It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Admin is Out of Their F-ing Minds

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, ASScroft (et.al) have lost their f-ing minds. They believe they are above the law. They can do whatever they please, according to their warped view on governence. These men should be impeached and tried for war crimes. Every last despicable one of them. Considering what they've done to a multitude of people, I think they should be handed over to the Iraqi people, thrown into Abu Ghraib, themselves and guarded by Iraqi prisoners. They'd be reduced to the cowering little bitches they truly are.

Asscroft got slapped around good testifying.

U.S.'s Ashcroft Won't Release or Discuss Torture Memo (Update2)
June 8 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. Attorney General John Ashcroft, warned that he might be risking a contempt citation from Congress, told lawmakers he won't release or discuss memoranda that news reports say offered justification for torturing suspected terrorists.
quote.bloomberg.com... fer=us

New Evidence Prison Torture Was Approved at Top Levels

Jim Lobe

WASHINGTON, Jun 7 (IPS) - A classified Pentagon report, providing a series of legal arguments apparently intended to justify abuses and torture against detainees, appears to undermine public assurances by senior U.S. officials, including President George W. Bush, that the military would never resort to such practices in the ''war on terrorism''.

Short excerpts of the report, which was drafted by Defence Department lawyers, were published in the Wall Street Journal Monday. The text asserts, among other things, that the president, in his position as commander-in-chief, has virtually unlimited power to wage war, even in violation of U.S. law and international treaties.
www.ipsnews.net...

The most disgusting aspect is that these cretins claim to be Christians. God save us from your followers.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Good to have you back ECK. I thought for sure you had booked a one way to Guantanamo.

As for the fate of this thread, it's not looking good. If the posters can stick to the topic it might avoid the Mudpit.

But I think you're about to get flamed. Maybe you could tone it down a notch or two yourself in the future, or just start opening these in the Pit to save time.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Funny, it is good to see him again. And bush is nutty.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Thanks, Rant. Good to be back. It's been a very busy couple of months since the Aboo Ghra-ooobie episode, as Bush would call it. Cringe. I can't believe I ever voted for that bozo!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
representatives and have them find Asscrack in contemp of congress and then we can have him removed from office.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Mark my words,, Bush will be in office for another four.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
representatives and have them find Asscrack in contemp of congress and then we can have him removed from office.

AMEN TO THAT!

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
More on this...

Bush the Would-Be Torturer
Marjorie Cohn
t r u t h o u t | Perspective

Wednesday 09 June 2004

In a classified report prepared for Donald Rumsfeld in early 2003, a working group of lawyers appointed by the Defense Department's general counsel, William J. Haynes II, advised that Bush is not bound to follow United States laws that prohibit torture. Government agents who torture under orders from Bush won't be successfully prosecuted, according to the report, which is scheduled to be declassified in 2013.

Never mind that the United States ratified the Convention Against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment, which makes it part of the supreme law of the land under our Constitution. Never mind that this treaty specifies that torture is never permitted, even in times of war. Never mind that Congress implemented this treaty by enacting a Torture Statute providing for 20 years, life in prison or, even the death penalty when the victim dies, for U.S. soldiers or civilians who engage in torture. And never mind that torture constitutes a war crime, for which our officials can be punished.

The Bush administration lawyers have created their own jurisprudence, which effectively holds the president is not bound to follow the law.
www.truthout.org...

All Americans should be outraged by this idiocy and hubris.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
efer=us[/url]
The text asserts, among other things, that the president, in his position as commander-in-chief, has virtually unlimited power to wage war, even in violation of U.S. law and international treaties.

ECK, it's over here too. P.M. John Howard is yet to address this issue, (Geneva Conv')
Sorry the link's 2days old...
www.abc.net.au...

Sanc'.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I'm wondering when people wise up and start finding the true sources of power
rather than attacking the puppets and tools of the system.

It's like beating on the junkyard dog and when the lot owner is the one playing the games.

Here's a clue of what real power is and who pulls the strings on capital hill:

I don't get it, how come people can't see past the obvious???

Is it easier to grab onto the bones fed to you by the media to find they are empty illusions,
and yet you still persist the next bone may have merit.

Plato would say most of you are still looking at the shadows upon the cave walls...

[edit on 9-6-2004 by Regenmacher]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
I wondering when people wise up and start finding the true sources of power rather than attacking the puppets and tools.

It's like beating on the junkyard dog and when the lot owner is the one playing the games.

Indeed. In a world gone mad........

Check this thread out....

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I'll take that bet... I bet he won't be.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
What can you expect from a President that rob the election and all the people that works for him in my eyes are not more legit that the person that appointed them.

An for Assoft. He is a poppet, his only purpose is to cover bushes behind and to make sure that bushes law is serve.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I'm betting he'll be relying on another 'terra' attack to pull his chestnuts out of the fire. I don't see how he could actually get re-elected at this point without scaring the shyte out of everyone.

Thanks for the links. Sanctum, do you think Howard's gonna go down because of his involvement?

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
I'll take that bet... I bet he won't be.

I'm sure he will be. I could be wrong. The government is corrupt whether people want to admit that or not. They try to cover up everything they do, but the general public finds out about it then makes excuses as to why it's ok. Remember it's not who casts the votes it's who counts them.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
You keep beating that "prisoner abuse" scandal, people do not care about the so called torture of Iraqi's, other than they believe the people those responsible should be handled by the Law. Your flogging a dead horse, Bush will get re-elected and all this whining is for naught.

Compare getting you head wacked off to pictures of some idiot female with a cigerette dangling out of her mouth and pointing at some Iraqi guys dick. The whole thing is total bs. The good thing about it shows we actually do something about law breakers, where as, the other side doesn't even have laws, let alone follow them.

Variable

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Thanks for the links. Sanctum, do you think Howard's gonna go down because of his involvement?

ECK, isn't it funny how the 'Coalition of the willing', now face the same Q/A at
the same time, by their own Senates!!??
Senate committee refuses to make military lawyer to testify
www.abc.net.au...
Synchronism? I think so.
edit: "The December 24 letter said the US Army took the legal view that "where absolute military security so requires, security internees will not obtain full Geneva Convention protection".
www.abc.net.au...
Full transcript at bottom of link
Sanc'.

[edit on 9-6-2004 by sanctum]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum

ECK, isn't it funny how the 'Coalition of the willing', now face the same Q/A at
the same time, by their own Senates!!??
www.abc.net.au...
Synchronism? I think so.

Sanc'.

Yep. And, at least here, so far, they're getting off way too light.

Bush and his crew should be impeached and tried for war crimes. Oh yeah, and whoever it was that outted CIA NOC Valerie Plame should get the death penalty or life in Leavenworth.

WAR CRIMES

1. George W. Bush ordered a War of Aggression against Iraq. This constitutes a Crime Against Peace - for which Nazi leaders were prosecuted at the Nuremberg Trials - and violates the UN Charter.

Iraq never attacked the US or threatened an attack, so the US was not acting legally in self-defense, which is permitted under the UN Charter.
Iraq played no role in the September 11, 2001 attack on the US and never provided material support to any terrorist group that attacked the US, so even the non-legal Bush doctrine of pre-emptive attack did not apply.
At the time of the US attack, Iraq was nearing full compliance with UN Resolution 1441 and prior resolutions requiring disarmament, and the majority of the Security Council believed UN inspectors should be given more time, so the US was not enforcing UN resolutions, as it claims.
George W. Bush ordered the invasion of Iraq in order to bring about a regime change, which was never authorized by a UN resolution, and violates the UN Charter.
A Crime Against Peace is defined as "planning, preparation, initiation or waging of a war of aggression, or a war in violation of international treaties, agreements or assurances, or participation in a common plan or conspiracy for the accomplishment of any of the foregoing." By invading Iraq, Bush has committed a Crime Against Peace.

2. George W. Bush ordered the bombing of civilian areas like Baghdad (with 5 million innocent civilians) and Basra. This resulted in the deaths of hundreds of non-combatants, in violation of Geneva Convention (IV) Relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War, August 12, 1949.

Article 3(1): The following acts are and shall remain prohibited at any time and in any place whatsoever with respect to [non-combatants]: (a) violence to life and person, in particular murder of all kinds, mutilation, cruel treatment and torture.
The independent Web site IraqBodyCount.org is documenting each Iraqi civilian death, based on reports from at least two mainstream Western media organizations (AP, Reuters, CNN, etc.)

The photos below depict some of the war crimes involving the bombing of civilian areas.

"Shock and Awe" bombing of Baghdad
Bombing victim - Basra Bombing victim

3. As Commander-in-Chief, George W. Bush is ultimately responsible for the torture and murder of Iraqi prisoners, which resulted from policies that were approved at the highest levels of his administration, including Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld and White House Counsel Alberto Gonzales. This policies were adopted with full knowledge that they could result in war crimes, which persuaded Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee to urge Attorney General John Ashcroft to appoint a special prosecutor.

The photos below depict some of the war crimes involving the torture and murder of Iraqi prisoners. These are the "milder" photos - the most horrific photos of torture and rape have only been seen by Congress.

To punish these crimes - and, of equal importance, to prevent future crimes - we call upon all responsible US and international bodies to indict, convict, and punish George W. Bush for his War Crimes, along with everyone who participated in those crimes.
democrats.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Thanks again for the links, Sanctum.

Originally posted by sanctum
[quote

www.abc.net.au...
Synchronism? I think so.
edit: "The December 24 letter said the US Army took the legal view that "where absolute military security so requires, security internees will not obtain full Geneva Convention protection".
www.abc.net.au...
Full transcript at bottom of link
Sanc'.

[edit on 9-6-2004 by sanctum]

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
I don't get it, how come people can't see past the obvious???

Is it easier to grab onto the bones fed to you by the media to find they are empty illusions,
and yet you still persist the next bone may have merit.

[edit on 9-6-2004 by Regenmacher]

Because the majority of the people in the United States only want to except the simplist explanation and then move on with their busy lives. This implies to everything from the JFK assasination, UFO's and aliens and to 9/11. Even if the event doesn't make sense they'd rather have the government explain it to them than try to figure it out themselves because it's the governments job. So they believe them. How typical is that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join