It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newfoundland UFOs still a mystery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

The unidentified flying objects spotted in January off Newfoundland remain a mystery to the government, despite extensive scrutiny, according to Department of National Defence (DND) documents obtained by CBC News.

The documents contain grainy images of a rocket with a long, fiery tail soaring skyward. The reports rule out missiles and model rockets, but don't suggest what the images might show.

Military experts discredit the possibility of ballistic and cruise missiles. DND's Directorate of Scientific and Technical Intelligence (DSTI) assessed the images and reported: "The object is not a ballistic missile, not a cruise missile in boost phase nor a cruise missile in-flight phase. It is also not a licensed model rocket launcher."

Read more: www.cbc.ca...

Not sure if this has been posted before but I found it interesting enough to start a thread. A picture is included with the original article.

This is not your typical UFO sighting. Witnesses say they saw the objects coming out of the water. The object does look like a rocket or missile, although neither the Canadian nor French governments admit to test firings. The French say they test fired missiles on the 27th of January, two days after the sightings.

My gut feeling is that the French are just being secretive about their missile tests, but I'm just wondering what other ATSers think of this or if there's new information out there.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

new topics

join