It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Report Calls Employees 'Little Piggies'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I did a quick search and did not find this story being discussed here on ATS.

I saw this in a local news story a couple of days ago. They interviewed the lawyer who obtained the document when representing the Texas BP refinery explosion that killed 15 workers.

Here's the document.

EXCLUSIVE: This internal BP document shows how the company took deadly risks to save money by opting to build cheaper facilities for workers. The company estimated the value of a worker's life at $10 million.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b332d0088563.jpg[/atsimg]

www.thedailybeast.com...

I would suggest that the CT authors on ATS should start looking at this oil spill as a deliberate attack, an act of war, on the United States.

The Queen wants the US in the commonwealth.

Related News Stories;
www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a

[edit on 30-5-2010 by OurskiesRpoisoned]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I don't think people are ready to joke about this yet. Way to soon, thanks for trying to lighten things up though, its just not funny right now.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

I don't think this is a joke... and it isn't funny.

news.yahoo.com...

The two-page document (which you can see at The Daily Beast) was originally found by attorney Brent Coon during the discovery phase of a suit against BP on behalf of families of workers killed in a 2005 refinery explosion in Texas City, Texas. It was prepared by BP's risk-management team in 2002 and is titled "Cost benefit analysis of three little pigs."

Incidentally, BP chose one of the lower-cost options, one 10 times cheaper than the blast-resistant structures. Outzen notes that all of the fatalities in the Texas City blast "occurred in or around the nine contractor trailers."

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Saw it on CNN a week ago. I think it's hilarious, personally. Then again, I was making 9/11 jokes on 9/12, so...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I already made a post on this...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

I don't think this is a joke... and it isn't funny.

news.yahoo.com...

The two-page document (which you can see at The Daily Beast) was originally found by attorney Brent Coon during the discovery phase of a suit against BP on behalf of families of workers killed in a 2005 refinery explosion in Texas City, Texas. It was prepared by BP's risk-management team in 2002 and is titled "Cost benefit analysis of three little pigs."

Incidentally, BP chose one of the lower-cost options, one 10 times cheaper than the blast-resistant structures. Outzen notes that all of the fatalities in the Texas City blast "occurred in or around the nine contractor trailers."

Yes, thanks for that link.

If they think their employees are piggies, wonder what they think about the people on the Gulf?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Well, I'll never be buying Qiuckstar/amocco gas ever again after a businesses thought projection of its so alled valued employees like that!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by OurskiesRpoisoned

Sorry. Not buying this one. It does have a link to a seeming legitimate story about a seeming legitimate lawyer who says he got this during discovery but I just don't believe it. Sorry.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Dude. It was on CNN. Google it.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by shmuu

Yeah, I did. Sorry... still not buying it...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
gad, this is so clearly a joke that was probably going around the BP offices probably mocking their risk analyses program and people actually are taking it as serious???

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/128b75e0c8ad.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

join