It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Start posting Solutions instead of pointing out problems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I see lots of issues being raised on all kinds of topics, but far fewer solutions to these issues being proposed.

I'd like for you to consider ...

PROPOSAL

1) What if anything is being done to address issues that you have raised?

2) Do you have a unique solution that could/should be implemented to solve that issue?

SYNOPSIS

1) Problem/ Pollution - Is there an international conspiracy of aliens that are working to intentially change the composition of the earths environment (Terra forming an envirnoment that is detrimental to humanity, but benificial to alien life)

Solution/ Pollution - Find and kill all alien life on earth

2) Problem/ Economic insecurity - Are the ultra rich attempting to hoard the worlds wealth in a bid to starve the weak and the poor to death?

Solution/ Economic insecurity - Destroy the central banking system

3) Problem/ Lack of political will power to formulate and implement sound policies that benifit the greater good - Have the elite controlled multi-national corporatations implanted brain control chips into polititians?

Solution/ Lack of political willpower ... - Eliminate all members of both political parties

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Freedom or Death]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
problem one is admitting that there is a problem, and identifying same.

having said that, you're quite right. anyone can pound their fist and complain; the problem-solvers are the heros.

imho, it starts with the individual. are we as individuals fiscally responsible? treat those around us with kindness? discourage immoral/mean behavior? encourage/praise positive behavior? humans being social creatures, peer pressure is important, esp for the younger.

*it would help to propose reasonable solutions, as opposed to 'kill all members of both political parties' which is a bit extreme (imho)

[edit on 30-5-2010 by works4dhs]

[edit on 30-5-2010 by works4dhs]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by works4dhs

... the problem-solvers are the heros.

... it starts with the individual.

How's that war on the population progressing DHS?

Are the masses more open to personal responsibility these days?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

... 'kill all members of both political parties'

If you read my post you'll find I said no such thing.

I said 'eliminate all members of both politcal parties'. Eliminate could mean many things. In this case it simply means eliminate them from power or vote them out.

Even though that won't solve a damn thing, becuase the money and lobbiests are still in the halls of congress. The real problem would still be there. A real solution would be to 'elimnate term limits' and 'eliminate voting and campaigning' every few years.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom or Death

... the problem-solvers are the heros.

... it starts with the individual.

How's that war on the population progressing DHS?

Are the masses more open to personal responsibility these days?

1) unaware of any 'war on the population', tho some extreme enviro/leftists have openly suggested Earth needs a smaller human presence

2) it seems 'personal responsibility' is indeed decreasing. my take is that this results from the de-emphasis on traditional (i.e., Christian) values, esp the western world. try to explain to a six-year old that stealing is wrong. our media (esp the entertainment media) are part of the problem. (my personal solution to this is, don't watch their crap)

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom or Death

... 'kill all members of both political parties'

If you read my post you'll find I said no such thing.

I said 'eliminate all members of both politcal parties'. Eliminate could mean many things. In this case it simply means eliminate them from power or vote them out.

Even though that won't solve a damn thing, becuase the money and lobbiests are still in the halls of congress. The real problem would still be there. A real solution would be to elimnate term limits and eliminate voting and campaigning every few years.

hard to interpret 'eliminate all members' any other way (perhaps it's my military background; 'eliminate the target' means...boom). how bout 'eliminate the current system'or 'eliminate the two major parties'?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It's too bad those of us with an ounce of decency cant just go somewhere and hunker down while the idiots destroy themselves. I've found that you cannot fight idiots- it's exactly like wrestling a pig in it's own slop.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom or Death

Bankers
Lawyers
Corrupt Politicians
Jerks who cut me off in traffic

and worst of all;
Those A-holes who leave chewing gum on the sidewalk.

My solution:

[edit on 5/30/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

None of those things really deserve the gallows do they?

Lines

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
i have a solution that is in line with pretty much all the woes we are facing right now. the economic joblessness etc. It isn't terribly original, but it has worked when it was done, and it is totally community orientated.

Start small, with neighbourhood organized Hot Breakfasts at a community hall or some other such place where people can gather. Fund them by having the supplies be donated by the neighbourhood people and feed the neighbourhood kids, and working people that are struggling to make ends meet. Staff it with those that aren't working, but need to feel like they are doing something. Volunteers only that want to feel involved or make a difference.

Gradually start expanding it to have Community Kitchen evenings as well, where people can come together and have a big ole community cooking night. Share recipes, and learn to cook other peoples dishes etc. Sharing what everyone has to share, food knowledge, everything.

Work together to collect old clothes, and if possible donations so that the less fortunate ones in the community can have clothes for the winter etc, without having to be improperly dressed, or risking exposure.

At some point register the community org as a not for profit and start co-operating with the other communities next to you on community gardens, and food drives, bottle drives what ever can be done to benefit the actual people that are living around you.

A lot of these ideas are based on what the Black Panther Party was doing in the mid 1960's to strengthen their communities. But their is no real reason that all people, of all creeds, races, religions can't start pulling together to get things done without the need for "The Man" to have to have his fingers in anyones business.

The only 3 rules that i have established in my head as far as keeping things in line in any community centre would be simple:
1)No Hitting. no children, adults or anyone
2)No debasing speech. This includes swearing from adults when they stub their toe etc. Children learn by example.
3)Keep your religion at the door. All peoples beliefs will be respected, but do not come in expecting that you can preach here.

I could be smoking a fat peacepipe the last few days, but man i really think that this is the sort of approach that can lead to some sort of recovery. A truly community based and resourced action where the people start taking their destiny by the balls again, and not wait for the PTB the tell them what to do.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pockets

None of those things really deserve the gallows do they?

Lines

Hey, when was the last time YOU stepped in gum on the sidewalk?

I'm telling you, nothing gets that stuff off.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Just buy more shoes

lines

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pockets

Just buy more shoes

Consumerism Pockets?

Why not make shoes that gum does not stick to?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Many believed in the futility of even attempting to offer solutions, simply because they THINK and PRESUMED that they have no power and incapable of change in any way, and thus give up and the apathy.

BUT NOTHING CAN BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH!!!. Each and everyone has that power to touch and change lives, OR BE CHANGED with and through our perceptions when we interact with others. There is no need to assume lofty changes through an international address at the UN.

It begins at home, at the family dinner, at the BBQ pit with neighbours and friends, at gatherings with relatives, and town hall meetings with elected representatives. As the saying goes - the flutterings of every single butterfly will cause a hurricane to the world,or to be more crude, the peeing by everyone at the same time will raise the sea level at once to phenomenal heights.

It begins with you, the solutions you bring, no matter how stupid or crazy it may seem, and at the dinner table, etc, etc

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom or Death

I like your thinking....But I also like shoes....I don't mind buying the kind of shoe that gum sticks to...I usually look where I'm walking

Also...what's bad with buying things/Consumerism

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Pockets]

top topics

join