It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would there ever be an ATS convention??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Well certainly (inless this site is actually a gold mine) the concept of "regional" conventions. even "regional group" led event could be arranged. local event with a local flair. Event halls are not sooo expensive to rent for a day. and with the network of people here I am sure that local prolific speaker, musicians could be found

You charge modest ticket price to cover costs and a margin. and profit goes into the ATS World pot.

Even if it took 3 years of regional events to pool enough cash for the 4 yearly WORLD ATS event. I think it is a solid group endeavor.

Now the ATS as an group must have a treasurer. So the logistics of that should not be soo hard to figure out.

Coming from a group of people, who do the regional local event on a monthly basis, then an annual national event, I know something like this is possible.

But as this is a global site. maybe we could think bigger. just like TPTB. Go national to global! just think how much that would bother them!!! knowing that not only do we meet online, but that we now know how to organise also!!

Ohhhh first step to bigger things some might think!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 30/505/1010 by JakiusFogg]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Karl for MC!!!!!

"Huwwo Spwinger"

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I think this would be awesome. I want to start suggestions on where such a event could be held.

I will start with a place called 'Turkey Run', in Indiana (US). I guess this would be the hardest thing about gathering everyone together...for we are all from all over the world!

Turkey Run is a huge state park with tons of roam room. It is also a great natural park with awesome site seeing with mother nature. There are several Inns close by, there is cabins, there is camping grounds. There is also a lake area just a few miles away that also has camp grounds. Turkey Run offers many outside areas with picnic tables and shelter for a great gathering of people to eat together through out the day. There are several baseball fields, volleyball areas, lots of open grass for frisbee! It is not a place that is ever over populated due to its location its kinda out in the country corn fields.

Its really a gem in the rough.

I think if it was planned a few years in advance everyone would have a chance to try to make it if they were interested.

It might not be the best choice but I would so love to share such a great place with my ATS family.

www.in.gov...

en.wikipedia.org...

During the Pleistocene Epoch the Mansfield sandstone bedrock was carved into the current distinct formations by glacial meltwaters and their associated erosion. Turkey Run features many common features of glaciation, including glacial erratics, till, and scoured canyons from erosion by melting glacial waters.

Wishful thinking?

[edit on 30-5-2010 by LeoVirgo]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Thats what I like to see. People being proactive and taking the initiative.

How about it site owner type people.

possible endorsement?? for our friend here as a trial run?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by On the level

I think it would be one of the most fantastic gathering ever, altho we would need a boxing ring in the middle when so of the trolls show up.

Those darn trolls why do they always show up?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

Actually when you hotly debate something face to face there's much more understanding because you can see the body language. Read their inflections. Much easier and less stressful than the written forum. If there was more of this people would understand each other better and not be as quick to take offense.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I would hope if we had a gathering...we would leave the debates behind at the boards.

Come together to break bread together and have a change to meet up and enjoy a day getting to meet face to face.

Course everyone should have to wear name tags with their ATS names...so we can stay clear of the ones that have listed others as 'foes'

It would be cool though to have different shelter areas with themes such with the name of certain forums so we have a chance to know like minds and gather where we think we might find more comfort amongst like minds. So we can chat about the things we enjoy with others that enjoy the same topics. Just a thought.

Ide like to hang with the science buffs and the spiritual peeps as well...plus I love alot of the Philosophy posters too!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
If we did have a convention, we already have the freaky costume that is de rigueur at such events. (Star Wars conventions, WoW conventions, etc.) We can show up in the latest and greatest tin foil finery.

I think it would be a great idea.

Not to mention it would make it just that much easier for the PTB to round us all up for the FEMA death camps, or for the abducting aliens to probe us.

(Hey this is ATS, we are required to make even a get together into some form of conspiracy)

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I dont mean to be paranoid, but I think that all of us on ATS can agree on one thing. TPTB have the resources to black list us, and I for one dont want to bring any added attention to myself by attending an ATS convention.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
If there are regional (insert company / product / programming language here) User Groups, why not an ATSUG?
Schedule regional conferences and teleconference them together.
Give awards for "Most Outrageous Consipiracy", "Most Foe'd User", "Most Liberal / Conservative Member", etc.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
You mean go outside?

There are volcanoes, earthquakes, emo kids, haarpoons, aliens, wars, tornadoes, oil slicks, hurricanes, MIB, wars, famine, muslims/jews/christians/atheists/agnostics/etc, commi-nazis, tea-makers/partiers, Romans, the antichrists (ie: people who wear beige dockers, sky blue polo shirts, baseball caps and high five each other over beer pitchers), Liverpool fans, despots, the unshowered, cat people, young republicans, yetis, hollywood types, Canadians, Phage, [insert animal] flu, superfluous nipples, comets/asteroids, people who slap a $25 exhaust on their 88 Civic and call it a sports car, John Lear, ghosts, the NWO, yukky spiders ... just to name a few.

As the ocean said to the dirt, I appreciate the sediment ... but I ain't going outside.

Cracked me up I love it.

Maybe you could purchase one of the tastefully designed tinfoil hats that were displayed in last weeks ATS comp ... or design your own . to foot version ... hmmm

Woody

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

You mean go outside?

There are volcanoes, earthquakes, emo kids, haarpoons, aliens, wars, tornadoes, oil slicks, hurricanes, MIB, wars, famine, muslims/jews/christians/atheists/agnostics/etc, commi-nazis, tea-makers/partiers, Romans, the antichrists (ie: people who wear beige dockers, sky blue polo shirts, baseball caps and high five each other over beer pitchers), Liverpool fans, despots, the unshowered, cat people, young republicans, yetis, hollywood types, Canadians, Phage, [insert animal] flu, superfluous nipples, comets/asteroids, people who slap a $25 exhaust on their 88 Civic and call it a sports car, John Lear, ghosts, the NWO, yukky spiders ... just to name a few.

As the ocean said to the dirt, I appreciate the sediment ... but I ain't going outside.

That had me falling off my chair with laughter.
Darn those Liverpool fans.

I really like the idea.
London I say, if it ever does go through.

It'll be a great place to meet and debate. Don't think we'll go out of line with intrepid's . of security *runs*

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

If we had name badges,some of us would have to
hide from the others.My luck, someone would key
my car!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by strangleholder1

Not only tinfoil hats,you forgot the main things,
BEER,WHISKEY,VODKA,GIN...
With me sipping on a glass of iced tea,not to be
confused with the long island variety.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

Maybe you could purchase one of the tastefully designed tinfoil hats that were displayed in last weeks ATS comp ... or design your own . to foot version ... hmmm

It saddens me to no end that my fellow ATS members aren't keeping up with the latest technological developments and fashion trends on noggin protection ... tinfoil is soooo last millennium. Get the latest in protective thought defense with TAFT already! Great for conventions and picnics.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I havent got the funds to go to another country anytime soon and i doubt there is many irish members up for a local convention, so i'll have to pass im afraid.

an i was really looking forward to seeing how the mods make people retract what they say in person, lots of atser's walking around with violation stickers stuck to their mouths
an people standing outside temporarily banned from chatting hehehe

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

It saddens me to no end that my fellow ATS members aren't keeping up with the latest technological developments and fashion trends on noggin protection ... tinfoil is soooo last millennium. Get the latest in protective thought defense with TAFT
already! Great for conventions and picnics.

Dammit SD, I feel so foolish ... high fashion was never my forte ... I knew it would come back to haunt me one day.

I can't wait to see the TAFT competition that ATS are surely going to be announcing upon hearing this news ... good grief ... I might even be tempted to purchase one for myself.

Fantastic find there.

Woody

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join