It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radioactive Leak in VT nuke plant, fixed. Source provided.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Aerial Photo of VT plant

Ra dioactive leak found, fixed, at VT nuke plant.

A new leak of radioactive material has been found and fixed at the troubled Vermont Yankee nuclear power plant, officials said Saturday May 29, 2010.

source above...
Hey,
I'm not to good at posting yet. I tried to put this in breaking news but it glitched. Probably for the better, this is probably a better forum for it anyhow. I did a search and didn't find anything posted on it yet. (That doesn't mean I didn't search incorrectly or look right past it. If it's a repeat, I apologize and feel free to delete as needed.)
Oh btw, maybe I should mention....
I'm not posting this to fear-monger, just to pass on current news to ATS that I hadn't seen posted yet.
With so much going on,
The oil spills, the interesting seismographic data lately, the article saying this plant has had problems in the past, I think I'll personally do a more looking into it. I'm glad it wasn't a worse problem. America has enough on her plate.
Have a good day, yall.
~prep

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I've been digging a bit more, apparently there was a leak earlier this year and some steps were taken then.

source - 24feb10

In an unusual state foray into nuclear regulation, the Vermont Senate voted 26 to 4 Wednesday to block operation of the Vermont Yankee nuclear plant after 2012, citing radioactive leaks, misstatements in testimony by plant officials and other problems.

Another link to the current (fixed) leak with more details

The primary concern seems to be tritium.
Worth noting perhaps... Entergy owns the Yankee Vermont facility.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
For one, I didn't know they had problems and that they still had some with leaks!
It makes me wonder what these people do, in life... I mean, can't they take proper care of complex dangerous systems? And we are called irresponsible... Good find, thanks! From the looks of it, the war on the people has begun... ( with all that is going on, simultaneously! )

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aresh Troxit
For one, I didn't know they had problems and that they still had some with leaks!
It makes me wonder what these people do, in life... I mean, can't they take proper care of complex dangerous systems? And we are called irresponsible... Good find, thanks! From the looks of it, the war on the people has begun... ( with all that is going on, simultaneously! )

I didn't either till it popped on the news early early this morning. MSM even! It wasn't there at all last night and I was up late (waaaay to late, early even). But first thing this morning mainstream news has it? I know, I'm a cynical sort, but it makes me wonder....did someone say "post it or we will?" ...something like that? I do admit I was suprised it was in the MSM.
When I first came here (I lurked for a long time before joining) it was over the barksdale lost nuclear missile. I can remember it was Nowhere in what I considered the news/media back then. I found a link to here thru an alternative site/source. So yeah, I was suprised to see this in the MSM. I'm used to having to dig more these days.
Accidents will happen. I know that. Sometimes Murphy just hits hard. (I'm part irish. LOL!) But the more I look the more I'm seeing almost non-stop problems with YV (Yankee Vermont). So I have to agree: not doing their critically important jobs and covering it up. (The cbs story refers to that, if I'm remembering my links correctly.)
Did you see where yesterdays leak spewed 13 toxins into the air and surrounding area? Not all of which have been identified yet? I don't say that to be fearmongering. Honest.
More to ask:
So why the heck, with this things happening now, having happened in FEB, and in 2005 from some reports (haven't verified those yet...):
WHY are they planning the shutdown 'sometime' after 2012???
(That is not a conspiracy area I'm farmiliar with but just basic common sense says that makes no sense.)
The war on the people....
Well,
I read the survivalist section here a lot. You might like it. In addition to other little telltales that something isn't quite ok.... but you have already noticed that from your comment above.
TY for the reply and thoughts,
will keep my eye out for more info.
~prep

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by preparanoid

Yeah, I love Larry Smith's attitude of " Nothing to see here, move along!"
They lied to authorities and we are supposed to believe them when they say that it has not impacted or endangered people's health...

We noticed that many projects are being put AFTER 2012, or will end in 2012, as per government's announcements. ( Any kind of projects... )

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Fish Containing Radioactive Isotope Found In Connecticut River

More links:
This one has a great timeline for this year alone, with links to the related articles. I count over 30 articles (incidents or related 'expert' research) on the timeline. It's from a new site local to that area, so a bit more details.
It's
Boggling
Honestly
Radioactive Fish near Vt. Yankee said 'Ordinary'

Fish Containing Radioactive Isotope Found In Connecticut River

Meanwhile, Irwin said his department has more important things to worry about... (comment continued in article)

Geez...
~prep

new topics

top topics

join