It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP chief to Gulf residents: 'I'm sorry'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

"The first thing to say is I'm sorry," Tony Hayward said when asked what he would tell people in Louisiana, where heavy oil has already reached parts of the state's southeastern marshes.

"We're sorry for the massive disruption it's caused their lives. There's no one who wants this over more than I do. I would like my life back."

Source

"There's no one who wants this over more than I do. I would like my life back."

IMO, Im sure there is.

If mother nature could talk, wonder what she'd say. No to mention all the sea creatures, fishermen, and everyone else effected by this monumental event.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Oozii]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

I would like my life back

How utterly selfish!!!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Let's see him stand in front of them; all of them and tell them that.

If he is really sorry he will stop the obvious cover-up he is orchestrating over media coverage of this event.

If he is really sorry, he will not only pay 100% of the clean up costs, but will make sure also everyone who has been hit financially is taken care of.

If he is really sorry he will ask for help in solving the ongoing leak.

If he is really sorry he will initiate steps to rebuild the environmental damage his company's lackadaisical attitude towards safety has caused. Even knowing this will take generations.

If he is really sorry, he will admit the true amount of oil that is gushing out of his pipes into the Gulf of Mexico.

If he is really sorry, he will act like it......

[edit on 30-5-2010 by webpirate]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The people and animals would like their life back selfish jerk!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
reply to post by Oozii

I would like my life back

How utterly selfish!!!

The ramification of this disaster have yet to be felt, what will the lives of our children's children be like?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
As the saying goes, "Actions speak Louder than Words"
And the actions done by BP aren't loud enough to make us stop and listen. They need to show that they do. And to stop trying the same methods used over 30years ago.

They're the ones that wanted to fix the leak.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Oozii]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Just read this article about proper booming. The language is a little ruff but the point really gets made.

www.dailykos.com...:-DKos-Booming-School

You may want to skip this at work or schools.

Why are they booming the shore lines incorrectly?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

If he's really sorry, he'll sing like this, like a little prison 8!tCh...(no offense to Brenda Lee obviously).
He'll probably sing a little higher notes once convicted...

[edit on 30-5-2010 by 1SawSomeThings]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oozii

"The first thing to say is I'm sorry," Tony Hayward said

If America was Japan the CEO would commit ritual Seppuku.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I would like my life back."

YOUR life??!!! I'm sure his life, future and finances are guaranteed.

What about the lives of the dead marine life and the future generations who have to suffer the consequences because of your greed!!!

The BP chief can be thrown in the sea with the dying fish as a sacrificial goodwill gesture to mother nature and promise that we'll never do this to her again.

Ex

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Yea, he is just heart sick

Tony Hayward
Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director, BP plc 2424
Age Total Annual Compensation
This person is connected to 24 board members
in 2 different organizations across 6 different industries.

See Board Relationships
51 3,135,000 GBp
As of Fiscal Year 2009

BACKGROUND*
Anthony B. Hayward, Tony has been Chief Executive Officer of BP plc since May 2007. Dr. Hayward serves as Chief Executive of BP America, Inc. Dr. Hayward serves as Chief Executive of Exploration and Production of BP Solar International Inc. He served as Chief Executive Officer of Exploration and Production of BP Plc, Yorktown Virginia Refinery since 2003. He served as Chief Executive of BP Shipping Limited since May 2007. He served as Chief Executive of Exploration and ... Production of Bp PLC from 2002 to February 1, 2007. Dr. Hayward joined BP Plc in 1982 and served as its Group Managing Director. He served as Executive Assistant of Lord Browne since 1990. Two years later he moved to Colombia as Exploration Manager, and served as President of the BP group in Venezuela since September 1995. He served as Group Vice President of BP Amoco Exploration and Production since 1999. He served as a Director of Exploration and Production at BP since 1997, the segment in which he held a series of roles. He served as Group Treasurer at BP since September 2000 where his responsibilities included global treasury operations, corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions and served as its Executive Vice President in 2002. He served as Chief Operating Officer for exploration and production of BP in November 2002. Dr. Hayward serves as an Executive Director of BP Solar International Inc. He has been an Executive Director of BP plc since February 2003. He has been an Executive Director of BP plc since February 2003. He served as a Non Executive and Independent Director of Tata Steel Limited from May 17, 2007 to September 18, 2009. He served as Director of Corus Group Limited (Corus Group Plc) since April 2002 and served as its Senior Independent Director. He served as a Director of BP Exploration since August 1997. He served as member of Advisory Board of Citibank from 2000 to 2003. He was a Companion of the Chartered Management Institute in September 2005. Dr. Hayward holds a PhD in Geology from University of Edinburgh in 1982.

Read Full Background

CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS*
1 St James's Square
London, Greater London SW1Y 4PD

United Kingdom

Phone: 44 20 7496 4000
Fax: 44 20 7496 4630
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEMBERSHIPS*
2007-2009
Former Non-Executive Independent Director
Tata Steel Limited
2007-2007
Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director
BP plc
2002-Present
Former Senior Independent Director, Member of Audit Committee, Member of Health, Safety & Environment Committee and Member of Nominations Committee
Corus Group Limited
Chief Executive of Exploration & Production and Executive Director
BP Solar International Inc.
EDUCATION*
PhD 1982
University of Edinburgh in Scotland
OTHER AFFILIATIONS*
Corus Group Limited
Tata Steel Limited
BP America, Inc.
BP Solar International Inc.
BP Shipping Limited
University of Edinburgh in Scotland ANNUAL COMPENSATION*
Salary 1,045,000 GBp
Bonus 2,090,000 GBp
Total Annual Compensation 3,135,000 GBp

STOCK OPTIONS*
All Other Compensation 23,000 GBp
Exercised Options 220,000
Exercised Values 440,000 GBp
Exercisable Options 546,400
Exercisable Values 560,182 GBp
Unexercisable Options 3,220
Unexercisable Values 3,220 GBp
Total Value of Options 1,003,402 GBp
Total Number of Options 769,620

TOTAL COMPENSATION*
Total Annual Cash Compensation 3,135,000 GBp
Total Short Term Compensation 3,135,000 GBp
Other Long Term Compensation 23,000 GBp
Total Calculated Compensation 3,158,000 GBp

*Data is at least as current as the most recent Definitive Proxy.
Bloomsburg BusinessWeek

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I dont' think an apology coupled with his whining will suffice at all.
We all share some responsibility in this though. Unless you happen to be Amish. That's the really messed up part of all this. It seems they knew
better, but will share in the consequences anyway if this becomes an ele.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
-----------------------

"BP needs to say it will pay to move those dredges and pump that sand berm," he said. "We are gonna die a slow death if we don't get that berm. We've got to have that barrier island."

Instead of saying it, How about doing it?

And this is just about 2 months in. What if it continues? Were going to have to pray for the best right now.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

is he sorry about not securing the operatin 4 a huge some of half a million dollars?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
"I made a hurtful and thoughtless comment on Sunday when I said that 'I wanted my life back,'" Hayward said in a post to BP America's

Thats good that he apologized. Now all thats left to to get that leak to stop, and continue with the efforts of cleaning up the ocean.

BP Chief Apologizes

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
So I heard on the news (BBC America) tonight while I was having dinner at my local bar that they were giving this, er-person, a hefty severance package, $18.5 mil to be exact. Here's the story I researched when I got home.

Google "bp-ceo-hayward-may-exit-with-18-5-million-severance-package-dudley-likely-successor"

This in my opinion is outrageous he should donate it to Gulf cleanup. I doubt Dudley will fair much better with the MSM, or perhaps he will be exalted as a hero, and Hayward gets to fade neatly into obscurity, scot-free. Hopefully, Cliff High's web bot predictions regarding the matter are accurate.

new topics

top topics

join