus maximising the negative publicity for Israel.

I would probably do the same if I had just witnessed friends or collegues being slaughtered by the Israelis.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Someone posted it, Israelis want them to sign the paper they crossed Israel border illegally.

They want them to admit they committed a "crime".

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
riddle me this ,

they where on international waters when the incident happened

they "forcefully" ship them to israel and slam either deportation or prison while they wait for their sentences ,

how is that legaly even possible ?

edit edit

[edit on 31-5-2010 by zerbot565]

Get the powerful lawyers in and sue the pants off Israel there is list of major crimes committed against hundreds of innocent people and businesses the damages would be in the billions and that's without the legal bills.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Blimey that sucks.
Screw signing that document-they were crossed into Israel by the Isreali Military for gods sakes...we know they were approx 80 miles out of Israeli waters when they were attacked.

Insane and cruel tactics by Israel IMO,but who can expect anything more?

new topics

top topics

<< 104  105  106    108  109  110 >>

join