It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would there ever be an ATS convention??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Just a mad though, but seeing how this site is very much has a massive following. Has the ATS PTB ever thought or considered a live convention event???

Just wondering!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

ATS needs to go on tour, first a nationwide tour then a worldwide tour

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Yeah the ATS World tour 2012, just to say bye bye and good luck to all their loyal contributors.

You know, before the world ends! and the annuanki come, TPTB launch project bluebeam, whilst the galactic federation of light land, right after we call get carted off to the FEMA camps and become slaves to the one world government.
Which of course is the result of world wars 3, 4 and 5 the revenge!

Whaddya reckon????

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I do believe that ATS has been represented at a UFO convention out in San Francisco in the past... I am not sure if they still do that.... I have not heard anything about it in a long time...

But yeah I would love for there to be an ATS convention. There could be a meet and great so you could see the faces of the Nazi MIB robot aliens that run the website

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
are you joking? they are far to paranoid.
the government would not miss the chance to bomb them all.
or some one else!
is it paranoia when the Are out to get you?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
Just a mad though, but seeing how this site is very much has a massive following. Has the ATS PTB ever thought or considered a live convention event???

Just wondering!

That would be great wouldn't it ... can you imagine us all in one place ... and the conversations you could listen into

Woody

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I think it would be great. you could have different zones for the diffent board topics. or just mad speakers.

And invite along glenn beck and alex jones to be heckled!! hehehe

Only joking.

You could even have a prize for whoever turns up in the least convincing star trek costume. (you KNOW there would be some)

I know several online boards that have done the likes of annual meet ups or moots

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Just for a laugh, everyone could be given a red and blue jelly bean on the way in. that could be followed by a symbolic eating of the said jelly bean of choice!! hehehe

Ahh the ideas, good and bad just keep coming.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
I think it would be great. you could have different zones for the diffent board topics. or just mad speakers.

And invite along glenn beck and alex jones to be heckled!! hehehe

Only joking.

You could even have a prize for whoever turns up in the least convincing star trek costume. (you KNOW there would be some)

I know several online boards that have done the likes of annual meet ups or moots

I think I could win that fairly easily just wear a white T-Shirt and draw a really crappy pin on the right side
(My right side btw)

I would attend a convention... but then again I go to any convention I can ... well except political conventions

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Can I be in charge of security?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Why not start with a smaller concept: regional events. Easier to get to, less expensive, more conducive to a greater number of "connects".

Then, if those are successful, go for a big - all invited - uber convention. I think it would be great. Look at the WoW [World of Warcraft] conventions: huge success because people really do feel "connected" to the folk they connect up with via online only venues.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I think it would be one of the most fantastic gathering ever, altho we would need a boxing ring in the middle when so of the trolls show up

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
You mean go outside?

There are volcanoes, earthquakes, emo kids, haarpoons, aliens, wars, tornadoes, oil slicks, hurricanes, MIB, wars, famine, muslims/jews/christians/atheists/agnostics/etc, commi-nazis, tea-makers/partiers, Romans, the antichrists (ie: people who wear beige dockers, sky blue polo shirts, baseball caps and high five each other over beer pitchers), Liverpool fans, despots, the unshowered, cat people, young republicans, yetis, hollywood types, Canadians, Phage, [insert animal] flu, superfluous nipples, comets/asteroids, people who slap a $25 exhaust on their 88 Civic and call it a sports car, John Lear, ghosts, the NWO, yukky spiders ... just to name a few.

As the ocean said to the dirt, I appreciate the sediment ... but I ain't going outside.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
That would be something indeed. But It would carry a price tag.

on the level

I think it would be one of the most fantastic gathering ever, altho we would need a boxing ring in the middle when so of the trolls show up

Not only the trolls.

When Atheism meets Christianity in public.

It almost looks this bad right here on the boards.

intrepid

Can I be in charge of security?

ya You and Tribe Wilder. I feel sorry for who ever gets out of line.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by randyvs]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I would think that if an ATS convention were to be announced, the economy would get a much needed boost due to the demand for tin foil as people would need to make "going out" hats....

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Civilized grown ups avoid contentious discussions about politics and religion at social gatherings.

Springer...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

With all the respect I can muster.
I doubt very much there would be two words said between the two crews
before The SHTF.

Ex

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

I do think this is a splendid idea, and hope it does happen someday

[edit on 5/30/2010 by Ex]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
At an UFO Conference in San Jose, CA a few years ago, I had a conversation with Springer, John Lear, and other ATS Amigos (and quite a few other ATS-hangers-on") specifically about this idea.

The ATS Booth at the conference was a big hit, with interviews, photo sessions, and all sorts of activities and there was some excited chatter about the potential for ATS to put on their own conference.

Although some great ideas were shared, I don't think a consensus about doing our own emerged, other than perhaps keeping it under consideration and perhaps implement a plan for sometime in the future.

I got the feeling that most of those I talked to about this preferred, for the time being at least, to "piggy-back" off of UFO-themed events hosted by others rather than go through tremendous effort, energy, and expense to organize and produce a show of our own. Having done these kinds of events for others I can assure you it is no easy task and requires a great deal of forethought, planning, and, "seed" money - even if you expect to recover your costs through attendee registrations, sponsorships, and the like.

Another thought that carried some weight was that the Amigos in particular preferred to expand ATS participation and membership through the channels already developed and under constant refinement and improvement - the forums, media tracks, on-line revenue generators, etc.

The ATS leadership will have to chime in here, I guess - they may have further developed this line of thinking since we last spoke of it and indeed be planning events or activities we can only imagine. I hope so. They've done a great job building ATS into the top echelon of such network forums in the world - so we shouldn't second guess them.

Nevertheless, I must agree with the premise of the OP: a face-to-face setting where we can meet and converse and exchange ideas is incredibly appealing - and something that no amount of bandwidth and digital banter can ever replicate. Put it this way: John Lear was exponentially even more fascinating in person than he was as expressed in his posts here on ATS - if you can believe it. Same goes for many others with whom I was able to shake hands, swap a story or two, and clink a glass late into the night.

Of course this can go both ways: My opinion of Steven Greer changed irreversibly the other way - he sounded insincere and manipulative and, fair or not, I have since come to know regard him as Steven "Greed".

Something about looking into someones eyes when they tell you about a life-changing event. It makes a whole lot of difference if you get the impression they don't actually believe their own story themselves or if you can't shake the idea that an ulterior motive is part of their 'plan'.

Still - long story short: I would love to see something like this materialize - but don't expect a huge turnout. ATS is a community of the world and my guess is you would have far more members disappointed that they could not attend than those able to do so. WHERE would you hold such an event? New York? California? London? Choose any one venue and you'll instantly relegate a majority to the shrugs: "maybe next time near my town, eh boys?"

In any event (no pun intended) the idea is a good one. Pulling it off is something else entirely...

Cheers...

[edit on 5/30/2010 by Outrageo]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
With all the respect I can muster.
I doubt very much there would be two words said between the two crews
before The SHTF.

You would be wrong. I've been to many meet ups and as a result one of the members here that is diametrically opposed to my position on issues in almost every way is now one of my closest friends. The power of ATS.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join