It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA: Is Approaching Space Object Artificial?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Main Entry: ar·ti·fi·cial
Pronunciation: \ˌär-tə-ˈfi-shəl\
Function: adjective
Date: 14th century
1 : humanly contrived often on a natural model : man-made
2 a : having existence in legal, economic, or political theory b : caused or produced by a human and especially social or political agency
3 obsolete : artful, cunning
4 a : lacking in natural or spontaneous quality b : imitation, sham
5 : based on differential morphological characters not necessarily indicative of natural relationships

What does it mean by "artificial"? Produced by humans?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
What you posted was a bit misleading.

The article does indeed say it is most likely artificial, however, it says it is most likely an engine booster that escaped orbit during a moon mission.

It would be really amazing though if it were ET in nature.

I think that would change a whole lot across the globe, maybe even for the better.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Archirvion
I find this post pretty much a WASTE, and i dont understand the point of it.

Everyone has been informed about ufos and whats going on in space by now right?or are there still people ignorant and so darn unintelligent not to pick up either signs or information?.

The leaders of the world has the last weeks informed the public about that UFO is a FACT,and they have been working with a spesific race the last 60 years. Aliens have been proven with both dna,history,scripts ect that they have been on this planet the last 74 000 years.

When it comes to outer space The sun had an explotion some weeks ago..it takes 3 weeks for the result to reach earth whatever the result might be..Earthquake or something similar.

Are you people just playing????!!!!..I mean sometimes i get really really upset and feel am surrounded by a bunch of sheeps. Wake up and use the brain. UFO disclosure??? are you freaking kidding me..Do you want a darn Ufo smashed inside your house to wake up? !!!!!!!

Where do people come up with this rubbish? Oh, I know.... from the paranoid ramblings of many on ATS. The aliens are coming! The aliens are coming!!!!

Please do provide a source to prove all you have said. Otherwise, it is just a fantasy in your head.

But if they do come, I hope they whisk you away.

[edit on 5/30/2010 by pjslug]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by tdatreefrog
Main Entry: ar·ti·fi·cial
Pronunciation: \ˌär-tə-ˈfi-shəl\
Function: adjective
Date: 14th century
1 : humanly contrived often on a natural model : man-made
2 a : having existence in legal, economic, or political theory b : caused or produced by a human and especially social or political agency
3 obsolete : artful, cunning
4 a : lacking in natural or spontaneous quality b : imitation, sham
5 : based on differential morphological characters not necessarily indicative of natural relationships

What does it mean by "artificial"? Produced by humans?

(Buzzin' in)
"What are 'things' manufactured or produced?"

We have artificial breasts on women.
We have artificial food via Monsanto.
We have artificial intelligence via computers.
And we have artificial leaders put out by governments.

Why ya so stumped on 'artificial' anything by humans? I don't get where you're going with your query. Sorry.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikey Sly
What you posted was a bit misleading.

The article does indeed say it is most likely artificial, however, it says it is most likely an engine booster that escaped orbit during a moon mission.

It would be really amazing though if it were ET in nature.

I think that would change a whole lot across the globe, maybe even for the better.

The 'post-title' is a direct quote from NASA. Nothing misleading here. Tell that to NASA then!

They're the ones using this verbiage and then.... one has to wonder why? Why even put it out there if they already suspect what it is? It's a mind-game. That's all.

Like I said a few posts back, I think this is a half-baked attempt at disclosure.
Get people 'considering' something then.........spring on the TRUTH later.

Our minds are pretty much re-conditioned anyway from 50 years ago but...there's still a little more de-programming left to 'tell us' what we already know.

Ah....games? Don't ya love it?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio

Originally posted by ararisq

I don't think I mislead anyone considering that quote is at the end of the original post. Thanks for playing anyway.

Then why did you post it in the aliens/UFO forum, hmm?

2nd line of some sort.

Strictly speaking it IS an unidentified flying object, so it qualifies as a UFO. Yeah, I know, this forum is normally used for things directly connected to extraterrestrial intelligent lifeforms, but this object definitely fits as an unknown. Most likely it is something from Earth, possibly from the Soviet space program, but NASA is following normal CYA scientific procedure of using qualifiers instead of absolutes. They haven't said that it definitely is not extraterrestrial, just probably not, so we may yet get surprised with something more exiting.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by One Moment

What was really interesting was there was a poster a few weeks back that did a whole series with an incredible amount of work and research and facts that suggests that aliens have been here in the past and they may be the origin of our religions and lore.

After reading the posts it was hard to not at least acknowledge the possibility we have had visitors, and if that's the case there's no reason not to expect that they are here or will return at some time.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AquaDuck

Originally posted by Curio

Originally posted by ararisq

I don't think I mislead anyone considering that quote is at the end of the original post. Thanks for playing anyway.

Then why did you post it in the aliens/UFO forum, hmm?

2nd line of some sort.

Strictly speaking it IS an unidentified flying object, so it qualifies as a UFO. Yeah, I know, this forum is normally used for things directly connected to extraterrestrial intelligent lifeforms, but this object definitely fits as an unknown. Most likely it is something from Earth, possibly from the Soviet space program, but NASA is following normal CYA scientific procedure of using qualifiers instead of absolutes. They haven't said that it definitely is not extraterrestrial, just probably not, so we may yet get surprised with something more exiting.

Man, you're a better person than I am..... giving NASA that much wiggle room!
NASA following procedures (when it comes to the public domain)? Since when? They don't answer any 'public' questions when it comes to UFOs.
Where do you think they were dubbed "Never A Straight Answer"?

Again....you are a lot more trusting, generous, giving and perhaps naive than I am but that's what's great about this forum. So many different people. So many different inputs.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikey Sly

What was really interesting was there was a poster a few weeks back that did a whole series with an incredible amount of work and research and facts that suggests that aliens have been here in the past and they may be the origin of our religions and lore.

After reading the posts it was hard to not at least acknowledge the possibility we have had visitors, and if that's the case there's no reason not to expect that they are here or will return at some time.

I love that you're learning!!!

Keep it up.

The truth is out (up) there....that much, I know!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I wonder why NASA is specific on the idea that the object used its own propulsion at some unknown, earlier stage. This would require an ignition of a liquid propellant as in a Russian booster of the time, so it could only be Russian or unknown. I would have thought that a solid booster would have been propellant exhausted, so there should be no ambiguity.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
There is one piece of space junk which defies explanation as being of human origin. 1991 VG is about 10 metres across and is in a 50 year orbut around the sun. When observed it appeared to be shiny, metallic and faceted .
NASA have not attempted to explain it actually , they have just turned a blind eye to it.
Definitely worth a Google.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I've always found it plausible that there is other life out there. It was one of the things that drove me from religion, their absolute denial that there could be. It was pretty exciting last year when the catholic church came out and took an official stance that ET life does not contradict their doctrines. Too bad it took so many centuries. Who knows what discoveries may have been found if the possibility had been excepted all this time.

Scientists won't even except the possibility the Egyptians had light bulbs, despite the fact that they batteries. Somehow, Egyptians had discovered electroplating, which is a much more involved and technical procedure, and yet they never realized that shorting a battery out with a filament caused it to heat up and glow.

So all I'm saying is being skeptical is one thing, but being down right closed minded is another in the face of what seems to be evidence.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tharsis
I'm just surprised nobody could get pictures of it...

This object isn't but a few meters wide. It hasn't even reached it's closest point to Earth (which will be near the Moon's orbit). We can't get a decent photo of the Apollo Rover which is supposed to still be sitting stationary on the Moon. How in the world are we suppose to get a picture of this artificial object floating through space?

If a picture of this artificial object shows up, then the whole Moon Landing Hoax will be settled in my mind.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
here's a look at the NASA site for 2010kq

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

if someone could explain to me how this is an "ORBITAL PATH"?....i would really appreciate it, because it doesn't look like one to me

I agree that the diagram looks confusing.

In fact it shows the orbit of the object *relative* to earth, not relative to the sun or the stars. I have seen an orbit plotted using a reference relative to the stars, and it looks a lot more familiar!

Regards.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigfoot73
There is one piece of space junk which defies explanation as being of human origin. 1991 VG is about 10 metres across and is in a 50 year orbut around the sun. When observed it appeared to be shiny, metallic and faceted .
NASA have not attempted to explain it actually , they have just turned a blind eye to it.

Hi Bigfoot,
Hadn't heard about this, but will look it up. How bright is it? (I'm assuming that it has brighter and less bright periods when you mention facets) and how observable is it.
Edit, found a link,

www.centauri-dreams.org...

Plus an ATS link,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 30-5-2010 by smurfy]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by One Moment
They don't answer any 'public' questions when it comes to UFOs.
Where do you think they were dubbed "Never A Straight Answer"?

Maybe from the morons who never even READ their explanations for famous 'astronaut UFO stories', or couldn't understand them if they did read them, or who see alien spaceships in every dancing dot on camera videos? There's no need for a gummint plot to make a mockery of UFO studies -- it's an inside job, all the way.

The prompt information release on this and on earlier sightings of objects suspected of being of human space program origin from decades ago, even before the identifications were proven, seems to indicate to open minds that NASA provides information pretty fully and completely on subjects such as these. That may break a lot of hearts and hurt a lot of heads out there, who like to pretend otherwise. Live with it.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

So, you offer your own ignorance as proof the object has no earthly explanation, and you trust google to find all relevant info? Didn't you read about the spectral analysis of the white color and its relation to NASA spacecraft exterior paint?

After all, it is pronounced vee-jer, sort of....

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
whats the freaking big deal

another misinformation here on ATS

people just forgot to actually read the thing ... its our object, its not theirs or whatever

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Very cool indeed. Maybe it's a 2012 asteroid
hehe who knows?????????

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

So, you offer your own ignorance as proof the object has no earthly explanation, and you trust google to find all relevant info? Didn't you read about the spectral analysis of the white color and its relation to NASA spacecraft exterior paint?

After all, it is pronounced vee-jer, sort of....

Hi Jim, are not both Bigfoot's object and 2010 KQ still classified as Asteroids ?

echo.jpl.nasa.gov...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join