It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf Oil Spill: Information Repository Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I thought it makes sense to create a thread with useful links concerning the Gulf Oil Spill. I've included some to help get us started. My only request is that we try to include links/urls to sources that appear somewhat credible. (Yes I know this is ATS, and sources are analyzed and judged accordingly).

Official Unified Command And Volunteer Info:
www.deepwaterhorizonresponse.com...

Spill trajectory:
www.wunderground.com...

response.restoration.noaa.gov...,subtopic_id,topic_id&entry_id%28entry_subt opic_topic%29=809&subtopic_id%28entry_subtopic_topic%29=2&topic_id%28entry_subtopic_topic%29=1

ocg6.marine.usf.edu...

'Live' Cameras (often the same feed):
www.bp.com...

globalwarming.house.gov...

Geology of the Area (caution .pdf):
leanenergy.ldeo.columbia.edu...

BP Exploration plan (caution .pdf)
www.gomr.mms.gov...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Note to Mod. Can you please move this to the appropriate area (since it doesn't really fit political madness area)? If someone can direct me how to move the thread I will.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Counttrarian

Hi. A month ago one of my threads was closed down because there was another thread on the oil spill. LOL

Now look at how many threads there are.
I thought some of the addresses I linked in that thread may fit in here. Here is just a copy of one of my posts :
==============================================

posted on 30/4/2010 @ 12:16 PM single this post

BTW if you would like to write or call the International HQ for BP to let them know what you think of their weak and nonchalant response:

Numbers and addresses

Or send them an email to let them know what you think:

Link to email form about the Gulf of Mexico disaster
[edit on 30/4/2010 by Chamberf=6]
================================================

[edit on 30/5/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Just giving this a bump.

There are ways in this thread to respond directly to BP, and ways to keep informed.
I think it may be appreciated by those who actually want to DO something rather than just complain/talk about it.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Thanks for the info. Yes, it certainly seems there is a proliferation of threads on the topic now but in a scattered informational manner. (If it makes you feel any better I started a thread on nuke option prior to others and it faded).
Truth be told I enjoy ATS more for the various areas of expertise and insight than for prophesy, hype and drama. A topic such of this is an example of how ATS leads the msm as far as the news cycle goes. Also it certainly helps us having the information to both educate ourselves and to get involved if we so choose.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Counttrarian]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Counttrarian

I agree about ATS being ahead of the MSM and more in depth as well.

It is refreshing to have something solid, tangible, and real/proven to discuss now and then.

Although in this case I wish it wasn't real.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
One aspect of the leak that is being inexplicably ignored is the methane component of the daily volume. Since low-end estimates place the gas percentage at 40% at the wellhead, i.e., compressed due to the pressure at depth, and that by the time it rises to the surface, again using low-end estimates, it will expand by some 164 times, then by volume the gas is ultimately a far bigger component of the leak.

But no seems to be paying attention to it.

For those interested or worried by it, I have collected a large array of sources and information about methane hydrates and the dangers of methane in this thread:

Gulf spill: is the methane a bigger problem than the oil?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's probably easier to read and understand by going back to front, the earlier posts were more background and less specific.

The volumes of gas being released is truly staggering and frightful.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Thanks for that information and the link.

The methane being released is almost a non-issue in the MSM. Kind of weird.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Sorry, I know this is your thread, Counttrarian, but I am bumping it to keep the information visible for a little bit longer.

new topics

top topics

join