It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear, Hate and the Power of Love

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

LOVE IS THE LAW OF THE SACRIFICE OF THE SELF. God is Love.
The ordinary person experiences love as a pain in the heart.
Being converted or 'born again' the spiritual person feels
love as fullness/bliss in the heart chakra.

But few people are ever able to master the heart chakra.
Few people ever have a completely open heart chakra.

Even fewer go beyond to the fifth chakra.

So you can talk about it but in reality you cant do it.
Those who can are very rare. One in a billion.
So whats the point?

Bubba Free John

THE WAY THAT I TEACH - Talks on the Intuition of Eternal Life

Chapter 9

Love Is the Sacrifice of Man

BUBBA: The import of the Spiritual Master is not that he comes into the world and is love, or that God independent of man is love. The import of the Spiritual Master and the Divine Communication is that you, and every being, must be love. Every being must fulfill the Law, regardless of his or her past. It does not make any difference how difficult it is for you. The Law remains the Law. The Law is unobstructed feeling-attention under all conditions and in all relations to Infinity. If you are obstructed in feeling and attention, you fail to fulfill the Law. That is why you suffer, and why you stop growing.

Until now you have adapted in complicated ways to the three lowest stages of the development of the whole body - the physical, the emotional-sexual, and the mental. But the structural destiny of mankind is to move into the fourth stage of life, wherein the heart, the psychic core of the being, truly awakens. All religions are basically about the awakening of the heart, the function of love. This is the essential idealism of humanity in our time. Nevertheless, human beings now are developing casually, realizing only the subhuman stages of life. We become human only when we awaken at the heart. We are spiritual then, God-conscious only then. Thus, profound Divine Communion, the fully spiritual initiation of the Way of Divine Ignorance, begins in the fourth stage of life.

Until you are living as the awakened heart, every last one of you feels that you have been separated from the Source, your link to life, your food line. It is not that when you were a dependent baby your parents stopped feeding you. You, for whatever reason, recoiled from the source of food. Though you may not now remember it, you consciously chose to cut yourself off from relations, to contract as unlove rather than to live openly in relationship under all conditions. Perhaps, in your childish need to survive, such an action was necessary. But you are not a child anymore. I am here to tell you that you are always connected to the true food Source through love, through unobstructed feeling-attention via the functions in which you are presently awake. That is the Law. We are fed through the spine from the heart, in all directions, when we are love. When we are not, then we are cut off from the food Source, and in our relations we cut everybody else off from it too. When you love, you are connected with the food Source on which the whole body-being depends. It radiates to you, in you, around you, and as you most especially.

You must become love. And you must enjoy integrated responsibility for the whole of the lower life, if you are to continue to grow into the psychic dimensions and into the Light itself. Therefore, you must accept the discipline of the Law of love, or sacrifice, and bypass completely all of your old and loveless ways. To love is not a matter of self-denial, which is self-directed effort, concerned for the so- called sinfulness of your lower life. Love is the transformation of self through Divine Communion, through pleasure, the inherent Bliss of the body-being when it is feeling to Infinity. No matter how difficult it is - because you can still sympathize mightily with these old tendencies - you must enter into the heartfelt enjoyment of the Divine Reality, and be its agent.

The Way of Divine Ignorance is the Way through and beyond illusions, not the way of accumulating illusions through a subjective orientation to appearances. Love is disillusionment, or freedom from recoil and modification, subject and object, under all conditions. Hear this, and turn from inner, reactive concerns to Radiance in all relations. At last this Radiance, which is perfect Ignorance, overcomes or dissolves all reflexes of birth, inwardness, concern, and self. Even every loved one is consumed at last in that Radiance of our own loving and direct awareness of them, so that the immortal Beloved, the very Real, the undifferentiated and formless Current of Bliss, stands where only encounters were before.

Bubba Free John The Paradox of Instruction

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
100 bucks says you say more negative things about yourself and the outside world than you say good. I know I do.

No actually. If you remain aware of that it doesnt happen.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
While he is watching his words aroiund me, he is way to old, to not think it.

Thats another generation. They are becoming extinct. They cant be changed, just loved.

Is it right to demand political correctness? No, because even if people change their manner of speach, they will still think the same way they do.

I'm tired of beating my head against the wall. Some people willl never change, even if love is there.

What hating people lack is love. So instead of trying to change them, you extend care and kindness - which can actually have a changing effect on them.

Bestowing "political correctness" will mostly strengthen their resolve not to change.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Booker’s
Your equating love with acceptance is the downfall of your philosophy. Evil has long hidden itself as love, and love has long been perverted into acceptance in order to protect evil. Without discrimination and an absolute rejection of fraud, deception, corruption and cowardice, there is no love - there's only the New Age gilding of a turd.

Nobody is mentioning giving up discrimination and inspection. Thats only in your mind - some kind of prejudice you hold towards "new agers". In fact, the OP does mention exposing evil. But that evil can be exposed without falling into the same.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I recently watched Avatar again a

As I was watching the movie, a heavy sadness came over me as I thought how very different modern-day people are from those who lived here before we came (to the US) and I asked myself, "What happened to us"? What has happened to turn us into the hateful, selfish, fearful, controlling, disrespectful and dishonoring people that we have become? I almost started a thread about it but didn't know if I could verbalize it well.

But I like your question. What if we ALL just DECIDED to stop being controlled by hatred and fear?

The sadness and antagonism you have regarding "modern society" is also detrimental to Love, imo.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ethericplane
taoist maxim: He who keeps fighting his enemy, becomes his enemy.

Just Excellent. What I needed an entire post to describe is said in one sentence here.

That said, Love is not an emotion; it is the highest wisdom and evolution you can bring to each situation. That is your love, and that is enough.

True.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   

How can you control someone who loves you? haha
They do not need you, they love you. They do not fear you, they love you.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

Thanks for sharing, including your account about cancer.

Im sure most who go on and on about "Love is all you need" are, despite good intentions, still not aware of how powerful it is as a specific energy-ray of healing, creation and eradication of evil.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
To the left of me stands a person who rejects Love as "spiritual mumbo-jumbo", to the right of me stands a person who rejects love as "weakness". I extend kindness to both those people.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

i'm sorry you felt the need to get on your high horse. the post wasn't aimed at you, i was trying to shed a little light on andy1033's bit of darkness he's experiencing.
like i said, lifes nuts, i know how messed up things are, i dont need some spotty little teenager reminding me of his ego. leave it out.

peace out

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
The only thing that you can do to preserve yourself intact, is to realize that, yes, the elite are out to depopulate and push us into Nazi Germany, yes, the government is waiting with fema death camps to incinerate you, yes the church pastors have been deluded and distracted from alerting the sheep from the uphevel that is upon us, but to still realize that God is benevolent and wants good things for you, and for the rest of your fellow man. Sometimes the evil is allowed because it allows you to chose the good. But don't lie for them, don't help them. So many people in pre Nazi Germany didn't know what hit them. We need to know what is hitting us.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
But I like your question. What if we ALL just DECIDED to stop being controlled by hatred and fear? What if we realized that what other people do with their lives is THEIR business and not mine? What if we accepted them for the choices they make? What if we loved them even though we disagree with them? Can we fathom how much better the world would be? It's hard to imagine.

This is something that we HAVE to do to survive. Bitterness will consume your whole life if you let it. But it's good to figure things out. To understand what is making you bitter. If you are in denial, if you are living under lies, you can only be confused and bitter. You can arbitrarily say that you forgive everyone, even though you don't understand them, but if you come to understand them it is much easier and more genuine. But you still don't condone evil.
This is what made psychotherapy popular in the days before drugs. People wanted to get to the truth. There are lies that we are living under as a people. There are evil people pulling the strings with super-evil intentions. They have powerful weapons. HAARP is one of them. They need to be routed. Justice needs to be brought back. Our country suffered a coup in 1963 and we've been living a lie ever since. We can't seem to overthrow the lie so we just live in bitterness.
A part of the source of the bitterness and lack of belief in the goodness of our fellow man is a myth planted by the elite. Take the aftermath of the Haiti earthquake as an example. People after a natural disaster tend to be helpful and heroic. Even hardened criminals will help people out. This is something you will find people saying after disaster after disaster. But the lie was that the crazed Haitians were dangerous and had to be controlled by the military. Rescuers were told to leave by the military, leaving people to possibly die in the rubble because of "safety" concerns. That irked them. They wanted to risk their lives to help their fellow man but the US military wouldn't let them. People were denied water like in Katrina and left to suffer for "safety" concerns. People are not like that. If there were marauders running around attacking people after this disaster, where did they come from? The US military controlled everything. In Jaurez the police would be a block away from where marauders would be killing people. The CIA controls the drug world. Did the CIA import marauders into Haiti to murder people to pretend they were killed in the quake? This isn't so far out considering what is going on in Mexico and seems to be spreading to Texas Do you trust your government? Your government that is run by the CIA and controlled by ex-Nazi criminals who didn't happen to get outed because they were too high up with the FED. It's good to keep yourself from being consumed in evil, but the evil is still there and people need to know about it in order to get it stopped.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by m khan]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Im going to have to call bull# on this!

Do you want to be weak and stupid? If not, shift your focus away from the enemy and invest your time and attention in solutions, betterment, beauty, work, help, support, virtue, creativity, positivity, peace, prosperity. Expose evil, yes, but dont dwell on it, dont develop a hatred towards it or fear of it. Analyse it with a cool eye but dont get sucked to the same level as it.

Would you rather the Allies had just called Hitler a "Bad Man" then went about their days planting flowers for all the dead Jews?

Hatred, fear, jealousy and rage are very valid and natural human emotions that have evolved to be beneficial to the survival of the species that posses them...

You can focus on love, peace, and make hoity toity threads like this and pretend that you are some superior, higher reasoning being if it makes you feel better about yourself.

In the meantime, (no pun intended) I will continue to use all emotions to my advantage and refrain from labeling people with an alternative world view..

weak and stupid

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Wise words OP
Instead of focusing on our differencies and disagreements, let us all try to look for what unites us, and gives us a common ground for seeking the happiness of everyone...
Using both the light of our minds, the love of our hearts and the power of our will...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
The sadness and antagonism you have regarding "modern society" is also detrimental to Love, imo.

I think you misinterpreted my post. I don't carry sadness around. I feel it fully and let it go. The sadness I felt while watching the movie was temporary. I don't think we can or should avoid emotions, even those that are considered by many to be "negative".

I also do not feel antagonistic about people. I'm not sure where you got that. I was making an observation about many people in today's society. I actually feel quite hopeful. One of my beliefs is that Love, the act of Love, is the most powerful energy in the Universe. It is ALWAYS stronger than hatred and fear.

I notice I tend to use the pronoun "we" when speaking of mankind or "us" and you tend to use the term "you". Maybe that contributes to the misunderstanding. But in any case, I'm not sad and certainly not antagonistic. I go through periods of sadness, along with other emotions, but never hang on to them for long. My normal state is content.

Just to clarify.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Oh, it sounded kind of like the "Im so sad about the mean old world" kind of thing. I misunderstood that.

I feel sadness, anger, hate, fear too but like you, of corse not as a predominant way of life

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
This thread has spurred my personal awakening by quantum leaps.

So many areas of my personal animosity seem childish. The more I consider the "outside world" a construct of my consciousness, the more I realize I have choices to eliminate evil in my life.

I wish I could be more eloquent but all I can do is offer examples.

Until today, I believed the US had to stop Mexicans from pouring across the border until I thought of this.

I used to resent the Rockafellers. I thought the only reason the decendants of JD Rockafeller, who has long since died, are rich is due to their birth circumstances.

What right do they have to untold billions when they did nothing to earn it directly?

The same argument can be made by Mexicans. Imagine how their lives would be different if they were born a couple hundred miles north, in some cases, 1 mile north.

How many Mexicans harbor resentments towards me just because I happened to be born in the U.S.A?

My resentment towards the blue-blooded, filthy rich are not only pathetic, but misguided.

The financial hardships I have experienced in my life are relative. I should be, and am now truly grateful for the problems I have been forced to confront. Each has spurred growth. Each has provided me the chance to choose between "good and bad" decisions.

I am convinced I chose my life's circumstances, or the setting for my life's "dream" before I was ever born.

Thanks to the OP. The quality of my life has increased immeasurably now that I have realized I don't have to be sucked in to the negative threads.

I choose love. It us that easy for me and its working.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333
The more I consider the "outside world" a construct of my consciousness, the more I realize I have choices to eliminate evil in my life.

I wish I could be more eloquent but all I can do is offer examples.

In my opinion, your post couldn't have been more eloquent! Very well-said!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333
I used to resent the Rockafellers. I thought the only reason the decendants of JD Rockafeller, who has long since died, are rich is due to their birth circumstances.

What right do they have to untold billions when they did nothing to earn it directly?

The same argument can be made by Mexicans. Imagine how their lives would be different if they were born a couple hundred miles north, in some cases, 1 mile north.

That is incredibly insightful and open hearted -- thank you.

Whether the analogy is 'right' or not is irrelevant. The point is that the aspirations of compassion should transcend such ego-driven metrics. Well done.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
an inspiring post, yes. but something about it doesn't escape me and that is that love has been known to do harm as well.

love has been known to be a purveyor of hate.

it can make one as blind to truth as does fear.

the passions aroused by love can be dangerous.

it is NOT the perfect emotion. there aren't any of those.

you can't love everyone. anyone that says they do is a liar. the same goes for forgiveness.

hate, love, fear, the strongest of emotions rarely act alone. theres always an accomplice. one cannot love, hate, or fear if they do not care. so in caring deeply for anything or anyone, any of these three emotions can come into play at any time.

it is easy to hate anything that goes against what you love. since we are not omniscient there will always be something to instill fear, that which remains unknown.

unless you are somehow superior to or set apart from the rest of the human race, you are afraid of something.

changing that is asking humanity to alter it's nature. zebras and tigers can't do it. change their stripes that is... the same may not be true for humanity, but it's just an observation.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join