It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Hand, Is It Back?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 23rd_Degree

Originally posted by Darktalon
I would like to commend you for not blaming the Abu Ghraib on administration, or atleast not saying they did it. I was fully ready to take that on heheh.

I don't think Bush and Co. knew anything about what was going in that prison. I don't directly blame any high-ranking officials for that blunder. However, I feel that everything that happens in this "war" is ultimately the responsibility of the US government, whether they ordered it or not. Bush has taken credit for everything good that's happened so far, so he and his war hawks should also take the blame for the bad things that happen. It's only fair. Life isn't fair, however, and neither is war, so I won't hold my breath.
Rumsfeld did take responsibility for it. During the senate's defense budgetting hearing he said it happened under his watch, and if he didn't think he could make the situation better he would have already resigned.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darktalon
Rumsfeld did take responsibility for it. During the senate's defense budgetting hearing he said it happened under his watch, and if he didn't think he could make the situation better he would have already resigned.

Yes, he did, and I was stunned when I saw it on the news. Still, though, he was acting under orders from the commander in chief, so really it's the big guy's responsibility ultimately. Anyway, enough hijacking this thread.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join