It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solution: Eliminate all taxes / allow unlimited govt spending

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Really this could be the best solution to our current economic woes.

The government should immediatly cease and dissist from collecting all tax revenue, lottery winnings, licence/permit fees and fines, etc.

At that point the government would be free to spend whatever amount of money that they see fit to help the economy grow.

This would keep the people who pay these sort of things happy and would also keep the people who depend or profit off of these things happy.

It's really a win - win solution.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Freedom or Death]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom or Death

I completely agree. Not only that but we should encourage the Fed to lend whatever it deems necessary to the other world government to stabilize them as well. Once the world is stabilized, the governments are spending freely to reestablish social services and everyone has the latest technology gadgets we can all be at peace.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

Once the world is stabilized, the governments are spending freely to reestablish social services and everyone has the latest technology gadgets we can all be at peace.

We have the technology to unleash FREE energy, clean water, abundant renewable food supplies, resonable medical care, etc upon the world.

We just lack the will power to do so.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Eh, I'd rather see government spending tied to the GDP, so if the economy is good they can spend more, if the economy sucks then they would have to improve it before they could spend more. Too bad that wont ever happen...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Umm, what?

There are so many things wrong with the idea, like, everything.

"The government should immediatly cease and dissist from collecting all tax revenue, lottery winnings, licence/permit fees and fines, etc.

At that point the government would be free to spend whatever amount of money that they see fit to help the economy grow. "

Wait so the government stops collecting revenue and thus........can spend an infinite amount of money.......because MAGIC.

At which point the value of the dollar become 0 and the world is thrown into chaos.

I'd say there is a 70/30 chance you're an Obama voter.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetrahedron

Wait so the government stops collecting revenue and thus........can spend an infinite amount of money.......because MAGIC.

How is it any different than creating a balloning deficit and fractional banking lending?

Really it's all just an illusion based upon magic.

The few dominate and subject the many.

People are just afraid to let go of the power.

And no I didn't vote for Bush or Obama.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4879c98cc43d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e160f2799f59.jpeg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The government collects money from taxes to cover its expenditures. Spending an "unlimited" or essentially very vast sum of fabricated dollars would make the currency go nova into a hyperinflationary world death spiral.

This has been tried before in Weimar Germany and recently Zimbabwe.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Spending an "unlimited" or essentially very vast sum of fabricated dollars would make the currency go nova into a hyperinflationary world death spiral.

Why?

Why must it?

It's all based upon perception anyways.

A big dent in greed could be made if Energy, water, food and medical care is free. We have the power to give everyone on earth the basics of life. Eliminate poverty and you can make a big dent in poverty. This is where hyper-inflation comes from. Fear.

If people want more or better they can work for it. My guess is that 80% of the people will be happy with the basics.

This has been tried before in Weimar Germany and recently Zimbabwe.

They didn't implement free energy, water, food or medical care.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
If the government is going to get the deficit under control it will have to raise taxes and/or cut spending.

All Americans agree with this statement.

The government cannot raise my taxes and/or cut MY medicare, MY social security, or cut defense spending.

Unfortunately, too many Americans agree with this statement, too.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint

If the government is going to get the deficit under control it will have to raise taxes and/or cut spending.

All Americans do not agree with your statement.

This is scarcity thinking.

Abundance thinking would acknowledge that we have everything that we need.

Why must our paridigm be based upon taking from one person to give to another?

Why can we not create for all?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
If you gave every US citizen one million dollars (we're all rich now!) the purchasing power of $1 ml would be greatly reduced. The value of a $ (in theory) is based on the supply of available dollars and the demand for dollar denominated assets. Thus, if you increase the supply of dollars dramatically without any other variables in the economy changing, the cost of things rise in proportion to the money supply increase (so we're not actually rich).

In reality the Fed's black box of financial alchemy is what really determines the value and supply of money.

If you want to know what's really going on and get educated all at once, start following Zerohedge.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I joined just to reply to your whole premise.

First, I think you are just being sarcastic to prove a point, which I respect.

If you are not being sarcastic, where do you think this free energy, free food, and free water are going to come from? Are they going to rain down on humanity like manna from Heaven?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
There's no such thing as free health care (free energy however, or zero point, well that's a different story).

You see a doctor. With that doctor comes a nurse, an orderly, a pharmacist, a janitor, an IT guy, etc. All those people get paid, or you no longer have a healthcare system.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Three Legs

I joined just to reply to your whole premise.

Welcome, even if you disagree with me (Many do)

... where do you think this free energy, free food, and free water are going to come from?

Solar, wind, geo-thermal, nuclear (Fusion preferably), tidal, gravity

Desalination plants (clean water)

Hydro-ponic agriculture (Mass produced - chemical free - food)

Medical could come from the military (Service to country for loan forgiveness)

We just lack the collective will power to make it a reality

As long as we cling to the old paridigm of scarcity, mortal combat and competition for the basics of life

Competition be served better at a higher level in order to make things more efficient, better and improve process'

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
there is a movement already starting to not pay irs taxes under the rights of the constitution since the government is acting in illegal means and not representing the people in a right way----its posted on ----what really happened . com--we are thinking about it . younger brother has not filed irs or state taxes for over 10 years now?? governments dont know what to do when you drop out of their tax plan -hes a carpenter who gets paid independently .

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Thanks.

So you are saying that if we use fusion, geothermal, wind power, etc.. they will just build themselves for free and distribute electric across a grid that needs no maintenece for free.

Also, a hydroponics growing facility that will just build itself and grow us food for free? Really?

De-Salinization plants buid themselves for free and distribute water for free with no maintenence or expense?

Last time I checked no one could build a sustainable fusion reactor that works and no one has tapped imaginary free energy from the Zero Point. Even if it happens one day, do you think those pieces of equiptment will come free of charge?

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Three Legs]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint

The government cannot raise my taxes and/or cut MY medicare, MY social security, or cut defense spending.

Unfortunately, too many Americans agree with this statement, too.

Did you forget about Ron Paul and his supporters?

America needs to stop being the worlds police, stop government handouts and reduce taxes after the debt is paid off, among other ideals. These ideals in no way agree with your broad accusation of Americans.

Maybe you didn't include them because they are all just racists. Right?

Do you think the same way as you accuse all Americans of thinking?

-Spork

[edit on 30-5-2010 by sporkmonster]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I joined just to reply to your whole premise. First, I think you are just being sarcastic to prove a point, which I respect.

I though he was being sarcastic which is why I continued it in the 2nd post but now I'm not so sure. It sounds a bit like the woman on illegal immigration that was on the Savage show the other day. ".. because they are all Americans too...and have rights, and there are no borders..."

I get his point though, the economy is smoke and mirrors but I disagree that telling everyone and acting completely like its smoke and mirrors would do any good. It would just lead to mass death.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This is why TPTB hate gold and silver. Gold and silver are honest money which must be mined out of the ground and is (mostly) impossible to counterfeit (unless you've got a stash of tungsten somewhere) or reproduce en masse. There is substantial manipulation (read: suppression) of the price of both via WS banks, in particular JP Morgan.

Any earnest reset of our monetary system involves the resuscitation of gold and silver as the basis of $ worth, rather than "the full faith and credit of the US gov't."

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

So you are saying that if we use fusion, geothermal, wind power, etc.. they will just build themselves for free and distribute electric across a grid that needs no maintenece for free.

Also, a hydroponics growing facility that will just build itself and grow us food for free? Really?

De-Salinization plants buid themselves for free and distribute water for free with no maintenence or expense?

... do you think those pieces of equiptment will come free of charge?

Of course not.

It is an idealistic vision of the future.

Co-operation would be necessary

What vision for our collective future do you see being implemented right now?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join