It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solution: Eliminate all taxes / allow unlimited govt spending

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom or Death

Originally posted by Three Legs

So you are saying that if we use fusion, geothermal, wind power, etc.. they will just build themselves for free and distribute electric across a grid that needs no maintenece for free.

Also, a hydroponics growing facility that will just build itself and grow us food for free? Really?

De-Salinization plants buid themselves for free and distribute water for free with no maintenence or expense?

... do you think those pieces of equiptment will come free of charge?

Of course not.

It is an idealistic vision of the future.

Co-operation would be necessary

What vision for our collective future do you see being implemented right now?

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Freedom or Death]

of course it's idealism...the logical details are what brings it back to reality.

actually i think your post is still meant as sarcasm, and is a simple way to find out who takes you seriously.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom or Death

Why I'd love to have my government take less than the 35% that it already takes from me, allowing them to spend whatever they want without generating any revenue is just plain Crazy. Imagine how impossible it would be to do: They would just keep on printing more and more money eventually making a loaf a bread cost a million dollars. Just so you get some perspective: April 2008

The rate of inflation is rising at a staggering rate and has reached 100,000 per cent. A loaf of bread now costs 16 million Zimbabwe dollars. In January, the Zimbabwe government issued a 10 million currency note, this week they introduced a new 50 million dollar bill which is equivalent to $1.25 USD on the black market (officially it is worth $1,666 USD).

Wonder how much the bread costs now........

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
Eh, I'd rather see government spending tied to the GDP, so if the economy is good they can spend more, if the economy sucks then they would have to improve it before they could spend more. Too bad that wont ever happen...

There are so many things wrong with almost everything everyone has said, I will address that soon. In the mean time I am going to give a simple lesson in macroeconomics.

Y = C + I + G + NX

For those of you who don't know, this equation means that GDP is Consumption (what people spend money on) plus Investment (residential and nonresidential) plus GOVERNMENT SPENDING plus Net Exports.

It's hard to for government spending to be anymore tied to GDP. It is also worth noting that GDP is usually not the best measure of economic well-being.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion

People will argue against you because they think they will suffer.

Fear of the unknown.

Fear that things will be worse and not better afterwards.

Yes I do beleive that you are correct. And this I believe is the real reason for the depression. Make the currect state of affairs so bad that people will accept change, any change at all.

So the real question is what will the change be?

The war is close to home now. There is news from the front.

Some fear that it will be bad news.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Freedom or Death]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by Freedom or Death

Originally posted by Three Legs

So you are saying that if we use fusion, geothermal, wind power, etc.. they will just build themselves for free and distribute electric across a grid that needs no maintenece for free.

Also, a hydroponics growing facility that will just build itself and grow us food for free? Really?

De-Salinization plants buid themselves for free and distribute water for free with no maintenence or expense?

... do you think those pieces of equiptment will come free of charge?

Of course not.

It is an idealistic vision of the future.

Co-operation would be necessary

What vision for our collective future do you see being implemented right now?

of course it's idealism...the logical details are what brings it back to reality.

actually i think your post is still meant as sarcasm, and is a simple way to find out who takes you seriously.

Don't you think this vision can be accomplished jimmy?

Humanity is just too divided to make it a reality.

We have the technology but not the combined willpower to make it a reality.

This is the reason for the war.

I heard just a few days ago that the war is over. I'm afraid that is not entirely accurate.

The war is comming home.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Freedom or Death]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

... allowing them to spend whatever they want without generating any revenue is just plain Crazy. Imagine how impossible it would be to do: They would just keep on printing more and more money ...

Why must they collect revenue?

They could never collect enough revenue to repay all of the money that they have created, therefore continuing to collect revenue on an unpayable debt is the definition of madness.

Did not Jesus pay the debt in full by giving his life?

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Freedom or Death]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join