It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maher: Obama not acting like a "Real Black" President

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The only black president jokes this black guy ever laughed at were made by black comedians. Just like I don't laugh when black people make fun of white people, or vice versa. Trust, being multi racial Ive heard my fair share from BOTH sides which are both acting EQUALLY IGNORANT. This is the only black president joke I laughed at, because it was a joke about PERSPECTIVE:

BLACK BUSH

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Look,

The reason the world Negro was used instead of that other colorful word, is because had those people used the other colorful word, there would have been rioting and somebody would have been shot.

Anytime somebody uses the word Negro, they mean the other one, that's just the safety.

Would you call an African American a Negro to his face?

You are the one assuming that and stereotyping on multiple levels with that train of thought. I especially love your absolute "anytime" "somebody" uses a word analogy. Do I offend you for calling you a stereotyper? If the shoe fits......

Actually I would call someone who is a African American / Negro by their first name, but I'm not in the parody business, nor I'm afraid in the stereotyping biz. I leave that to professionals.

So if the song was Barack the magic African American, it would have been so much better?

Also, you better have a talk with the US Census:

The United States Census Bureau announced that Negro would be included on the 2010 United States Census, alongside "Black" and "African-American," because some older Black Americans nevertheless self-identify with the term

[edit on 30-5-2010 by pavil]

<< 1  2   >>

join