It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beekeepers Remove 700,000 Bees From Man's Home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Holy Crap this guy is insane!!!

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- Lake Worth resident Norm Gitzen didn't mind the more than half-million bees living in the roof of his house until recently.

Rather, he said, they were "kind of mesmerizing," and he often sweetened his morning coffee with honey dripping from the hives.

But when the bees started coming into the house, stinging him and his nephew, his love of that cohabitation changed. Local beekeepers started removing at least 700,000 bees from a tower above his breakfast nook on Tuesday, filling four buckets with honey weighing close to 65 pounds.

Full Story from WFTV.com

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
How would you get 700 000 bees into a house. That is mind boggling. He used the dripping nectar to sweeten his coffee. LOL, LMAO. He found the bees a problem when they started stinging him. He could have sold the bees and made a fortune.

:w:

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Thanks for the news article KillerD and i agree, he must be like insane. I have had a few wasp nests in the roof before but no where near that ammount. Am surprised the guy is alive though, i thought the bees would eventually attack into him or his nephew.

I wouldnt like to go to his house for dinner lol

Rynaldo

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Thanks for the link. Also, the "News Of The Strange Slideshow" link on that page has some superb pictures in the slideshow.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
back in my hometown newpaper, they reported last month that a swarm of bees were removed from a front yard.

A man went out and he saw the swarm and called the fire department, they came and could just stand there and watch as they had no clue about how to take care of the situation.

Finally someone contacted a bee keeper from a few hours away and he came and got them.

I would link the story, but it's a small town newpaper and searching thier archives is nearly impossible, takes forever.

top topics

join