It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ring-Shaped UFO Over Los Angeles

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
"UFOs in the sky! That’s what happened yesterday in Los Angeles. People were able to see this strange light hovering in the sky and they even got the chance to film it. In the video we can see the “ring of light” dancing everywhere in the sky and is definitely not a plane or other known flying machine."

theufologynetwork.freeforum.ca...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this

At first I was thinking another balloon with lights or a LED kite, but knowing your level of investigation on strange objects there was no chance you would be posting that kind of stuff.

This is a very interesting clip, and by the commentary of the guy holding the camera it sounds like he needs a change of shorts.

He said it was making a loud humming/ buzzing sound, which if you turn up the volume you can hear it. He estimated the object was over 5 miles away.

Should be interesting to watch this thread and see what everybody comes up for possibilities.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
For a website called "The Ufology Network" there is no information to be found on that site as to the date of the sighting, the time, a specific location, weather, or what direction we're facing.

It looks neat, but my guess is that he's taping a little RC helicopter with LEDs on the rotor blades and underneath.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleObserver
At first I was thinking another balloon with lights or a LED kite, but knowing your level of investigation on strange objects there was no chance you would be posting that kind of stuff.

Ha! Thanks, but I'm no expert. I just saw this had been uploaded onto youtube in the past few hours and I wanted to see what the ATS make of it.

I was also thinking it could be a kite... but how do we explain the sound it's making?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Can't really tell much of anything from this poor quality video, of course.

Reminds me a lot of the "UFO over the Rocky Mountains" hoax made by the kids with the LED light from Walmart.

It feels "staged" to me--I guess it's primarily the narrator. It sounds like he's acting to me.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Yea the sound element of it is interesting. I wish he would of zoomed out and held it there a little longer so we could get a good look at its movements.

I'll check some sighting sites in a few to see if anybody reported anything in the area.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

FOXMULDER147.....

That's an old video.

That's a remote control device that was being operated out of a car park.

If you do a search, you should be able to find that.

Failing that, I'll have a look for you later after work!

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
It's like the Linn Murphy radio ufo. You can tell by the way it banks and stays in the same area.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Are you sure it's the same one? The report says it happened "yesterday", May 29.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Some of the movements, lights and shapes it appeared in had me hopeful for a UFO, but it's impossible to confirm any changing or "morphing" at all.

Also, the fact that it stays in the same area doesn't help against logical arguments that it is an RC copter.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Here's Murphy with his ufo.

youtube.com...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo
Here's Murphy with his ufo.

youtube.com...

Well that would explain the noise...

Those things should be banned!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I was happy to read about his being arrested...for pants. www.ufo-blog.com...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Looks like an RC Heli with L.E.D. lights.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

Ha ha! That's priceless! "Gaylon" Murphy damaged his designer pants in a fall in the restroom...

However, as long as this man and his 'products' are around, I don't think we can take a UFO report over LA seriously...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
It's an interesting video, but I'm still skeptical about this one. Another problem I have is that it seems in almost every video I think is questionable there's always a problem with shaky cam and focus. It's not that hard to stay steady and focused on an object unless your nerves are just extremely bad.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadhatterTheGreat
It's an interesting video, but I'm still skeptical about this one. Another problem I have is that it seems in almost every video I think is questionable there's always a problem with shaky cam and focus. It's not that hard to stay steady and focused on an object unless your nerves are just extremely bad.

Please please read the thread in full before replying, if you had read the single page of posts you would have seen that 1,. its an old video and 2. its a fake, a model and video proof provided.

I'm not having a dig, I just think it makes people look silly if they don't read the whole thread first.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
No need to be a prude, my post is still valid and doesn't make me look silly at all. If anything it makes my argument stronger that the way a video is shot can have a strong impact as to its validity.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadhatterTheGreat
No need to be a prude, my post is still valid and doesn't make me look silly at all. If anything it makes my argument stronger that the way a video is shot can have a strong impact as to its validity.

Yes I agree and it's becoming pretty hard to separate the frauds from the real UFO's (I'm not saying aliens!). I'm just saying that not reading the thread in whole (about 10 posts in this case) seemed pointless. These threads can soon become massive with people still trying to make reasons for items that have been 100% debunked at the early part of the thread?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
That was pretty cool to watch nevertheless

But IMO the sound is due to a plane, no way that a remote control device would make that noise "5+ miles away" (or the neighbors of the kid would have killed him).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join