It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear, Hate and the Power of Love

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by little_green_man
A little bit of hatred and fear is necessary in life

Fear yes I agree but in my eyes hatred is an acid, and it might seem to aid digestion in the context of interactions with others that have caused you pain or real harm but before you know it if you live a life of hate you will end up devoured and it is always difficult to come back from that!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeJaguar67

A little bit of hatred and fear is necessary in life

Fear yes I agree but in my eyes hatred is an acid, and it might seem to aid digestion in the context of interactions with others that have caused you pain or real harm but before you know it if you live a life of hate you will end up devoured and it is always difficult to come back from that!

That's why I said 'a little bit'

Nobody's talking about living a life of hatred

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Your equating love with acceptance is the downfall of your philosophy. Evil has long hidden itself as love, and love has long been perverted into acceptance in order to protect evil. Without discrimination and an absolute rejection of fraud, deception, corruption and cowardice, there is no love - there's only the New Age gilding of a turd.

Memorial Day weekend honors those who fought, killed and died fighting evil so that others might live. Their efforts did not lack love - they were the most ferocious kind of love, the most profound. That's why Jesus said, "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." (John 15:13).

We have become a nation of cowards hiding behind a perversion of love that protects evil. Those who refuse to speak the truth, rape love. Those who refuse to become angry when anger is aprropriate to reject evil, rape love. Those who would turn into mindless collective followers - or worse, get others to do so - because midlessly accepting everything and everyone with a smile on your face, as you are herded over the cliff, is "less stressful," will never find peace.

Life is hard, and it is a struggle to stand for the truth. The very freedom to sit around and preach that people should give up that struggle in the name of love, was created by those who fought and died to enable such philosophizing. And if they hadn't fought, there would be no protected space for philosophy.

I'm sick of cowards hijacking love. People who preach love, love, love actually are threatening hate and destruction through Political Correctness for anyone who doesn't obey their command to be cowardly. It's time people woke up and say trhough all the promises of unicorns and rainbows, and smacked back the soft corruption of cowardice in the name of love, and slavery in the name of peace.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
1. All that hates gonna burn you up inside, boy. 2. It keeps me warm at night.
C thomas Howell response to Powers Boothe Red Dawn.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

That's why I said 'a little bit'

Nobody's talking about living a life of hatred

Perhaps I should have left out the "life of hatred " because it diluted my point.

Even a little bit of hatred is not going to be of any benefit and even a little hatred is to pander to the worst side of our nature. A life of hate is of course highly destructive and a little bit of hatred is the thin end of the wedge because if you are not careful it will grow because hate is like that.

Hate destroys everything it touches and hatred never brought anything good to anything so a little bit of hate is not good in my opinion but it is your life you live it as you will.

However hate is hate, quantity therefore in my opinion is irrelevant!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

excellent thread, Skyfloating!

i repeat this often, because it bears repeating, whenever the opportunity arises:

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

the words of a truly gentle soul, Jimi Hendrix.

to all readers of this thread:
Skyfloating speaks the absolute truth! if you question whether or not TRUTH truly exists, it does.
in the form of LOVE

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

I see your point completely, I see and understand your perspective but it is not the same as mine.
I appreciate your long answers to my questions, you write well my friend. I am not bound by dogma, the energy created by love is not a concept I agree with you there but! the understanding of what it signifies is man-made.
Not everything worth-while is love, isn't everything you suffered just as significant?

All I'm saying is there are other ways of thinking, for me love is just one of the many emotions that mold me. Love is not the end prize of my journey through the spiritual.....

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Booker’s

Memorial Day weekend honors those who fought, killed and died fighting evil so that others might live. Their efforts did not lack love - they were the most ferocious kind of love, the most profound.

Actually I was thinking along those lines.

"Evil exists because good men do nothing."

Love is hard to define at times.

Love or the desire to protect a loved one is a powerful instinct, I am somewhat of a passive person, but when it comes to defending friends or family I become aggressive.

Fear too is a natural survival instinct, it is all about survival, I formed that conclusion a long time ago.

Even the emotion of what one thinks is love, is ruled by natural instinct for survival.

But control is the major problem, people don't want to relinquish control.

That's another story.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by strangleholder1

Thank you for your kind response and I wrote a long post to you because I was motivated by your words that found a resonance with me to respond in depth. I am very happy that you took my response it in the spirit that it was given with no malice on my part.

Respects

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
taoist maxim: He who keeps fighting his enemy, becomes his enemy.

That said, Love is not an emotion; it is the highest wisdom and evolution you can bring to each situation. That is your love, and that is enough.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
you become what you hate

'One impulse from a vernal wood
may teach you more of man,
of moral good and evil
than all the sages can

William Wordsworth

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Too right, but i am still here, and they wanted to turn my life into a bigger hell than they made it.

For me there is no such thing as love and never will be, and thx to them society deserves all the scum it has.

the snowball will continue till i die, but heck the scum in society will also only get worse, so who is worse off.

Its a true saying, you only know who your friends are when things are bad, and i certainly found out.

But the op is right, but your wasting your time on that love thing, as like the saying goes "its easier to destroy than create", and society love to destroy.

exactly your still here dude, still playing the game, you still have lessons to learn , things to overcome, its lives and learns bruv.

we've all got our little bit to figure out, our issues to deal with, at the end of the day sh*t happens, it happens to the best of us, learn from it and experience it, be a better man.

its not about your friends and if their being dickheads its about you and your journey, and that journey has bought you here, you know who your mates are, result, on with the mission.

i really do think things hasppen for a reason, truth is stranger than fiction n all that, lifes friggin nuts bruv!

if your constantly thinking that persons arse hole, he's scum, she's a bitch raa raa ra then your going to attract that sort of thing, go out do things differently, try new experiences, you are a creator.

checkoutwe create the Love

also, its not 100% accurate but its worth a read dialogue with hidden_hand

chin up and rock on

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by WHOS READY

The lessons we seek to teach others, are the ones we need to learn our-self.

I have a long way to go.

Instead of preaching it, live it.

[edit on 083131p://bSunday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Something incredible happened to me in January of this year. I was in a dead end job, going deeper into debt each month, working 75 hours per week for a boss who hated me.

I complained about him to anybody who would listen. I started reading all the doom and gloom threads. I started storing food and ammo.

Physically I was getting sicker. I had two cancerous spots on my head and was just hopong the end of the world would get here before I lost my house and wife.

Then I read about the Law of Attraction and started using the power of positive thinking.

It became very clear to me when someone suggested I approach life with the idea that every other soul on earth is simply a projection of my consciousness.

Life is like a lucid dream. If you practice, and come to believe you have absolute control, you will be amazed how much power you have over EVERYTHING.

Negative, hateful people have been inserted into my reality to play roles. I have come to appreciate them for helping learn lessons.

As soon as I no longer need them, they are gone. As I have awoken to this fact, my life has done a 180 degree turn, including the cancer.

This is the secret certain people don't want us to know. I am convinced the people who "agreed" to play the roles of villians, forgot why they are in my dream.

They have fallen in love with the temporary power hatred and evil can bring. They are desperate to hang on to their power by spreading fear and hatred.

I have taken that power away from them by thanking them for playing that role in my dream and praying they "wake up" before they harm themselves.

Love is more powerful than hatred.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I agree and will say that I find most of the topics in certain categories tend to have posts that expect things to get much worse. On the oil spill ones, for instance, I read quite a few that got into specific proposals of how awful it would be and how people would die. It makes me appreciate the local news' more straight-forward approach. You'd never hear them say "wait until it gets to shore. a bush fire could lite it up and ravage the entire coast!"

I find it to be very draining and need a break also from the bickering and arguing back and forth, with the !!! and all caps.

Great thread to see made.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
And in adding a contribution to this thread . . .

Each one of you is a perfect creation of divine Love

05/30/2010 by John Smallman

"As the divine plan for humanity and Planet Earth continues to unfold, every one of you is doing your part, as you all agreed to do. When you observe the illusory reality you have built for yourselves, and all the suffering and disharmony that is occurring within it, remind yourselves that by focusing your attention on what is wrong with it you are supporting it, and all the wrongs you see therein. Without your focused attention and support the illusion will disintegrate.

So many of you have become aware that the apparent reality in which you are experiencing life is an illusion, nevertheless it still fascinates you and succeeds in attracting a large percentage of your attention. You do know that Reality, All That Exists, is contained within God Who is limitless, that there is nowhere else apart from Him, and that within Him is infinite divine harmony, peace and Love.

The disharmony and the suffering that you see and experience are the effects of your combined imaginations that build and support the illusion, as you focus your attention there. Your task is to focus on the Love on which your existence depends, by opening your hearts to receive It abundantly, and by allowing It to flow freely through you. As you do this you will realize that every one else is also enveloped in this divine energy field, and that it flows through them as it does through you.

Once this knowing starts to permeate your awareness what you see as wrong, unacceptable, and threatening in others will begin to dissolve as the light of Love in them, which is who they really are, becomes apparent to you. Their unpleasant aspects, on which you previously focused your attention, will be seen for what they are — calls for love and acceptance — just like aspects of yourself with which you are not terribly enamored, but which you may have used in self defense.

The way forward is to cease using defensive behavior in response to perceived attack, and to cease attacking those you perceive as wrong or threatening. You know from experience that this behavior encourages similar behavior in retaliation, and both parties end up feeling unfairly treated, and bearing grudges.

Each one of you is a perfect creation of divine Love, so allow the light of that Love within you to direct all your thoughts, words, and actions. Truly this is what you all want, otherwise you would not pray for world peace. World peace will occur, but you have to bring it about by being peaceful, not by defending peace. That truly is an oxymoron.

The first time you make the decision not to defend yourself when attacked and act on that decision is the most difficult. But as it becomes a habit it becomes easier, and brings you increasing inner peace. It is a decision to forgive instead of to react, and it results in your personal energy field becoming peaceful. Everyone has an energy field, and its natural state is one of loving kindness, but when you are fearful or anxious your field becomes distorted and unstable, and others feel it and adjust their fields accordingly. This occurs mostly below the level of conscious awareness, but as you practice being peaceful you will find your awareness of energy fields strengthens.

When you are peaceful so is your energy field which encourages the energy fields of others to resonate with it, spreading peace like ripples on a pond. Be peaceful, share your peace, cause world peace to occur, and allow the illusion to fade away."

John Smallman

Yeh, yeh - I know some will throw "stones" but if these messages touch one heart, the bruises will be worth it.

Peace to all ~

Oh and as in "being attacked" I'm taking it not to mean "physically" of course we must defend ourselves, family and others if in physical danger.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by lel1111]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

That is beautiful!! It's good to see people putting this in action and finding it to be true. It was your time. Thanks so much for posting this

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Here is what I did and what happened. It was suggested to me that I pick a fantastic level of income that I would be happy with and believe that when it happened, I would share my wealth.

I reapeated every day: "I want to triple my income, I want to help my wife publish her book and get a patent for my invention."

I had no idea how the income would manifest except perhaps my employer would buy my patent. Instead my boss got me fired.

I kept repeating the affirmation. Out of nowhere, a friend got me a job selling heating and air conditioning. This week, I made three times my old salary in 2 days.

My wife found an artist by chance who agreed to do the illustrations for her book for future payment.

Today, I love my old boss who just last month, I hated.

At times, it was very difficult to believe I had any control over my life. I resented my newborn baby for the financial hardship.

No sooner did I have that negative thought, did he come down with a rare blood disorder, ITP, that nearly killed him. The stress turned my wife into a target of my anger. We nearly got divorced.

Intuitively, I knew his illness was directly related to my thoughts. Today, he is perfectly happy. I also spent the day at an amusement park with my wife and kids.

There are many, many more examples. Yesterday my oldest daughter played in a championship soccer tourney. Her opponents were the only undefeated team in the league.
That team had beaten my daughter's team badly twice this season including yesterday.

I showed up for the final and told everybody our team would win. I got a lot of rolled eyes.

They won after OT by 2 penalty kicks.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
My dad has been rather sour and negative lately (last few months).

Suprise suprise he came into the kitchen today informing me he needs a finger operation, his back is playing up and that he's short on breath like his lungs are taking a dive.

I just said keep positive, it's the best healing you can get

edit:And the opposite side to a story like this, well.. relationship issues hit me many years back between me and my ex, I wished the guy that had caused it would die... and he did. How the hell do you think that made me feel! Always think of the consequences of your thoughts and energy which we radiate every second.

[edit on 30/5/10 by GhostR1der]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (English Standard Version)

4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by dusty1]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join