It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solution: Eliminate all taxes / allow unlimited govt spending

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by helltick

The govt should be 1/10 the size it is

There was a time when common sense prevailed

-Big oil wants our business, than they can build and maintain our roads at their expense.

-35% taxation to anyone keeping\hiding money in offshore accounts.
-35% taxation to anyone leaving the country with their fortunes.

Nationalization of excessive real estate, industrial and multi-national corporate holdings.

Confiscation of excessive assets judged to not be benificial to the greater good or the nation.

Monitor all internal and external communications amongst the ultra rich investment and trust fund class.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Freedom or Death]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Are some of you people really listening to yourselves or just typing whatever comes to mind and not paying a lick of attention?

Nationalization of excessive real estate, industrial and multi-national corporate holdings.

Confiscation of excessive assets judged to not be benificial to the greater good or the nation.

Monitor all internal and external communications amongst the ultra rich investment and trust fund class.

So under this concept of how things should be if I had more land than someone else thinks I should have it would be seized, if I made more money than I was supposed to (again decided by someone else) then the government steps in and seizes my money. This doesn't sound anything like utopia to me but rather some hybrid communist/fascist concept where people are deprived of things they have paid for and earned by jackbooted thugs because some central committee or whatever decided they had too much.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

So under this concept of how things should be if I had more land than someone else thinks I should have it would be seized, if I made more money than I was supposed to (again decided by someone else) then the government steps in and seizes my money. This doesn't sound anything like utopia to me but rather some hybrid communist/fascist concept where people are deprived of things they have paid for and earned by jackbooted thugs because some central committee or whatever decided they had too much.

Pretty much...thats why you should get liquid now, while you still can before the govt does come and seize everything in your utopian world.
It wouldn't be the first time.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by helltick]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helig

This doesn't sound anything like utopia to me but rather some hybrid communist/fascist concept where people are deprived of things they have paid for and earned by jackbooted thugs because some central committee or whatever decided they had too much.

How is this any different than how corporate robber barons and thier supporters have stolen and corrupted America's vison and destiny.

IN case you haven't noticed the ultra-rich and thier supporters are not the friends of America.

They are the enemy.

They are terrorists intent on destroying everything that America has ever fought and stood for.

They are the ones stiffling growth and taking away freedom.

They only care about hoarding more and more and more, using every decptive trick in the book.

Really to be fair though America is under attack from many directions.

We are at war on many fronts.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom or Death

Its different because it would stifle the economy; there is no way I would bother to invent or create something in such a environment where I was assured to be robbed of my hard earned money from making something and I'm sure many others would follow suit. You realize that you are advocating the same heavy-handed methods that you decry in the supposedly evil rich people right?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helig

You realize that you are advocating the same heavy-handed methods that you decry in the supposedly evil rich people right?

Fight fire with fire

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e6d10c36b439.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a3ab84e0c5d2.png[/atsimg]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Anyone with any sense that invented or created Anything would have it built in Chindia...so it really doesn't help our economy anyway.

Many others have followed suit...and had their product designed and built in Chindia (China \ India) where labor is 2$ per day.

Perhaps your some kind of hero...will pay a union guy for the design, build, and distribution of the said product...but i doubt it.

I wouldn't say evil rich...rather greedy rich.
Way to much greed in this world!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by helltick

Anyone with any sense that invented or created Anything would have it built in Chindia...so it really doesn't help our economy anyway.

Most manufacturing has already moved offshore.

I think the only thing keeping America going right now are cloak and dagger bail out practices and shell game economics.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
But that wont work for much longer...and then.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Let me give everyone a small lesson in common sense.

There are 100 people in a society.

5 government, 80 workers, 15 jobless.

The 5 government people work. 80 workers grow food, made products, etc.
15 jobless lead a very harsh life.

The government now implements welfare.

The 5 government people work. 80 workers grow food, the same amount. 15 jobless receive welfare.

The government is essentially purchasing the food for those 15 homeless people. Now there is less of a supply, increasing price levels for the food. Who gets hurt? The 80 workers. The 5 government people make plenty of money.

To allow unlimited government spending will do this at hyper levels. They will allow certain sectors of the economy to boom and all others will bust. Or "crowding" out.

IMO, a healthy economy is one where people can work, produce, consume, without making inefficiencies or over producing to create a no-demand market for labor.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Isn't defense spending like three times more than every other country?

How about cut defense spending? Why can't we the people vote to cut such extravagant and in my mind, unnecessary spending?

Yeah, and while we're at it, let's cut "aid" to Israel?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Excellent idea.

We can just print more money and hand it out.

That's what we're doing right now.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

Ok, so with your analogy we have 5% govt workers controlling a failing economy.
That tells me they need to all be fired.
Common sense would be to Stop putting this on the 80% that make the wheels turn.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist

There are 100 people in a society.

The 5 government people work. 80 workers grow food, the same amount. 15 jobless receive welfare.

Those are out dated statistics.

I think the correct break down today goes something like this.

Out of 100 people
20 government people work
50 people grow food (Work in the private sector)
30 jobless receive welfare

So essentially 1 person is supporting 1 other person besides thier own dependants.

The 50 people that grow food only do so because the government controls the money supply and manages the economy. The 50 that work for the government or recieve money from welfare have zero interest in anything that jepordizes thier income.

I see the situation that has developed as the 50 who collect from the system (Government workers and welfare recipients) think they are the boss of those who pay into the system and are willing to maintain power and control over those who grow food, by any means available to them including extortion, blackmail, coersion and use of force.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Freedom or Death]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by tetrahedron
Umm, what?
**SNIP**.....because MAGIC.
**SNIP**

yep... you don't know how money is made do you?
Let me explain:
Someone types stuff into a computer....MONEY...it is sort of like magic!

[edit on 31-5-2010 by theuhstuf]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy

Isn't defense spending like three times more than every other country?

How about cut defense spending?

There are really two Americas.

The one that wants to take over the world and the one that just wants to be left alone.

If we are gonna take over the world then military spending is essential to that goal.

What we really need is a slimed down, lean mean, all elite force military.

One force for homeland defense and two or three more for invading and occuping foriegn nations. And accually once a country has been occupied the invading forces should be gradually replaced (Repositioned to new war zones) with peace keeping/ diplomatic/ rebuilding type of folks.

Invade/ Occupy/ Rebuild/ Invade/ Occupy/ Rebuild/ Invade/ Occupy/ Rebuild ...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1812cc66b522.jpg[/atsimg]

Victory

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c95ad83df7a1.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/799a315571d0.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b86c66ce6f2e.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/115edaf09d0a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Trolling or what?

I can't believe I'm reading this.

When people spend money they don't have, they go into debt. We are already in enough debt with them receiving tax money. If they don't get that, we're worse off.

I'm saddened to know I spent time trying to convince someone that this is a bad idea, because if you came up with that nonsense, you may not understand my reasoning.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by glitchinmymatrix

I can't believe I'm reading this.

When people spend money they don't have, they go into debt.

Go into debt to who Mr glitchy matrix?

To you perhaps?

To people who never had money to begin with?

We were all cavemen at one time remember that?

No the problem now is organized extortion by people who think they hold power over those who aren't part of thier little club or clique.

I am resisting what I really want to say here. In fact I think there is blood dripping out of my mouth, because I am biting down on my tongue so hard.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I think you might be on to something OP. S&F.

People will argue against you because they think they will suffer. And it is true. But for our children I would be willing to suffer if it came to that.

Great Thread.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Solar, wind, geo-thermal, nuclear (Fusion preferably), tidal, gravity

Desalination plants (clean water)

Hydro-ponic agriculture (Mass produced - chemical free - food)

Medical could come from the military (Service to country for loan forgiveness)

We just lack the collective will power to make it a reality

As long as we cling to the old paridigm of scarcity, mortal combat and competition for the basics of life

Competition be served better at a higher level in order to make things more efficient, better and improve process'

All of those processes require materials that just don't make themselves. Someone has to be paid to manufacture the items necessary for operation of all that you mentioned.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join