It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OIL-EATING MICROBE! Could it be the answer?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Skid Mark

They're really quite fragile creatures, and they occur naturally throughout much of the world. I don't think there would be any adverse reaction to them -- when we used them years ago to treat contaminated soil, they'd stay alive as long as we kept their fairly specific environmental conditions going. If we could keep them alive, they'd continue until they ran out of food (hydrocarbons), and then die. Their by-products are CO2 and water. They DO depleate some naturally-occuring minerals, such as carbon and phosphorus, possibly others that I can't recall.

They do require oxygen, so it's possible that they might starve an immediate body of water of some of its oxygen as well. I haven't studied their use on contaminated water.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tru_blu_dude

They have been using these microbes for the last 20 years. I don't think BP would like this idea however. The microbes safely convert the oil to dirt. BP would not be able to recoup their oil this way. All they'd have left is dirt.

In the meantime, oil continues to gush while we are forced to listen to the environmentalists whine like babies. They don't like bugs.

Here's another link. Click on CNN interview.

www.aabaco.com...

[edit on 1-6-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I have allways hope't this would be use'd. I did not know they had it yet. I pray it eats ALL the oil every where. but not... it usees oxegen? thats bad. is there a way to add more O2 on a big scale?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This idea needs more attention. CNN has not mentioned anything about this type of method. This should be used in small amount, if people are scared about side effects (even though the video states that there are none), especially on marsh lands.

Why is this topic not on the front page?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nematode
This idea needs more attention. CNN has not mentioned anything about this type of method. This should be used in small amount, if people are scared about side effects (even though the video states that there are none), especially on marsh lands.

Why is this topic not on the front page?

Maybe if we all email it to all the news outlets? I agree this should be front page also!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join