It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe and USA

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauempire

Originally posted by LightFantastic
reply to post by tauempire

The main reason Europeans bash the USA is because of their paranoia that everyone hates them and the lists their citizens produce claiming to have invented everything. Such as:

- Electricity (You can't invent it but was discovered by an English man - William Gilbert)Benjamin Franklin

- Electric light (Humphry Davy - English)thomas edison

- The automobile (Karl Benz - German)Henry ford

- Internet (Tim Berners-Lee - English)you MIGHT be right on that one

- Atomic bomb (Leo Szilard - Hungarian)are you high?

The US may have some bad points but they are outweighed by the good. The same goes for most countries. Britain is in many ways closer to the US than mainland Europe so please bear that in mind when you give your next rant.

PS You forgot to mention you saved 'Europes' butt in the war.
[edit on 30/5/2010 by LightFantastic]

I realise that US schools may teach you that you invented everthing but this infomation is pretty consistent and easy to find on the Internet...

- Electricity

- Electric Lamp

- Automobile

- Internet

- Atomic Bomb The US created the first working device however

Try that fantastic US invention Google next time, all results I listed are from the first few displayed and are American web sites. Feel free to find some links to back up your claims.

Happy reading...

[edit on 31/5/2010 by LightFantastic]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Wrong it's pretty much cos the USA is Israhells slave, a raped beaten slave, stop fighting for Israhell and get liked again, you must want to be liked because I've noted a trend of yanks coming here crying that no body likes them even though they give old rice to Haiti and other hungry folk boo hoo.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Ahh! this is so funny - but also very sad!

Some delusional American now says that Henry Ford invented the Automobile

While the rest of the world KNOWS that Benz is the inventor of the Automobile.

That is just one example how the brainwashing and indoctrination works in the U.S

These American kids are growing up reading stuff like this in their corporated school text books and then believe it's true! - that is the sad part of the American propaganda - they now believe that THEY are the grand inventors of everything.

I feel sad for the American kids though!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
tauempire,

you are an idiot, If you think that all us Europeans have a problem with you then you are very mistaken.

you are doing nothing more than spreading hate between the USA and Europe.

I myself am an english man and am very found of my american cousins.
This thread is full of nationalists.

Why dont you just say

''MY DAD COULD BEAT YOUR DAD UP''
BEcause thats what your sayin'

Jesus, Long live America and Europe :]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Hahahahahahahahahahaha..

This "Silly European" loves the fact that the views in your post are so ridiculous in their conception that you didn't even get a star at the time of me posting this.. On the third page btw..

So us "Silly Europeans".. I assume you mean EU citizens yea? 500 million people of dozens of historical backgrounds & languages etc etc.

We all apparently hate the US for whatever reasons?
For us to do that, we would all have to care about US enough to want to hate it..

And btw, most people don't.. The vast vast vast majority of the 400 million NON ENGLISH SPEAKING EU don't have enough contact with the US for it to ever come up in conversation apart from the odd lingering sentiment about the recent Iraq massacre and Media attack on EU allies..

Speaking from personal opinion, while I was pissed with the US and UK government for Iraq, there's no point in bringing it up because some whiney individual will turn it around in a similar fashion to what you are doing and try play themselves as a victim.. Which BTW, is an absolutely sad sad act.. So your thread is very sad btw..

And also, how many of those "American Inventions" were created by "European" immigrants? How many were based on European ideas and concepts created by European minds.. lol

Hmmm.. Obviously seeing as I disagree with your dumbass points, Im clearly an Anti American then yea?

And by your logic, you're an "Anti European".. I might start a thread whining about the fact that you are complaining about others complaining about your governments imperial wars.. And then point out that you are speaking a European language while you're whining..

Do you even know what a "European" is?

You should rethink your strategy in regards this point..

And for those people here that do dislike the US because of its Imperialism.. Whats your point? People have always hated imperialism.. FACT. So how is it different with you guys? Wars for profit will always make enemies.

Get over it.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

The simple truth is....europe has pretty much ALWAYS hated us. It is pretty much a fact of life. Europe has always thought of us as violent uncouth idiots. Ever since our nation was founded we have been hated by almost the whole of europe.

No.

In fact for much of the past 200 years most Europeans have admired, respected and even at times looked up to America.

Though we do think your prohibition days were pretty daft

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

3.lol where to start on this one? the united kingdom has a higher gun crime rate then the usa...and it does not even allow guns in civilian hands.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by tauempire]

I'm going to go through your confused, smug posts one by one after I've eaten but this one stands out as being especially ludicriss!

Err, no the UK does not! The UK has a much higher violent crime rate than the USA and it does have high gun crime rates but the gun crime rates in the UK is NOTHING compared to that of America. Not even per capita!

EDIT: Finished eating but decided I'm not going to touch this thread. It's bloody stupid! Hopefully the OP has cleared off with his tail between his legs, although I doubt it. One thing people dislike Americans for is their arrogance and their obnoxiousness, which the OP has by the barrow, so s/he no doubt believes his point has been made, no matter everyone has shot it down.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by triplesod]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Posting ignorant topics to ATS isn't going to help giving people a better view on america.
And in case you didn't know, by ignorant I'm referring to you saying "silly europeans" like we're all the same. Granted, I didn't read everything you posted, but that was because of the way you started the topic.
"The meek shall inherit the earth" and all that, try being more humble about it and I'm sure people will start to see more eye-to-eye with you.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

For those of us in the united states let me assure you its not because of the deeds that our government has done that europe hates us.

Well let me assure you as a "European" this pretty much is the reason. And lets be honest, your nation, like many others of course, but again, lets be honest particulary your nation of America seems to have severe problems with education and the general impression is your average America is pretty much a loud, dumb as # ignorant asshole.

Back to the actions of your government, yes this is basicaly the single most predominant reason why not just European, but pretty much the entire world hates your nation with a burning passion. The last centuary America has forged the most insidious, power hungry, war mongering Empires the world has ever seen. Since world war 2 it is has been decades of invasions, bombings, overthrowing governments occupations suppressing movements for social change assassinating political leaders perverting elections manipulating labor unions manufacturing "news" economic and political sanctions death squads torture biological warfare depleted uranium
drug trafficking IT IS ENDLESS.

And students of say something like history, politics basicaly well read educated people, including Americans, look at this and think, WHAT THE # THEY MAKE NAZI GERMANY LOOK LIKE SWITZERLAND.

And you have the #ing temerity to rationalise BILLIONS of peoples hatred for your nation because we are somehow jealous???. You sir a proffesional troll.

Oh and by the way GERMANY INVENTED THE #ING AUTOMOBILE YOU MORON. And you wonder why people hate Americans, LOL.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Johnze]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

what in the world cup?? soccer or should i say football? yeah you guys got us beat there. we got you in boxing or should i say pugilism. we are also better at track & field, basketball, baseball, hockey, mixed martial arts etc etc!!! seriously folks you gotta admit american are cool and fun, yeah our government is messed up, but 99% of us will admit it and have a nice round of beer with you!!! NOW LETS GO BLACKHAWKS!!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

Ah yea, but ye don't half have an advantage of having like 300 million people in your country.. So stating it like that doesn't show much.

Put the EU stats against the US stats for a more fair evaluation and the US gets their ass handed to them in regards results.. But then again the EU has an extra 200 million people so thats not exactly fair either is it?

Im looking forward to that Game actually! Gonna be a cracker. The US team is after coming along nicely over the past few years.. Only thing is, if ye guys beat England, the world will never hear the end of it.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

i love getting into these nationalist arguements lol i would have to argue that if you put the whole european union together we would still be better in boxing, baseball, basketball, mma and american football, you would smash us in soccer, golf and cricket lol!! the us soccer team is not one to be underestimated and yes you would never hear the end of it if we won! lol maybe we should stick our arguements to sports and the world would be a better place...um well not including hooliganism lol!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
we would still be better in boxing, baseball, basketball, mma and american football, you would smash us in soccer, golf and cricket lol!!

Agreed.. Add Rugby, Winter Sports and Hurling in there for Europe and we'll call it quits

um well not including hooliganism

That can have its good points as well lol.. It breaks up a boring afternoon

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

lol good times, good times!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join