It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear, Hate and the Power of Love

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Fear is the basis of Hatred and is utilized to keep us divided as well as functioning as a catalyst in the inciting of all of our wars.

People have remained divided and territorial since the beginning of time.
It is a very fundamental behaviour of animals in general.

For Example:
My Dogs bark at any other strange dogs that come near their yard in order to keep them away from their own yard/territory.

Much of what we see here on ATS is the conditioning of the masses of the US population for War. People are afraid, and afraid of everything.

They are afraid of terrorists, they are afraid of president Obama, who might be a muslim and/or afraid that he might even be a communist.

People are conditioned to be afraid.

Those making the decisions in the CFR and Trilateral Commission are well aware of this fundamental human emotion and throughout history have exploited it to the fullest.

If one researches the history of all of our wars, they generally all began without support of the general population.

But by using some event and instilling hatred, the population turned their fear and hatred towards a common enemy.

This is exactly what the NAZI's used upon the German people in the 1930's.

I recently posted this quote by Hermann Goering in a recent thread.

“Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.”

So much of what we are experiencing here on ATS by many of the contributor's negativity and hate are the resulting effects of this age old psy-op to keep us divided and battling one another.

That is why I always try to continue to advocate the truth in what we promote here on ATS.

And also by not promoting the same old message of hate by which we are brainwashed into believing so that they may continue to profit on our hatred of others.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by nh_ee]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravykraken
an inspiring post, yes. but something about it doesn't escape me and that is that love has been known to do harm as well.

love has been known to be a purveyor of hate.

it can make one as blind to truth as does fear.

the passions aroused by love can be dangerous.

it is NOT the perfect emotion. there aren't any of those.

you can't love everyone. anyone that says they do is a liar. the same goes for forgiveness.

hate, love, fear, the strongest of emotions rarely act alone. theres always an accomplice. one cannot love, hate, or fear if they do not care. so in caring deeply for anything or anyone, any of these three emotions can come into play at any time.

it is easy to hate anything that goes against what you love. since we are not omniscient there will always be something to instill fear, that which remains unknown.

unless you are somehow superior to or set apart from the rest of the human race, you are afraid of something.

changing that is asking humanity to alter it's nature. zebras and tigers can't do it. change their stripes that is... the same may not be true for humanity, but it's just an observation.

Interesting point of view...
When you descripe love, you descripe it as a emotion, a product of our emotional/astral body, a reaction on the environment....
From that perspective I think you are right, that kind of love can be just as destructive as hate, agression or fear.
That, imho, is a description of a personal love, a separated emotion that disconnects us of the true flow of the Universe, an emotion we all know... we love and we wants to control in the same breath.
I think the kind of love that the OP is talking about, is a more universel kind of love, not an emotion but a nature force, a rhytm that unite and dissolves separation, fear and loneliness...
Imho it is a force that we are all able to connect with, these days more and more people ´get connected´ with that kind of love, which you could also call wisdom or universal compassion or whatever seems right to you.
Again that is just my humble opinion

[edit on 31-5-2010 by laffoe]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I am impressed by your eloquence and your humanity.

It is a pleasure to find one such as yourself on this site.
Your words of wisdom show me who you are.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by laffoe

i see little difference, if any, between the personal and cosmic levels of love. if you want to be spiritual about it then it's really all the same right? otherwise it would be called something else.

you get back what you put in, i get it.

not everyone is spiritually oriented. i would venture to say that most aren't. in my experience i hear many more claim it than are able to actually perceive it. and often just as an excuse to explain why they have no religion or other devout practice.

most people, i would imagine, identify with love-hate-fear on a personal level, that is why i speak of it plainly. i do not pretend to know or comprehend the true nature of the cosmos or that which influences it. stating otherwise would seem to be a declaration of ignorance and an exercise in futility.

i'm not trying to seep negativity into the thread or throw low vibes in any way.

"choosing love" is still polarization is it not? it still becomes "us and them", the lovers vs. the haters. it can't be both egalitarian and elitist.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I just want to post to give you support, I have recently seen the light as they say

"Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged"

As I understand it, the true meaning of this teaching of Jesus (Yeshua?) is basically what you have outlined in your thread.

When you judge people you have to lower yourself to their vibration to conceive their point of view. And as we all know from the Law of Attraction what you put out is what you get back, so by putting out these low vibrations of judgement you will attract back a low vibration situation to yourself ie bad things will happen to you.

Example. going to ground zero and accusing the administration of an inside job will get you into an argument, fight, or jail.

Example 2. Starting a Peace Seminar in a Forest with the purpose of discussing a possible diplomatic solution to world peace. You will attract much nicer people to you.

Hope this makes sense to people, If people understood the nature of reality they would stop all this fighting pretty rapidly I should imagine.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Hi Skyfloating,

Thank you for sharing this thread.

Excellent message!

Star & Flag

LOVE CAN CHANGE THE WORLD!

Best Wishes!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Niccawhois
Hatred, fear, jealousy and rage are very valid and natural human emotions that have evolved to be beneficial to the survival of the species that posses them...

In the meantime, (no pun intended) I will continue to use all emotions to my advantage and refrain from labeling people with an alternative world view..
weak and stupid

Harbouring negative vibes weakens your immune system - giving you a reason to harbour even more negative vibes. You can call BS all you want this is even familiar to doctors and nurses.

Your worldview is not as "alternative" as you think it is - 99% of humanity shares it.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravykraken
love has been known to be a purveyor of hate.

it can make one as blind to truth as does fear.

If you define "love" as the "possesive love", that insanity of "having a crush on someone" then maybe so.

But not so with the unconditional kindness being referred to here

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

So much of what we are experiencing here on ATS by many of the contributor's negativity and hate are the resulting effects of this age old psy-op to keep us divided and battling one another.

Psyops indeed. Where expressing rage takes priority to extending care, and where protesting in anger takes priority to offering solutions

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by redzi0n

When you judge people you have to lower yourself to their vibration to conceive their point of view.

Example 2. Starting a Peace Seminar in a Forest with the purpose of discussing a possible diplomatic solution to world peace. You will attract much nicer people to you.

Precisely. It is the most important but also the most missed teaching of the ages.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
synchronize rhythms fluxuating within the constant stream of awareness~

harmonize bioenergetic field in resonance with all-that-is~

open heart and mind to connect with source~

choose LOVE~

∞LOVE∞

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I most definatley agree,I have learned a few things about love that have brought me to great realization and understanding of the world and i wish to share it with my fellow atsers,love is something that we all have and that no man can take away,you can always make more love, and it can never run out,love is the biggest renewable free energy source in the world, and your love for one thing or one person dose not have to contradict your love for someone or something else,this love is also not just confined to that of spouses and partners, but it is to be shared and embraced by each of us we are all brothers whether we like it or not, the ones who do not realize this now will see but only after it is too late for them.you are all complete strangers to me but i love you all for we are condrads and one day we might have to fight as brothers in arms against the loveless tyrants. PEACE,LOVE AND HAPPINESS FOR THE GREATER GOOD !

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
While living in a society that likes to commercialize all genuine feelings, doesn't that create a massive obstacle? Because it seems to me that we live in a world where genuine, positive emotion, is reduced to a passing phase.

Some people like to say, "Humans are naturally hateful, deceitful, and violent."

They like to say that I'm weird for wanting to see any change in that. That I should just accept that what will be ... will be.

But to them I say ... if the majority of the world is like you ... and the world is in shambles ... then the blame rests on you for seeing the problem and not doing anything to change it.

People like to believe that Love won't change the world. But how has Hate changed the world for the better?

-----

I like to believe that in the universe ... the most appropriate choice is Love. Love which stands for life, progression, longevity, evolution, infinity.

Hate is unnecessary. Hate which stands for destruction, death, hostility, lack of progression and really ... a deterrent to the processes of expansion.

The truest good is not that which DESTROYS. The truest good is that which is considerate of others and their decisions, however poor they may have been, and strives to inform them (without forcing them) to admit their folly and do better.

The only good that destroys is good that is not strong enough to employ these methods of conversion.

-----

Unfortunately, this is an extremely difficult thing to employ, and really ... only the strongest of us can employ it.

But I think we'll get there soon.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SentientBeyondDesign
While living in a society that likes to commercialize all genuine feelings, doesn't that create a massive obstacle? Because it seems to me that we live in a world where genuine, positive emotion, is reduced to a passing phase.

Many wont "get" what is meant by "love" because its an over-used term. Marketeers have exploited the heck out of it.

Thats why you have some responses in here indicating that this love might be an illusion or a weakness or a crutch or some other such nonsense - because Hollywood too turned it into some sappy concept.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Wonderful thread Skyfloating thank you.

Studying all things Earth involves close examination of its dark and light aspects. Historically repeating patterns of control agendas incorporating who runs the planet and why?

The hardest part for many is being able to detach emotions from research.

However, I believe the time now is to cease focus on the negatives you already know these and start mass concentration via collective thinking to make things happen in the positive. Love and altruism are the keys but not egocentric love that most are familiar with.

I will pass your post along, again thank you

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by WHOS READY

I am sorry you took it the wrong way, I was speaking about myself.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

Fear is the basis of Hatred and is utilized to keep us divided as well as functioning as a catalyst in the inciting of all of our wars.

Fear of a neighboring tribe or warring faction or nation will cause a rational thinking being to plan for what scares them the most! The Great Wall of China was built in order to protect the various dynasties from raids by Mongol, Turkic, and other nomadic tribes coming from areas in modern-day Mongolia and Manchuria.

The Manhattan project was a response to Albert Einsteins fear that Nazi Germany would develop such a weapon first!

My point is, Humans have emotions for a reason! There may be some that you prefer over others, but they are no less valid! I could sit here and detail more positive outcomes from the other so called negative emotions
but I would rather leave that to you the reader to ponder.

Many on here are trying to diminish the value of some, in favor of others for the sole purpose of proclaiming their own superiority!

Why not promote balancing all your emotions! Balance works well in nature! When your car tires are balanced, it makes for a much smother ride!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Niccawhois

My point is, Humans have emotions for a reason!

That is the point I was trying to make, even love is a survival instinct.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niccawhois

Many on here are trying to diminish the value of some, in favor of others for the sole purpose of proclaiming their own superiority!

Why not promote balancing all your emotions! Balance works well in nature! When your car tires are balanced, it makes for a much smother ride!

The imbalance is alreay given by having unconditional love make up 0.01% of the worlds Emotion and negativity make up 99%.

In promoting Positivity I AM promoting more of a balance.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Fear arises when Love stops short of infinity.-Adi Da

What is Love? Love is not a what,it is the Energy of the Universe.-Alan Watts

It is written in the Upanishads that as soon as there is an other, as soon as an other is noticed there is fear.

People may take up some spiritual practice. They may try to be more loving, but IN MOST CASES this is all done as a form of gratification of Narcissus. Narcissus the Ego Self remains. It does not want to make the ultimate sacrifice of itself, NOR IS IT CAPABLE of that sacrifice. So even if the spiritual stuff is True, it cannot be lived. The fear remains as long as there is Ego.

www.beezone.com...
The Bodily Center of Self-Realization and God-Communion

A free rendering of the Mahanarayana Upanishad,3 section thirteen, verses six through twelve, by Bubba Free John

That which is Infinite, Eternal, and Unchanging is also Perfect Consciousness, the true Self. The ocean of experience is ended There. All seeking is satisfied only in That. Only This is the very Happiness of the World.

The true Self is Awake in your own heart. Consciousness Radiates from the heart, which is shaped much like the bud of a flower, but upside down, with the broad part above and the narrow part below.

One must be Awakened to this Truth: The Radiant Self, in which the entire World arises, has its locus in the heart, in the body of Man, below the throat and above the navel.

The heart is indeed very much like the bud of a flower, for it is surrounded and supported by the arteries and nerves, just as a flower bud is surrounded and supported by the various parts of the living plant.

In the midst of the heart there is a narrow space. Within the narrow space, the true Self Radiates the Light and Life of the body, the mind, and the World.

There in the narrow space is the Great Eternal Radiance, the Energy of Infinite Consciousness, Shining in all directions. It is the Current of Life in the body, which Radiates from toe to crown. Therefore, Life pervades the body, providing a natural heat, and the powers of every function.

In the core of that Radiant Life is the Shining Center, the atom, most subtle. It may be seen by inner vision, golden and amazingly Bright. It stands out like a flash of lightning in a dark and rain-filled cloud. And yet it seems no larger than a grain of rice, slender and subtle as the edge of a flame.

The Divine Person, the Radiant Self, the Truth, the Real, God, the Source and Master of the body-mind and the World is There, in the Radiant Center of the heart. That One is Realized to be Absolute Consciousness and Eternal Life, the Brightness that Over-whelms the World.

3. The Upanishads ("wisdom heard while sitting at the feet of the Teacher") are the classical philosophical teachings of the Hindus and the earliest philosophical compositions of the world. They are considered the distillation of the highest, most supreme wisdom of the ancient or Vedic period of Indian civilization.

The Mahanarayana Upanishad (literally, "the wisdom heard at the feet of the Supreme Lord of the World") was one of the latest discovered, but possibly one of the earliest written (perhaps between 800 and 600 B.C.). Bubba Free John considers it one of the principal Upanishads, because of its full description of the location of the soul in the heart and the esoteric relationship between the heart and the Divine Soul, or the Transcendental Reality. (Such was the most ancient view of the relationship between the body-mind of Man and the Living God of the World.) It is also one of the most devotional of the Upanishadic texts, expressing the attitude of loving and grateful self-sacrifice to God.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join