It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there proof of the Nephillim?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I've been reading the Genesis a bit. The thing that's interesting to me about the Genesis is that it's usually mostly a theistic view about secular world history as it follows the life of Moses and Abraham, and, others. I'm on like chapter 15 right now. I was just wondering about the Nephilim. Just keep in mind- that I'm not a believer in the Christian faith. I am not an atheist however, I am an agnostic (I have to say that all the time in religion threads, because, of fear that someone will try to convert me, when I just wish to discuss the religion).

Anyhow, just some background info on Nephilims

Gen. 6:2-4: “That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose.…There were giants in the earth in those days; and also afterward, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.”

The question of the mention of sons of God in Gen. 6 has always provoked much controversy. Did Angels actually co-habitat with humans, or were they the godly descendant's of Seth that took women from the ungodly line of Cain.

It has been the opinion of the majority of Rabbis that this event had actually occurred, and that they were indeed angels. Ancient rabbinical sources, and the Septuagint translators in the 3rd century before Christ all upheld this view. The early church agreed with this view almost to the end of the fourth century. ( Justin, Cyprian, Athenagoras, Eusebius, also Josephus, Philo, and Judeaus accepted this traditional view. While we should not let tradition be the final say in doctrinal matters we can learn from their statements why they considered this view. What changed this view is only speculated but it very well could have been from an anti supernatural out look.

www.letusreason.org...

I'm really interested in if there have been written records or documentation (other than the bible) about Nephilim. Does anyone know of anything about this?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I have often wondered if the " sons of God " were / are the people created on the 6th day?

26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth." 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. 28 And God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the air and over every living thing that moves upon the earth."

Where as the children of Adam and Eve where the daughters / son's of man .

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Max_TO]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Answer: Read the Book of Enoch. It is ancient but was left out of the Bible.

Here is some related info about the "ARC" stories from around the world. I will look up a former post with Enoch and link in a few.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

As the various cultures talk about the "Great Flood", I hypothisise that there were many "Arcs" and survivors at high altitude.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by infolurker]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Research "Azazel" and "Semjaza" and the Watchers.... They sent Enoch to beg God to forgive them but they had caused so much destruction and damage that God had to destroy the earth (The Great Flood) to take out the Nephilim (half breed superhuman angel / men) which are the "giant or legends" of old mentioned in the bible.

The Watchers and Nephilim set themselves up as Gods and Legends (Maybe even the deities and legends of myth). See the Book of Enoch.

Here is some internet babble about it. The Book of Enoch has been translated and reads pretty clear though there is some conjecture on Azazel... if he was a Watcher or Spawn of a Watcher.

www.bitterwaters.com...

A Summary:

The Account of the Watchers in 1 Enoch

The main passages in 1 Enoch describing the fall of the Watchers encompass chapters 6 through 8. These
rather brief chapters are listed in their entirety below. Chapter 6 reveals how the Watchers saw the beauty
of the daughters of men, and how they purposed to descend to earth, have sexual relations, and beget
children with them. Semjaza, the leader of the Watchers, met with his brethren upon mount Hermon, and He
initiated an oath among all that they would go in unto the women and to take for themselves wives. Verse 3
explains that Semjaza extracted this oath because he feared his fellow Watchers would abandon their plan
after he had committed some “great sin”, and he alone would end up paying the penalty. What this great sin
is unspecified. One may suppose that it was the act of sexually going unto a woman, but why Semjaza would
have to act before his compatriots is unclear from. Based just on the text of 1 Enoch, the exact nature of the
great sin Semjaza had to commit must remain at least a partial mystery. However, as we shall see, a
complete analysis of all available material suggest that Semjaza had to sexually mate with Lilith before he
and the other Watchers could mate and bear seed with the daughters of Adam.

Chapter 7 reveals the Watchers did as they pledged upon Mount Hermon. They went unto women and bare
giants with them. These giants spread, and began to devour and displace mankind upon the earth. It is at
this point that Azazel suddenly appears for the first time. 1 Enoch 8:1-2 reveals that Azazel taught men the
art of war and women the ways of harlotry. Because of him there arose much ungodliness. Azazel’s
corruption of man apparently greatly exceeded that of any Watcher, even that of Semjaza, who is listed after
Azazel. Only three words are used to describe Semjaza’s feats in corrupting man. This is in contrast to the
two whole verses dedicated to Azazel’s acts.

1 Enoch 6– 8 (translated by R. H. Charles)

6:1. And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto them beautiful and comely daughters. 2. And the angels, the children of the heaven, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another: 'Come, let us choose us wives from among the children of men and beget us children.' 3. And Semjaza, who was their leader, said unto them: 'I fear ye will not indeed agree to do this deed, and I alone shall have to pay the penalty of a great sin.' 4. And they all answered him and said: 'Let us all swear an oath, and all bind ourselves by mutual imprecations not to abandon this plan but to do this thing.' 5. Then sware they all together and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it. 6. And they were in all two hundred; who descended in the days of Jared on the summit of Mount Hermon, and they called it Mount Hermon, because they had sworn and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it. 7. And these are the names of their leaders: Samlazaz, their leader, Araklba, Rameel, Kokablel, Tamlel, Ramlel, Danel, Ezeqeel, Baraqijal, Asael, Armaros, Batarel, Ananel, Zaq1el, Samsapeel, Satarel, Turel, Jomjael, Sariel. 8. These are their chiefs of tens. 7:1 And all the others together with them took unto themselves wives, and each chose for himself one, and they began to go in unto them and to defile themselves with them, and they taught them charms and enchantments, and the cutting of roots, and made them acquainted with plants. 2 And they became pregnant, and they bare great giants, whose height was three thousand ells: 3. They consumed all the acquisitions of men. And when men could no longer sustain them, 4. the giants turned against them and devoured mankind. 5. And they began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and fish, and to devour one another's flesh, and drink the blood. 6. Then the earth laid accusation against the lawless ones. 8:1. And Azazel taught men to make swords, and knives, and shields, and breastplates, and made known to them the metals of the earth and the art of working them, and bracelets, and ornaments, and the use of antimony, and the beautifying of the eyelids, and all kinds of costly stones, and all colouring tinctures. 2. And there arose much godlessness, and they committed fornication, and they were led astray, and became corrupt in all their ways. 3. Semjaza taught enchantments, and root-cuttings, Armaros the resolving of enchantments, Baraqijal (taught) astrology, Kokabel the constellations, Ezeqeel the knowledge of the clouds, Araqiel the signs of the earth, Shamsiel the signs of the sun, and Sariel the course of the moon. 4. And as men perished, they cried, and their cry went up to heaven
Much can be said about these critical chapters in 1 Enoch. But first compare these passages against their
counterparts in Genesis.

The Parallel Account of the Watchers in Genesis 6
The only direct mention in the Tanach of the events involving the Watchers comes in Ge 6:1-8. Those
passages provide a very brief summary of events that are expounded in greater detail in 1 Enoch. As
we shall see, the two accounts in 1 Enoch and Genesis are in complete harmony. Verses 1 and 2 of
Ge 6 reveal that as man began to populate the earth and have daughters, the Beni Elohiym ("sons of
God") saw that these women were fair, and they took them for wives. These Beni Elohiym are generally
acknowledged by most scholars to be angels , although various other explanations have been put forth
with little success . I hold that Beni Elohiym referring to angels in Ge 6 can be firmly established from
the term’s other usages in the Tanach. Every time Beni Elohiym is used in the Tanach, it clearly refers
to angels.

Ge 6:1-9 (KJV)

1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they
chose.
3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an
hundred and twenty years.
4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in
unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old,
men of renown.
5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of
his heart was only evil continually.
6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast,
and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked
with God.

Also, It is "beleived" that many of the "ancient gods" were the watchers and Nephilim.

Sumerian: www.crystalinks.com...

These Gods were called the Nephilim Nefilim, Elohim, the Anunnaki - "Those who from Heaven to Earth came."

In Sumerian Mythology they were a pantheon of good and evil gods and goddesses who came to Earth to create the human race. According to the some resources, these gods came from Nibiru - 'Planet of the Crossing.' The Assyrians and Babylonians called it 'Marduk', after their chief god. Sumerians said one year on planet Nibiru, a sar, was equivalent in time to 3,600 Earth years. Anunnaki lifespans were 120 sars which is 120 x 3,600 or 432,000 years. According to the King List - 120 sars had passed from the time the Anunnaki arrived on Earth to the time of the Flood.

So, according to the Sumerians 432,000 years passed from the time the "Watchers" took physical form (from the spirit) until God wiped out via the "great flood". Interesting if you think about that.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
stargods.org...

The books of Jasher, Jubilees, Enoch, and others contain the complete story of what happened in the antediluvian (pre-flood) world. The Nephilim angels set themselves up as pagan "gods" to be worshiped, and their hybrid, genetically monstrous sons as "demigod" kings over the rest of humanity. These offspring were also called nephilim, and they were brutal, cruel, occultic and cannibalistic giants who treated ordinary human beings with contempt. There were 300 original "Watchers" above the Earth, who rebelled and became the Nephilim. Their leader was named Semyaza. Through corrupt angelic knowledge, the pre-flood world was corrupted.

The book of Enoch says that the Nephilim and their children "sinned against all flesh," creating HYBRID creatures which were part human, part beast, part fowl (or bird). Sound familiar? The 300 fallen "watchers," whose original job had been to PROTECT humanity and the Earth, were utterly depraved. They taught mankind the arts of witchcraft, sorcery, drug abuse, and war. The gene-pool of the human race was tainted as well, almost beyond recovery. When you read the story of Noah and his family, it should be understood that he was not only selected to survive because of the quality of his character; Genesis states that, unlike the majority of the rest of humanity, Noah was "found perfect in all his generations." In other words, he and his family were UNTAINTED by the fallen angelic bloodline, which God had cursed to eternal damnation (in the Hebrew Old Testament, the word "rapha" means "the damned," the "eternally dead," "demon," "ghost," and GIANT, i.e., the spirit of one of the offspring of the Nephilim.

After the flood, when MOST but not all of the Nephilim offspring and hybrid mutations were destroyed, the 300 former "watchers" were confined inside the Earth, in a prison from which they can not escape. These are those who are referred to by Paul in Ephesians chapter 6 as "the rulers of the spiritual darkness of this world." Although imprisoned, they are still VERY powerful and can influence world events, particularly through their offspring and creations. Jude refers to them, quoting directly from the book of Enoch, when he says "the angels who are chained in eternal darkness, awaiting the judgment of the great day." This is NOT a reference to Lucifer/Satan and his angels, who still "wage war in heaven."

[edit on 31-5-2010 by infolurker]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
A user on here, name wise man, believes that the Nephilim were God's chosen people before the flood. Like the Israelis in the Bible.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Here's a video link he gave me to explain his reason. www.dailymotion.com...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I asked for proof... not sections from the bible. Quotes from the bible don't exactly count as a reliable source in my book. I was wondering if there have been other written documents suggesting their existence outside of the normal Christian ones.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I asked for proof... not sections from the bible. Quotes from the bible don't exactly count as a reliable source in my book. I was wondering if there have been other written documents suggesting their existence outside of the normal Christian ones.

Ummm.... The books of Jasher, Jubilees, Enoch are not from the bible. One of the oldest versions of the "Book of Enoch" dates to before 200 BC. The Sumerian stuff is far older.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
I have often wondered if the " sons of God " were / are the people created on the 6th day?

26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth." 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. 28 And God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the air and over every living thing that moves upon the earth."

Where as the children of Adam and Eve where the daughters / son's of man .

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Max_TO]

The bible is a huge solar allegory with church doctrine mixed in to their liking. It is not meant to be taken literally at all, and nobody except those who read Aramaic are qualified to speak on it. AND, even then, good luck getting it from the Vatican!

Anyway, why do people say "god"? It clearly says "Let us create man in our image." That means that the gods made man, obviously and indisputably.

Also, I have heard that the gods came down and made men in their image, but that man was already here and that the gods came down to change man. In other words, if I say I'm going to make you in my image. That could very well mean you are already here. I'm "making you in my image" but not creating you. It is just another interpretation I've heard, but it is very clear that a single supreme god did not make us. And, not only that, it means that more than one god created men in their image. That means we have god-like images. Maybe some gods are meant to be killers and some meant to suffer, and that's the god-like way it is. So, hey....be yourself.

Anyway, I think it's generally pointless to discuss the "truth" of the bible when you're not even reading the original version. Hell even in one language people can't agree on the same one!

Move on with your life, I'd suggest.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by glitchinmymatrix]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

Thanks I'll try to check it out when I have the time.

reply to post by glitchinmymatrix

I did want to respond to what you said at the end there. I am studying the bible because I want to have an opinion about what these people actually believe. I'm an agnostic, but, like I don't want to just go out and ranting about religion and not have any idea of what I'm talking about. You know that guy who said you need to know your enemy, right? I've gotten in discussions about religion before where I was called out for just saying things without knowing what I was saying, so, doing this would be able to help me understand the mind frame of where Christians stand on.

top topics

join