It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google secretly took your wi-fi details

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Google secretly took your wi-fi details

www.dailymail.co.uk

Google was rapped by the privacy watchdog yesterday after it admitted spying on the internet habits of Britons 'by mistake'.
In an astonishing invasion of privacy, Google's Street View cars - which have roamed the UK in the last two years taking pictures of every house in the land - ' inadvertently' collected snippets of people's online activities broadcast over wireless home networks.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
How does one 'inadvertently' take such information? Well they don't! This was planned and is just another way to expand their databases of the general population.

Under the guise of offering a new product (street view) they were covertly collecting Wi-Fi details of everyone they pass.

When accused of such they initially denied it by saying they had not stored or collected data. This was a lie.

So any other explanations they offer cannot be trusted.

Organisations are only permitted to collect data for a specific purpose and for a specified time-frame.

Who said they could take the data?

For what purpose?

When will it be erased?

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
you know now im not so pissed about not having that option for my adress lol... i tried looking for my house but it wasnt on there.... sweet !!!!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by tegz_1

Might only be a matter of time.

Look at this map, street view has covered and intends to cover here and you will see that there is a correlation with this worldwide internet conectivity map here.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Add that to Google's massive list of evil.

It turns out I just tonight released a video about Google with a huge list of links showing what Google is becoming. I actually forgot to put the OP issue in my list so please do link it in my new thread:
GOOGLE GODzilla (not so far off parody video)

[edit on 31-5-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

new topics

top topics

join