It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear, Hate and the Power of Love

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by strangleholder1
If we all were honest with each other, aren't you just being nice because you believe it will benefit you in the afterlife?

As mentioned in the OP it benefits you in this life.

You worry about us not feeling "the whole spectrum" when only 0.0001% of our lives are Love. Only increasing that amount to 1% would change everything.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by strangleholder1

Which is hardly true because the Love referred to here is hardly felt by anyone most of the time.

Claiming that "it doesnt matter what you feel" is part of the BS Programming.

Those "powers that be" are afraid of people starting to have more energy and aliveness after having overcome fear.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Skyfloating]

Are you implying that you have overcome fear?

The true meaning of overcoming fear is to live without needing the crutch of having a belief in the spiritual.....

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

The true meaning of overcoming fear is to live without needing the crutch of having a belief in the spiritual.....

If you discount the spiritual you view love as "just chemistry" rather than a beam of energy flowing from unblocked chakras.

Poor people dont even know what chakras are because of anti-spiritual education in school.

So they run around completely blocked in their chest and stomach, unable to feel the vibe.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Fear being natural, it is not overcome. Instead one is either controlled by it or able to handle it when it occurs. Being controlled by fear is where a human becomes a slave.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

If you discount the spiritual you view love as "just chemistry" rather than a beam of energy flowing from unblocked chakras.

Poor people dont even know what chakras are because of anti-spiritual education in school.

So they run around completely blocked in their chest and stomach, unable to feel the vibe.

I understand all about chakras and energy my friend, my point is that to know true freedom you must relinquish your belief that you need to have your chakras open. If you are REALLY! free of fear then stop meditating, stop using your awareness. It is only a crutch to help you...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Much needed thread. With all the seemingly endless threads of end of times scenerios due to all the craziness go on in the world right now we need to look within ourselves for insight. We may not be able to make sense of what goes on around us but we can learn how to react to it in a more positive and spiritual way.

I guess its human nature to play the blame game but it does get out of hand when posts go on the offensive and bashing takes over. Personally I love the threads that show all the good things in the world we tend to overlook like the nature and animal pictures.

Thanks for the nice thread. Hopefully we'll all take a deep breath before we type for now on....

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

If you are REALLY! free of fear then stop meditating, stop using your awareness. It is only a crutch to help you...

Give that message and 90% turn chaotic or apathetic. Its like kicking the crutches off people who havent even learned to walk with crutches yet. They are still crawling.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Ah! but there's the rub my friend, use a crutch for too long and the individual forgets how to walk un-aided.....

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Excellent post and spot on.

The only hope for this world is for love to become supreme in the lives of each individual.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The Selfish Gene (memes, memetics) (1976), the evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins used the term meme to describe a unit of human cultural transmission analogous to the gene, arguing that replication also happens in culture, albeit in a different sense. In his book, Dawkins contended that the meme is a unit of information residing in the brain and is the mutating replicator in human cultural evolution. It is a pattern that can influence its surroundings – that is, it has causal agency – and can propagate.

Mind Viruses that are instilled beginning around the age of 2 that forms the ego

I am what I have
I am what other people think of me
I am what I do
I am my job
I am my salary
I am separate from what is missing in my life
I am separate from others
I am separate from God

It is pushed not only by the media but by those around us, friends, families, co-workers, education etc.

I'm not sure if there is a way of operating from true love without some kind of divine intervention and help. You may say and think you have love to give but do you really? Another part of love that's just as difficult is that of receiving it.

100 bucks says you say more negative things about yourself and the outside world than you say good. I know I do.

Lao Tze
Tao De Jing

Also
Tao Te Ching
Lao Tzu
THE WAY

is probably a good start to begin with.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

What you’re talking about will fall on the deaf ears of those who are too consumed by their lower inclinations, but will still be a mysterious hard-reaching dream for every single human being on this planet. So you’re draining your bleeding heart, hippie reverie and nothing concrete in reality. I agree with half your post though. Ever wonder how those who fumed with rage on the net just switch back to being a loving spouse, family member, friend, and citizen offline? The point of blaming something or someone is supposed to be about denouncing what’s wrong. Those who are promoting bloodshed in other better the situation of the “people” are the most questionable. Where are they gonna find that loving energy to make a better world free of government afterwards? Cause they are still going to have to face the source of the problems. Even though the world is becoming globalized because of technology, it’s getting more difficult to keep it peaceful and unified because it’s more prevalent to divide. What is starting to be a terrifying is when some so-called truth-seekers start to give love away to what they think is the enemy. As soon as someone or something is (genuinely) trying to unify the people so they can relate to each other, the globalist accusations, witch-hunting ensue, thus keeping the vicious circle rolling.

However there’s a problem with qualifying love with power because it seems that the power of negativity is much more ruthless but love is Essential. Maybe the virulent negativity plaguing our current world is the sign of the end of era. It would make a lot of sense. Unfortunately, what I personally believe is that this world wasn’t meant for true love; that it all the hate and wars will finally consumed it just because it has an end. Love can’t survive where there’s: greed, fear and envy

S+F for trying to point out something many seem to miss.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Exv8densez]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I second that! I’m finding it more and more difficult to keep the love alive as time goes by. Yet when you get to the end of the rode, where everything mounts to destruction, you start to realize that you can’t do life without love, but you can’t keep love with hate.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Exv8densez]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by churchhead

Yeah but that will be a "DICTATORSHIP". Don't forget the free will to hate.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I have to agree with your premiss. But, you won't get a lot of people to agree with you. Sometimes hate is a learned pattern. Take for instance, me. I married a man, who grew up in the south, and who has issues, or so he thinks, with black people.

He now heistates when he uses the "N" word around me, but frankly, he is conditioned to use it. That is what his parents used, and I also hear his grandkids using it, and this is 2010.

While he is watching his words aroiund me, he is way to old, to not think it.l

Is it right to demand political correctness? No, because even if people change their manner of speach, they will still think the same way they do.

I'm tired of beating my head against the wall. Some people willl never change, even if love is there.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
Can you fathom how much better this world would be if we could all just incorporate a little more understanding, empathy and love into our day to day lives?

I recently watched Avatar again and I was struck with how much the Na'vi reminded me of some of my ancestors, Native Americans. They honored Nature, each other and life, in whatever form. They loved, they were thankful and they respected the beauty of their world, and their place in it. They saw the big picture and recognized their place in it. It's a beautiful thing.

As I was watching the movie, a heavy sadness came over me as I thought how very different modern-day people are from those who lived here before we came (to the US) and I asked myself, "What happened to us"? What has happened to turn us into the hateful, selfish, fearful, controlling, disrespectful and dishonoring people that we have become? I almost started a thread about it but didn't know if I could verbalize it well.

But I like your question. What if we ALL just DECIDED to stop being controlled by hatred and fear? What if we realized that what other people do with their lives is THEIR business and not mine? What if we accepted them for the choices they make? What if we loved them even though we disagree with them? Can we fathom how much better the world would be? It's hard to imagine.

I learned something once that stuck in my mind and while I try to remember it and follow it, sometimes I fail. But it always comes back to me. And that is that my purpose here is to ADD to the fabric of good will that exists in the world instead of taking from it.

[edit on 5/30/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by strangleholder1 It ain't weird how we all have to "feel love" and send out positive energies etc to be happy. Says who? what do you think will be waiting for you when you die, puppys and cakes filled with candles that display how much you loved and became one with everyone?

Firstly right up until recently I was an atheist but from being a member here and from my own personal journey into my own mind/ego via years of deep introspective meditation I have come to the conclusion that there is much more to life than just being flesh and that there is another life that consists of pure energy going on that is bound to this fleshy vessel and it means something of vital importance to everyone even those that have no idea that it is there. Just because someone believes it does not exist does not means it does not exists it just means they have no idea it is there – yet. For most of my adult life I have tried to do better and to try to see the better side of humans that travel with me but of course it is hard to do so when so many humans will shaft you and nail you to a door if it suited their purposes at the time to do so.

I do not know what happens after death but I have experienced some things during several events that had me facing death or at the very least being maimed. Therefore I have some theories that for now I will keep to myself but I am now sure that the mindset of an atheist blinds him or her to a hidden realm that exists alongside this one and is intrinsically related to this one and probably a countless other realities/realms.

Without dwelling upon the details I had to contend with humans attempting to take my life and had to undergo the trauma of accepting that my attempts to fight back were not going to work, I was outgunned and outnumbered and I was looking death straight in the face with a level of hate you do not want to know, ever!

I failed and found myself waking up to a body that was broken and would remain broken for years to come. I was paralysed down my right side and It took years of relentless near hopeless hard work to recover and for all that I had to kiss my military career goodbye which was not an easy thing to say goodbye to as my family tradition and background is/was military.

Even then I knew it could have been worse and at least I stood a chance of getting better. I shared a ward with a man who had been shot through the head, a hole in the side of his head big enough to fit a can of Coka Cola in (I hated it when he did that) and his mind was shattered, and every night screaming for someone...

The point I am making is that to face such murderous intent caused me years of extremely self destructive anger and bitterness, thoughts of suicide, fear and paranoia with much deeper psychological problems that involved loud noises, crowds and groups of strange men. However now that I have grown and come out the other side as a reborn person (not religious) I feel no bitterness to the men that tried and very nearly succeeded in murdering me and I know for a certainty that I could sit in a room with any one of them and honestly shake their hand because I think it is harder but better to give up things that eat the soul and bitterness from painful past memories tends to eat you alive and cause others close to you to suffer in the present.

I am happier and more relaxed and after travelling the way I have and coming to understand the nature of karma I realise that I would gain much more to give forgiveness and to move on rather than perpetuate the mechanism of hate that works in the way of passing on a contagious disease.

In my world I choose to see hate and bitterness as a kind of game and to associate that game as being nasty and of no overall benefit to anyone. The stakes of the game are much more expensive than losing the worst game of poker in Vegas and considering I do not gamble – I no longer play the game.

Originally posted by strangleholder1 Look through the lies people, it doesn't matter if you love or hate. They are just concepts made up by man for reasons of control.

I do not believe for one instant that love or hate was created as a concept by men to keep men under control. Hate is something so incredibly debased and so regressive to our deeper spiritual nature that it could not have been created as a part of social programming even by the most ingenious and warped mind.

As for love, how could anyone have ever created love? Love is that thing we can never touch but that which touches us with something so positively powerful that it warms the spirit, blows the mind wide open. Love is what keeps me alive not food, not water but the love of my wife and my daughters, my friends and with love comes hope of a better time. Sure food and water sustains the body but love sustains my energy and spurs my karma to new heights. Love is everything and no conceptualisation could ever have given rise to it because to me the meaning of love is esoteric and beyond comprehension in any explainable terms.

Love is therefore many things but a concept it most certainly is not!

Originally posted by strangleholder1 Do whatever you want THAT! is spiritual free will. If we all were honest with each other, aren't you just being nice because you believe it will benefit you in the afterlife?

People who pretend to be nice cannot fight their true nature permanently or sanity and the ability to hold on to it might become an obvious problem that manifests itself in countless ways that screams psychological damage because you must be what you are and yes you may act nice but if you are not nice then you will pay a heavy price at some point in psychological terms because the only person you are fooling is yourself but the conscious you not the unconscious = bad energy and risk of illness.

You can deny that and I assume you will and that is fine of course but I have personal experience of this when I was ill and heartsick and I have seen the effects of negative thinking in others and when negative thinking is used as part of living life and used to help make life choices and thought processes then life can turn into a very real nightmare. It is already easy to turn a life into a nightmare it is therefore a shame that many fall into this trap without even trying to avoid it – as if they never saw it coming.

Therefore it is not about playing nice but being who you are and if you happen to be negative then as a human soul you do have the choice in changing for the better by recognising the defect in karma and rectifying the defect with effective meditation and the introspective insights that can be gained for this course of action.

Originally posted by strangleholder1 Isn't then EVERYTHING! you do tainted with self-interest and therefore a negative? You are missing out if you live by only one emotion, the others are just as valid for spiritual growth. You are just love extremists, blanking the rest of the spectrum of emotion. This ultimately stilfles and blinkers your life experience...

You could have a point but not if you point that accusation at me because with respect I have no agendas whatsoever when it comes to people. I like to be treated as a human being and I like to treat others in the same way.

I do many things in my life that benefits others and I take no money for it.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I will not mention what it is I do because there is no need other than to tell you that there are altruistically minded people out there who do good things for and with others not because they are thinking about their own souls and the chances that if there is a god then to do good will be to curry favour with him. People who act in such ways I agree could be construed as actors and players to be considered with contempt but that is not me and I act altruistically toward others because that is now the way I am.

I require no payment other than a smile and a thank-you every now and then and only because a smile or a thank you is an acknowledgment that I am not one of the eaters and feeders but someone who would rather do something that makes another smile than someone who revels in causing a frown or a look of fear. I am still human therefore I like to be acknowledged for effort especially if I am not being paid for it.

Life is good but lived in a world that is sad because the world is the way it is but I am content to know that my karma is healthy and getting healthier.

When I die I will go wherever it is life energy goes and other than wonder where it is we go I do not make any prejudgment's or have misguided and assumed preconceptions as to the destination my energy will fly off to. I hope it is a good place but if it is oblivion then that is just as good and even if I knew for a fact that sentience ceased forever once death comes then I would still live and think the way I do because I prefer to see a smile on a face rather than tears - at my expense.

Sorry if I rambled. Sometimes I cannot help it but I rambled to you because I wished to tell you genuinely that not every person acts as a decent human being because they are looking for some sort of gain at a later point – some people just like to help others out if they can because it is wrong not to

[edit on 30-5-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
A little bit of hatred and fear is necessary in life

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

[

Acknowledging a spiritual life and an enjoyment of meditation is not a crutch as I see it but something that brings a better understanding of what drives us, what that something that drives us is and even gives us answers to many questions that one might ask of your inner self.

Rather then I see a belief that there is a powerful hidden spiritual side to us as being something that can make us much happier as a species because it is the dogma of organised religion and its strict adherence to another interpretation that causes guilt and fear in my opinion.

It is not a crutch to meditate and find a use in regular meditation, things that aid a deeper understanding of self, ego and ones place in nature is not a crutch in any manner as I see it.

And there is no need to overcome fear but rather to welcome it as a sense of keeping the body and mind from harm. Fear is good and productive when acknowledged for what it is can only be a tool that aids long life but not if you give full flight to fear and let it rule, rather than be ruled.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

The thing is that the moment you look at what others are doing wrong you are setting yourself up for anger...which will eventually, if upkept for a long time, turn into hate.

The power lies in maintaining a positive vibe no matter what others say or do. Otherwise they win.

Otherwise they infuse you with their darkness.

"Hate the Haters" doesnt work.

This is one of the best reminders ever...

Don't let them win....

"the best revenge is being happy and successful"..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join