It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 dead, flotilla fired upon by Israel

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
This incident has really made all the anti-semites go nuts, especially the ones who state they're not 'anti-semitic but...'; their posts just reek of irrational hatred. Of course the Israeli govt has committed a grave act, however this is not an excuse to go berserk against all Israeli and Jewish people, many of whom would be just as horrified as anyone else at this shocking event. The really psycho anti-semitic conspiracy sites are also going nuts...no surprise there.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by lostinau]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by tellmemoreok

Same old battles different month. These folks have been killing each other for over 2,000 years. And they'll continue to kill each other till no is left alive in that part of the world. No reason to get all worked up over, its business as usual.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Palestinians will strike back at Israel with a massive wave of suicide bombings and rocket attacks.

They will have every justification to do this now, as Israel has pre emptively struck first.

I'm sure there won't be any shortage of volunteers for Palestinian suicide missions after this.

Expect to see attacks against civilians in Jerusalem, Haifa, Tel Aviv, and rocket attacks from Gaza and possibly Lebanon as well.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by brutalsun

So you honestly belive that "Jews" where in the middle east befour any arab group? Realy? you believe that? Considering the "Jews" have been proven by DNA to originate from Eastern Europe and no Jewish DNa stems from north Africa unlike "true semetics" ie Arabs.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
IMO That is a poor decision by the Israeli government to actually send soldiers into the ships for two reasons.

1. The global media just scans for information to broadcast anything anti-Israeli when it comes to the whole Israel-Gaza ordeal, and now you give them an excuse not to have a fiesta but to have a damned all-you-can-eat-buffet at the story. And it couldn't have come in a worse time, right in the middle of the discussions about the nuclear free middle east.

2. The government risked it's own soldiers by getting them in there. I wonder what would be the excuse to the soldier's parents if they have died.

BUT!
And there is a huge BUT!

People MUST ask themselves just what exactly did this flotila hoped to achieve?
Did they really plan all of this just to give a piece of meat to an arab child? Or to come over to gaza to burn some flag and show symbolic support?

NO!

They came EXACTLY for this headline! This is what they wanted to achieve!
Can you imagine one country in the world where a virtually unknown organization would launch ship at it's waters (true the take-over happened in international waters but they were heading to Israel's waters obviously), while the country would do nothing to stop the ship?

The IDF DID try to get the ships to stop at first, with no answer from the ships. More than that, the ships changed their course to avoid the Israeli ships and bypass them.
What else can you do? Let an unknown ship get to your waters, unchecked and unauthorized?

Not a single nation in the world would do so.

The killing didn't have to take part, nobody gained NOTHING from that, but the soldiers had to protect themselves.

Do you know an army who will not attack anyone that attacks it's soldiers? I don't, for sure. Tho I still say it is a poor decision to take-over the ship.

IMO, Israel should have disabled the ship's engines while it's in international waters, and leave them there begging for rescue, without anyone getting killed or hurt.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostinau
This incident has really made all the anti-semites go nuts, especially the ones who state they're not 'anti-semitic but...'; their posts just reek of irrational hatred. Of course the Israeli govt has committed a grave act, however this is not an excuse to go berserk against all Israeli and Jewish people, many of whom would be just as horrified as enyone else at this shocking event. The really psycho anti-semitic conspiracy sites are also going nuts...no surprise there.

Why why why is it "Anti semetic"? Jews arnt semetic... proven by DNA.
But yes i agree that Israelis may be horrified by this... i hope

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long
Why why why is it "Anti semetic"? Jews arnt semetic... proven by DNA.
But yes i agree that Israelis may be horrified by this... i hope

If you haven't been able to detect the anti-semitic tone of many of the replies in this thread, then I think trying to convince you now would be pointless.

As for your comment that people of Jewish descent 'arnt semetic', I'm not even going to bother going there.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Lol, just wait until the basement dwellers start using the word "Khazars", that's really gonna be nice.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by hawaiinguy12

According to time stamp THIS post was first. You should check that out before you start making accusations.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleSecret
reply to post by tellmemoreok

10000 people still watching the live feed while it is showing nothing..

As long as Isreal controls the money in the USA and most of western Europe, they are considered untouchble. There will be a lot of protest and inquiries but nothing will come of it (as per usual). Nothing came of the genacide they committed last year, i don't think 19 detahs is going to change anything to those people in gaza.

That's just my opinion guys.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Palestinians will strike back at Israel with a massive wave of suicide bombings and rocket attacks.

They will have every justification to do this now, as Israel has pre emptively struck first.

I'm sure there won't be any shortage of volunteers for Palestinian suicide missions after this.

Expect to see attacks against civilians in Jerusalem, Haifa, Tel Aviv, and rocket attacks from Gaza and possibly Lebanon as well.

In that case, the whole region would be engulfed into a devastating regional war. I think that if anything happens on the northern Israeli border with Lebanon, this time Syria, Iran,Hamas and Hezbollah would get involved in the war.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
sabra ..sjatilla.... now piratcy....by the time the zionist proof hitler was an man with vision...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The incident was captured and on Fox News just now. It's 11.13 a.m. EST. Netanyahu canceled White House visit tomorrow.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bonnieprince

Also I think this is pretty bad, attacking or boarding a ship registered with another state is against international law..

Interestingly Israel is one of a handful of nations which has not signed up to the UN Covention on the Law of the Sea. Therefore, in their eyes, they have done nothing wrong.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The flotilla had purposefully stopped for the night in international waters with plans of trying to run the blockade in the daylight. According to the Turkish Government, the ships were searched for weapons before being allowed to leave port and the passengers had to go thru airport style body scanners as they boarded to assure that no weapons were brought on board. The only "weapons" on board were those carried by the pirates. If a few of these "crack commandos" had their weapons taken and used against them then oh well.
For Israel to attack them in international waters is no different that the somali pirates attacking the ships. It is piracy, pure and simple. Of course those on board tried to defend themselves with whatever was at hand. For Israel to claim self defense during an illegal pirate raid is ludicris.

Like the Al Jazeera reporter said to the Israel PR guy, if they wanted to minimize the potential for bad things happening, then why didn't they arm at least the first wave with "Non-lethals" or "less lethals" like rubber bullets and have a second wave standing by with live ammo. This was a pirate raid in international waters. How is this different from the somali pirates attacking a US ship in international waters?????

More importantly, how is this different than Iranian naval forces attacking a US civilian ship in international waters? What would happen if something like that went down??

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Also I think this is pretty bad, attacking or boarding a ship registered with another state is against international law..

Interestingly Israel is one of a handful of nations which has not signed up to the UN Covention on the Law of the Sea. Therefore, in their eyes, they have done nothing wrong.

Point taken

Many disagree with israel though

As evidenced by the rage and disgust being freely expressed in other forums across the interwebs

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostinau
This incident has really made all the anti-semites go nuts, especially the ones who state they're not 'anti-semitic but...'; their posts just reek of irrational hatred. Of course the Israeli govt has committed a grave act, however this is not an excuse to go berserk against all Israeli and Jewish people, many of whom would be just as horrified as anyone else at this shocking event. The really psycho anti-semitic conspiracy sites are also going nuts...no surprise there.

All rational people are, hopefully, abhorred by the actions of the Israeli goverment but also intelligent enough to realise that this is totally removed from the rights of the Jewish people to exist, and even to have a homeland.

My objections to Israel's actions - and hope most will agree - would apply equally were the perpetrators French, Iranian, Australian or Bangladeshi.

Israel has, IMO, constantly acted to alienate itself and fevour hatred towards the country. This seems a strange behaviour for a country which was not well liked by its neighbours in the first place. One almost thinks it's aiming for self destruction.... (and the conspiracist might argue that religious extremists within Israel are trying to provoke armageddon).

If people don't like you, giving others more reason not to like you is not always the best course of action.

It should be noted that I dislike Hamas just as much and they are in many ways also culpable here. But Israel should try and grow up and be bigger and better, whilst they have any credibility left.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
israel always has # to international laws...
its time to treat them the same as we do with other villan states...like iran ore NK...

weapon boycot and trading boycots.....
I will never buy any israeli product anymoore...

especcialy boycot of delivering german torpedo's for there subs... :-)

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I just want to say that this is a sad state of affairs. Israel's actions are over the top and unnecessary and if it happened to their people they would demand justice.

I demand justice for those who died and for those detained.
I doubt we will get it, Israel is great at avoiding International Pressures and avoiding being sanctioned since they are backed by the USA.

Both the USA and Israel sure are digging some deep holes for themselves these days. Just more reasons to lead us into a mass war. Wow, aren't we humans smart? We still manage to repeat past mistakes even in this day and age....its not wonder some people have lost hope in the human civilization.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9

Originally posted by Essan

Point taken

Many disagree with israel though

As evidenced by the rage and disgust being freely expressed in other forums across the interwebs

Indeed.

I was just making an observation.

Incidently, it would appear that under UNCLOS piracy only applies to acts perpetrators by individuals - so technically this wasn't piracy. However, depending on which flag these vessels were flying under (an important point) then it could be deemed an act of war.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join