It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Motivation : No Arms, No Legs, Yet Still An Inspiration : What's Your Excuse?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I understand where you're coming from completely, BH, I do.

I try not to compare myself to others because others have had it far worse than I.

Just as others have had it far easier than I have.

We must remember though that life is what we make of it and how we live it.

A long time ago, I had a lot of hatred for not only the world, but everyone within it.

This was because of those things which pushed me down, people who berated me, and because of events within my life which made my life miserable.

I had to learn to change my perspective.

If it had not been for changing my perceptions, I would never have found ATS.

I was a "conspiracy theorist" who saw all the conspiracies and untangled them.

I have been doing that since I was a child of six years old and I thought those bastards in Washington D.C. got away with their crimes, and not knowing about places like ATS, felt I was alone in what I saw, other than the few who I spoke to.

My change of perception was beneficial to me because I saw that there were others.

I see Nick Vujicic as an inspiration to others, I need no inspiration, I have been down and out.

While never having been where Nick is or was for his reasons I can empathize with him.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

No worries.

I am usually writing more threads than I read as well.

Practicing towards writing books is what I am doing here.

Writing style, research, and a thorough understanding of the conspiracies.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
SKL, nicely written and well presented thread. Good work.

PS: For your information there was a thread about a week ago that referenced this guy and his speeches, although not by his name. Here is the link if you are interested:
LOOK @ Yourself After Watching This!

[edit on 31/5/2010 by Dark Ghost]

Thank you, but the real thanks go to those people I have referenced, they were inspirations.

I had noticed that thread's title but never actually read it.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

As I referenced before I have read many inspirational threads, but I usually focus on those uncovering the conspiracies, crimes, and collusion of Government.

And as well in writing my own threads so as to practice my writing skills.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
Often I wonder about how people can be down on themselves, or down on other people, or even how people can give up under odds that pressurize a catastrophe for their lives.

People often forget that life and that which we do with it is exactly what we see and put into it.

In other words, perspective, and how we handle our crisis situations is exactly how we affect not only our own world view, but that of those around us, and everything is affected.

Having been through many events where the catalyst was a dynamic that would crush other people, and looking back on my life, I am thankful to have had such loving parents, a quest for knowledge, and never having given up, despite the odds which were almost always against me, yet never did I buckle under the pressure of the events.

I bring all of this up not because of people like Tony Robbins, which while he is an inspirational man, and a great public speaker, nor do I bring this up because of my knowledge of politics, Government, the Art of War, or because of my own strengths of character.

But because of a man I just recently learned about, who uses his disability to inspire others.

SpartanKingLeonidas, thanks for making me aware of this marvelous young man [23 years].

What an unbelievable strong spirit he must be and what a powerful perseverance he must have, I watched all the videos and was from start to finish really flabbergasted.

What an inspirational man and also great speaker he is become despite the very unpleasant things he has as he said experienced due the years.

Therefore I really hope that he due the way he comes forward as shown in those videos is able to inspire many more people, and not only those who find oneself in a likewise position to think about themselves in a far more positive way.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

No problem.

I believe when we get down on ourselves we often forget that life is much easier.

We as citizens must remember that nothing can be so fatal as beginning down the path towards fatalism, and focusing on everything which may seem stacked against us.

Once we have begun going down the path of negativity it is often difficult to get off of that path.

While I certainly understand fatalism it should not be our focus.

Being realistic but understanding we have a choice to change our circumstances is what we should focus on, there is always another option available.

We just have to find it.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Never heard of Nick Vujacic, but he has quite an incredible story! To have so much will to persevere and survive is quite compelling. It would be easy for someone to feel sorry for themselves and give up when faced with a hopeless set of circumstances as his own, however; he continues on and makes every effort to live a normal life. Nick I salute you! He is truly an inspiration to all those who feel they have nothing to carrying on for, because they do. Life is what one makes it, it can either be sour lemons or lemonade.

As for Nelson Mandela, I have always had an admiration for the man and the struggles he endured for his nation. He is a true patriot, although it took 27 years of harsh incarceration for the people of South Africa to recognize his sacrifice, namely the Afrikaners. Reconciliation is the only way, because all that is left from piling up bodies and filling the streets with blood from violence and revenge is hate and bitterness for generations. The Clint Eastwood film, Invictus was outstanding, and I was not familiar with the story of the South African Rugby team and how their exploits on the field brought the country together during such a uncertain time post Aparteid. Awesome movie and a must see!

We are given a particular hand at birth for the poker table we call life, and it is up to us how we play those cards. We can either fold in the face of adversity or bluff it, because some hands are worse than others, and possibly win. We will never know what winning is if we don't get in the game, find our seat at the table, and play the cards we have been dealt. Great thread, SKL!!!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

That's it Jakes51, either we have sour lemons, or make lemonade.

I see the poem, "Invictus", as an inspiration itself, and that Mandela used it to keep his spirits up is something to admire, because our soul's are our own to control.

While someone may take away our body through killing us our soul is our own.

I love that poem because it speaks to the unconquered soul within us.

Invictus Poem Reading

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

That poem screams in a silent rage of defiance that no man can conquer my soul.

I certainly love and respect ATS's motto, Deny Ignorance, "Invictus" speaks louder.

If we as "conspiracy theorists" are to uncover conspiracies we must remember.

We are the sum of our action, we are unconquerable, and we will win no matter what.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Thank you for this thread, SKL. You've taught me something today and I'll try to keep it all in mind. You know I could use a more positive perspective.

Anyway, it also made me think of this Maya Angelou poem which I thought I might share here as well.

Still I Rise

You may write me down in history
With your bitter, twisted lies,
You may trod me in the very dirt
But still, like dust, I'll rise.

Does my sassiness upset you?
Why are you beset with gloom?
'Cause I walk like I've got oil wells
Pumping in my living room.

Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise.

Did you want to see me broken?
Bowed head and lowered eyes?
Shoulders falling down like teardrops.
Weakened by my soulful cries.

Does my haughtiness offend you?
Don't you take it awful hard
'Cause I laugh like I've got gold mines
Diggin' in my own back yard.

You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise.

Does my sexiness upset you?
Does it come as a surprise
That I dance like I've got diamonds
At the meeting of my thighs?

Out of the huts of history's shame
I rise
Up from a past that's rooted in pain
I rise
I'm a black ocean, leaping and wide,
Welling and swelling I bear in the tide.
Leaving behind nights of terror and fear
I rise
Into a daybreak that's wondrously clear
I rise
Bringing the gifts that my ancestors gave,
I am the dream and the hope of the slave.
I rise
I rise
I rise.

[edit on 6/4/2010 by eMachine]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I remember a day that I was taking a city bus to work. My car was in the shop. I hated my job. I sat there unhappy. Downtown, the bus stopped, and a blind girl got on with her dog. She sat on the right, at the very front, and proceeded to talk with the driver. I watched her, and noticed that she was smiling, happy, BLIND. Snap! I realized that I had no excuse to be unhappy.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by eMachine

Absolutely beautiful.

Yes, we are in control of our perspective, for each of it works differently.

We are either seeing things through rose-colored glasses or pragmatic viewpoints.

Just because life has crappy moments does not mean we cannot change our perspective.

reply to post by Lazarus Short

Perspective is everything.

Why do you think the Government uses propaganda?

To change our perspective of the events, albeit on a larger scale, over a populace.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
If someone with that disability being that happy, truly is a miracle. If he can see life with joy like that then why can't we who are noral cannot. We are too worried about the negativity and all the struggles around us rather than what is in front of us and what truly makes us happy. We are dominated by fear rather than passion. We do not believe in ourselves and let everything get to us. Use him as an example and be grateful for what you can do rather than what you think you never will. Im scared too, but were scared for different reasons, Im scared of what I wont become and your scared for what i could become. I wont let myself in where i started, i wont let myself finish where i began. I know what is within me even if you cant see it yet. I have something more important than courage, i have patience. I will become what I know i am. Unleash the power within to make something of yourself.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ovadrive

Thank you.

Perspective is everything.

And we must remember that.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
At least he still has his balls.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor