It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO general: Taliban are training in Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

NATO general: Taliban are training in Iran

www.msnbc.msn.com

[B]Gen. Stanley McChrystal also says fight will extend long beyond July 2011[/B]

KABUL, Afghanistan - The commander of NATO and U.S. forces in Afghanistan said Sunday there is "clear evidence" that some Taliban fighters have trained in Iran.

Gen. Stanley McChrystal told reporters in the Afghan capital that Iran — Afghanistan's western neighbor — has generally assisted the Afghan government in fighting the insurgent group.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Here's the propaganda machine started in full swing.

The extension of the war past 2011. The nuclear subs off the coast of Iran.

Now the US claiming terrorist training camps in Iran.

"There is, however, clear evidence of Iranian activity — in some cases providing weaponry and training to the Taliban — that is inappropriate," he said. McChrystal said NATO forces are working to stop both the training and the weapons trafficking.

I would like to see such evidence.

~Keeper

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

I would like to see such evidence.

And then what?

McChrystal produces the evidence. Clear cut, solid gold evidence that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Taliban forces are training in Iran.

How much are you willing to bet that here on wonderful ATS, everyone will be screaming, "Fake!! Fake!!! It's all lies by the US!!"

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Yea , and I'm betting that we will also be told they have 'evidence' of WMD in Iran also .

Funny thing , the short term memory loss that most suffer from ...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by signal2noise

It depends what kind of evidence.

If it's clear up and golden then hey, who am I to say it's fake.

In my experience however, it's far too shady and vague of evidence to be considered gold though...

~Keeper

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure its true, actually, but i'm also pretty sure its being said now because war is coming.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Bearing in mind the past antipathy between the Iranian Regime and the Taliban, including the murder of Iranian officials by the Taliban, this is surprising news. If true.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by signal2noise

It depends what kind of evidence.

If it's clear up and golden then hey, who am I to say it's fake.

In my experience however, it's far too shady and vague of evidence to be considered gold though...

~Keeper

Well he's on the front line and the commanders under him who seize and detain Taliban members can probe them find out their origins. Maybe they are finding Iranian made munitions/weapons with them, or even they are actually Iranian?

Us armchair warriors have little voice in the matter, only that we can speculate as to what is fact or fiction, and it seems like we tend to speculate that everything is fiction when it comes to American matters.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Clisen33]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
I'm pretty sure its true, actually, but i'm also pretty sure its being said now because war is coming.

Not so sure on the true bit, but on the war coming soon then yes Iran has been targeted for colonisation/destruction by TPTB

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
oh really???
and Saddam Hussein had WMD too
didn't he ???

Same BS story
different orator

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

I'm pretty sure the General isn't out in the field or ever in the presense of Enemy Combatants when they are captured.

The article simply states that there is evidence than the Taliban had in Iran. Not that they were doing so right now..

Again, like the WMD somebody mentioned above, we all know how shady military intelligence can be.

I'm just not convinced, it's seems far too convenient to discuss right now.

~Keeper

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I guess you are right, we have to wait and see. What ever comes out I doubt people will take it seriously, always happens, just like the Korean issue at the moment; no one believes that the Cheonan was sunk by a NK torpedo because the U.S. helped investigate it.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Clisen33]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fang
Bearing in mind the past antipathy between the Iranian Regime and the Taliban, including the murder of Iranian officials by the Taliban, this is surprising news. If true.

Enemy of my enemy is my friend?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by signal2noise

And then what?

McChrystal produces the evidence. Clear cut, solid gold evidence that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Taliban forces are training in Iran.

How much are you willing to bet that here on wonderful ATS, everyone will be screaming, "Fake!! Fake!!! It's all lies by the US!!"

That's exactly right.
Even if they got hit by a bus they would still scream it was fake.
I wouldn't say they were in bed but if Iran can find a way to stick to the US they would do it. That includes supporting the Taliban.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

It will first have to be debated in the Bilderberg group meeting next month, but the MSM propaganda machine is in full swing. In the summer or fall this extension war could become reality.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
what im wondering is why they feel the need to tell us this in the first place. I mean, isn't Iran's nuclear 'threat' reason enough to go justify war? Is this just another attempt to pacify the average joe's grumblings.

Anyway I think some of you miht be interested in this recording outside the recent Trilateral Commision meeting in dublin. In it a russian advisor admitted a world governance with a world bank was possible, if Iran was out of the way!

heres the LINK

and here's my first attempt to embed a video...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This has been **known** for many yrs . A lot of things go on in Iran ,and around its borders .I doubt it will be seen on the news for awhile .
Its funny when they finally report obvious events as breaking news ..dunno guess they like the shock factor it brings to some ppl

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Gen. Stanley McChrystal told reporters in the Afghan capital that Iran — Afghanistan's western neighbor — has generally assisted the Afghan government in fighting the insurgent group.

Last month, McChrystal said there were indications that Taliban were training in Iran, but not very many and not in a way that it appeared it was part of an Iranian government policy.

Seems like it's not the Iranian government, rather a few taliban crossing over to train with some private sympathisers in Iran.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
HAHAHAHA What a joke, and people are really gona start to believe this BS because Iran is the new villain and any lame excuse will do to kill millions of innocent people for the safety of the Chosen Ones.

Does anyone remember before US invaded Afghanistan, the taliban wahabis and iran funded shia northern alliance were busy fighting each other?

The reason US managed to take Afghanistan soo easily was because the northern alliance were used to beat the taliban.

I suggest people to read up on Taliban/Shia history.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I'm as big of a conspiracist as the next person, however I think many of you look way to far into things. Either that or you are just anti-america which is probably the fuel for most of the "conspiracy" posts involving the US in the first place.

Now, do I think my Government is perfect? No. But I'm pretty sure there is a reason why America has it pretty damn good compared to most other places in this world. Maybe the US shouldn't try to police the world but you should try telling that to the millions living in regimes around the world where abuse is the norm, women still don't have rights and people are forced to fight for their countries or they are imprisoned. It is a very sad thing, but some times there needs to be a higher power out there doing what will be good for the world in the long run, whether you like it or not.

I hear all of this talk about the Government turning on its people but did you ever think for a second maybe you turned on your government? Don't let the few bad apples out there ruin your confidence in the good. Not every thing is a conspiracy and not every country can be left alone in the hands of a bunch of nuts until they feel they are ready to destroy their neighbors off the face of the planet.

Remember, the fastest way to destroy America and what America stands for is from the inside out. I hope there are still enough loyal Americans who still remember every thing we have been through and overcame in the past to not let that happen to us.

new topics

top topics

join