It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Generation ME

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by strangleholder1

I'm sorry, the point i was trying to make obviously eluded you. I apologise if I came across as exactly what I was claiming I wasn't, a self-obsessed narcissist. I can assure you, I'm not-despite how my previous post may appear. Also i have no friends and i am a horrible person =D

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Everyone says this about there generation, I find it funny when people of older generations agree with your assessment about our generation, when it was there generations that created all the problems in the world today.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
WHITEzomby By the way you write it looks to me like your well on your way and are more of a man now then some of these men who are posting how bad your generation is.
I am 44 and I have a 16 year old son my self and I know for a fact not all this generation is just me . My son is more of a man then most men i meet .
Just hold on not all of us grumps think you have no morals .
I for one can see your much more advanced then I am I would have never known you were 16 unless you told me.
and to me this is a good thing because I dont wish you or my son to be as good as I am I wish for you to be better then i am and when I see you are then I know the world will go on

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I am of the 80's generation and I have to tell you, I respect today's generation a whole lot more than I do my own. Not all of them but a lot of them. I spend a lot of time on forums like this and in online book clubs and on-line gaming. A lot of these kids are smart and respectful and have a much better taste in art and literature than those in my generation. They are engaged in politics and care about the problems in society. Sure most of them have bad taste in music IMHO. Growing up I was the only person I knew who liked to read. Now I can get online with these young kids and have in depth conversations about books. (Note: I am excluding the entire twilight fan base, even though its great that they are reading twilight is a poor excuse for literature and reading that probably does more harm than good)

I will say however I see less selfish more intelligent kids coming from countries outside of the U.S. and U.K

Sweden, Finland and the countries around there and the Philippines seem to to be producing the brightest least "Me" kids that I have noticed, but that's just from talking to the ones online that make their way to the sites that I frequent. The most "Me" that I have talked to seem to come from Canada. I don't know why, but that has been my experience, or Americans who I have met in real life. Oh, and i have noticed a huge difference between city kids and rural kids, but that speaks for its self.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by calstorm]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Just because I come into a contact with a lot of people from my generation who are self-centered (which I do believe me) doesn't mean all of them are like that. Plus, does it really matter? There's a reason they're like that; whether artificial or natural, so it would happen no matter what. There could be a thousand reasons why people are like that. But there are many more reasons to NOT be like that!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join