It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Taps' History told by John Wayne (lest we not Forget our Fallen Soldiers on this Memorial Day)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Aldeberan

See addition in OP!

[edit on 5/30/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
What freedom? its all an illusion freedom, if we really had the real freedom, we wont been having the world problems, just say i thank them for believing in what they thought was right, freedom is slavery.

If we really had the real freedom, police wont being arresting people for it.
or policing the world.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Double Post

[edit on 5/30/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I'm glad that they fight so I can sit on my ass reading about the real reasons they were sent to war.

They deserve better than just some holiday, they deserve honesty and not being sent to wars for corporations and corrupt politicians.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
If only we could send the people that start wars yet get to stay nice and safe at home racking in the cash to fight them there would be far less of them.

Its sad thing but every war on this planet is now all about money.

One day I hope we won't need to send these guys to die but sadly that day will never come when old men can send young men to die for profit.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
a key board tuff guy who'd get their ass handed to them in real life for talking like this to any veteran.

...you may be that kind of vet but not everyone is... some have integrity and would seek understanding with someone that doesnt approve of them and/or their war-time actions - use the situation to teach, especially if the other person was a youngster...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Oh I have integrity...........don't confuse that with tolerance. Very little makes me angry enough to physically harm someone for words.......this however does. A quick attention getter is sometimes needed, and can be educational. However back on topic.........have a safe holiday everyone.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I think we should all be thankful for the dirty work the troops of our forces do, there is an saying in the UK at the moment that goes along the lines of "If you wont get behind our troops feel free to stand in front of them" Regardless of the reasons for, we are at war and I think it is going to get a lot worse. S+F

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
What many people fail to understand is that if the jihaudests win you loose all of your revered rights like:

Gay Rights, they aren't allowed in muslem countries
Abortion Rights, same
Freedom to express your opinion on ATS, same
Freedom to not believe in any God, same, you'll just be killed
Women"s Rights, you wont even get an education.

Weather or not you believe in America, it provides you with the opportunity to oppose the things you don't like and try to change them and make life better for all. It's not something you can force on anyone, especially in America.

Those rights were bought and pad for with the blood and suffering of regular folks doing extrordinary things, like my stepfather David Maynard. He lived through the Japanese attack on Corrigadore only to follow the path of the Death March and ended up spending 4 years in prison camps in Japan.

In life he did not agree with all of the changes that happened to America and he argued against many of them, but he never ever denied anyone's right to make their own decisions, and live their own life. Because he felt that he had somehow helped them to gain that right. In spite of those who would trash his sacrifice, he said he would do it all again if he were called.

He died a few years ago and was laid to rest with better than full Military Honers. The local VFW showed up with 21 Veterans with 21 WW2 Weapons and showed him all the respect they could. Even those who were not involved with the Funeral stopped what they were doing, just for a moment as they felt something important was going on.

I served in the Army during Vietnam, though I never served in Vietnam, I suffered many of the indignities of those who did. My Uncle Sherm served in Korea, and I have a Nephew who served in Iraq.

The question I have for those who would make light of all our sacrifice is this: Why can't you separate those who fight the wars from the politics of those who cause war?

I am glad that 1 man stood to show respect for the Flag and for those who would still fight for what it means to be an American.

I stand up every time the Flag comes by, and I invite all of you to stand with me. I stand for all those who would continue to fight for that which is worthwhile. If the day comes that no-one stands, then the day will come when you will lose everything you hold dear to your heart. What will you complain about then. (if given the opportunity)

May God bless America, and may God (in what ever form you choose) bless You.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by On the level

"If you wont get behind our troops feel free to stand in front of them"

Great quote!!!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

S&F

Do what you can to keep anyone from changing your flag. Our old South African flag, which once was the pride of our nation, is now considered an abomination. We have a new flag to symbolize our "new" South Africa - incidentally, a country where the crime rate is higher, the currency worth less and government even more corrupt than when the "old" South Africa was still our country. Yet that symbol of the disgrace our land has become, is now what we must be proud of, while the one symbolizing a country worth being proud of, is considered "politically incorrect."

Please, if you love your country, protect your flag.

[edit on 2010/5/30 by J.Smit]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by fatboyinternational

VERY well said my friend!!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by J.Smit

Wow, that is terrible. There have been many occasions where we Americans could be saying the same thing had it not been for the men & women we are remembering this Holiday. Thank you for that, it's stories like this that make one aware that it can happen.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

For those who went before us.

The present and those that shall follow should show their respect.

Semper Fidelis

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatboyinternational
Gay Rights, they aren't allowed in muslem countries
Abortion Rights, same
Freedom to express your opinion on ATS, same
Freedom to not believe in any God, same, you'll just be killed
Women"s Rights, you wont even get an education.

My uncle is gay. Yet he is more a man when it comes to dealing with people than most "straight" guys.

My brother worked in Jeddah for three years. Just before he left there, ten Christians were arrested just because they were Christians.

Websites that might have a detrimental effect on Islam are blocked.

However, i might have understood wrong on this last one, but there were women working with him. However, i do not know if they were all from outside Saudi Arabia or if some of them were locals.

I will speak against abortion, because no person is ever old enough to hear that his/her mother wanted to murder the child inside. But that was my life, all can be forgiven and are forgiven from my side.

These are very good reasons to protect your flag. Starred that one, Fatboyinternational.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Aldeberan

The soldier doesn't decide to go to war. He goes because it is his duty. And he dies for you with out expectation of thanks. Nor does he need it.

You sir can go F__K yourself.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
A good reminder to stop and take a moment to reflect and remember.

Peace.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
May our country's brave fallen reat in peace in the arms of the lord.

That they may not have died in vain.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join