It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican Warns Pedophile Priests That Hell will be Hard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

The Vatican has warned that priests who have indulged in pedophilia they will find hell tough.

Article Source

The Vatican's investigator in the church's pedophilia scandal has warned priests that child abusers would do better to stay outside the Catholic Church.

When Monsignor Charles Scicluna, the head of the Congregation of the Doctrine of the Faith, led prayers on Saturday with catholic students and seminarians, he told them that priests who abuse others instead of acting as role models would find their torment in hell less bearable if they were to remain outside the Church.

ANSA news agency reported that the Monsignor said his prayers were being said for the "victims of abuse perpetrated by men and women of the church, so that their wounds can heal and they can find true peace."

Prayers were also for priests "who have committed abuse so that they can confront in the light of the truth the consequences of their wrongs and accept the will of justice".

I think it's safe to say the Vatican is running out of scare tactics for these priests that have and continue to perform these acts on children. This latest response by the Vatican is comical to me, no offense intended mind you but

[edit on 5/30/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Is it surprising that the Catholic Church is once again using fear as a motivation for moral behavior? It has been their tactic for nearly 2000 years.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by churchhead

No not in the slightest. It just seems that it should have been followed by

"We're just sayin'
"

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
This is really funny, fear-mongers using fear to control other fear-mongers lol!

I would assume that all the pedo priest have been aware of "Hell" since they first heard of church and it didn't stop them so therefore "Hell" must not exist, Now that is something to think about.....

[edit on 30-5-2010 by strangleholder1]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
This is just a public eyewash. They issued such because of the more independent news sources these abuses are known by people much more. They want to show they are worried and committed to people. BS

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I've been working on an anti-pedophile slogan for years.

.... but it never really took off.

KIDS HAVE AIDS.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
How do you punish someone if he thinks he can get released of his sins by saying 50 rose mary's

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
As if these pedophiles' only or even main reason to join the Catholic Church was because of their faith. Yeah, the threat of Hell is not going to stop them.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
It's still a criminal offence and any kiddie fiddling clergy should face the full force of the law in this lifetime.

The whole male dominated cleric system is a breeding ground for this behaviour and goes much higher than the clergy out in the field. There was a staffer at the vatican fired recently too for procuring male prostitutes. I wonder who was getting their services?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
And, the Vatican knows what hell would be like, if there is one?

Absolutely, the silliest thing I have read on ATS for a while. I'm not pointing at you, OP, just the mere thought.

These jerks know, when they are dead, they are dead. So, nothing really to deter them from megalomaniac life choices.

Disgusting!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Absolutely, the silliest thing I have read

I would be inclined to agree with you!

top topics

join