It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis – A Paranormal Phenomenon?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Great Thread. I have experienced sleep paralysis many times. I try to work on lucid dreaming and will sometimes find my self 'stuck' in this position. I had experienced "the hag" well before I ever got into trying to control and realize when I am dreaming. In almost all cases, there is a panicking feeling to try to awaken myself.

I can definitely attest to the feeling of seeing everything as is, but with the dream/hallucination factor on top. I feel the presence of a dark entity as well. Sometimes its just in the corner of my eye. A dark smoke/shadow. It sends chills throughout my body and I *STRUGGLE* to awake (I know I'm dreaming, but it's still scary, like pure paranoia / impending doom). However to me, it will seem like I am actually moving my arms/legs enough to warrant waking up the person next to me. But I have learned that when I am in this state, I am not moving as much as I think, but *some* minor movement carries over (as told by person next to me that was awake and noticed me twitching/moving and not looking relaxed). These can last for seconds to l-o-n-g minutes. I hope I have one soon, so I can try the *cough* sound/action I just read about and see if that awakens me.

Although not the same entity, I wonder if it could be related to the gnomes I see, and the lizards (I assume) that I hear when using high doses of psychedelics. And just to be clear, I had sleep paralysis/dark entity AND lucid dreaming well before drug use.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Ive had 5 or so sleep paralysis's since 2009. Im 19 now. Ive been recording them so i can remember what happened that night. One of them involved me being lifted up into the air back first towards my room window and then blank can remember the rest of that dream. Another time of sleep paralysis was kinda scary for me. I couldnt move or talk and it happened twice, which was as soon as i fell asleep. after that second time in a night sat there on my bed looking at the time. One more sleep paralysis involeved being lifted into the air but staying on my room and the was a black figure in the dream....(sigh) for some reason i want to have more sleep paralysis dreams, that involve false awakening

If anyone is interested in hearing those dreams plz email me at [email protected]
edit on 12/16/2010 by AlienDecendants because: forgot about a specific sentence

edit on 12/16/2010 by AlienDecendants because: forgot something

<< 1  2  3   >>

join