It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Final 9/11 Commision report slams FBI CIA avoids blaming Clinton or Bush Administration.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Hoping to avoid partisan attacks, the Sept. 11 commission has drafted a final report that avoids placing blame on individuals in the Bush or Clinton administrations but sharply criticizes the FBI (news - web sites) and intelligence agencies for missteps prior to the catastrophe.

The commissioners who spoke to the AP said the panel wants to avoid blaming individuals to avert charges of partisanship that could undermine their work.
story.news.yahoo.com...=story&u=/ap/20040609/ap_on_re_us/sept_11_commission&cid=519&ncid=716

Well I know that the 9/11 commision was called to investigate the attacks so that they could find the flaws in the intellegince system that led to the attacks. According to the news story the attack could have been avoided with the intelligence the agencies had.

"The failure to thwart the 9/11 catastrophe was in part the result of the failure to communicate both internally and externally about information collected by our intelligence agencies," he said. "Had there been effective use of the information, the possibility exists the 9/11 plot could have been disrupted."

Below is a link to the 9/11 commision website where you can look at the archives of their investigation. Interesting stuff. I want to see the final report myself, but personally I feel that it is b.s. that they will avoid taking on the current and former administrations. How can the president not be somewhat guilty he runs the country.

www.9-11commission.gov...

[edit on 9-6-2004 by Hoppinmad1]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   

How can the president not be somewhat guilty he runs the country.

Bush is too ignorant to run the country. Chaney is the real president, he uses Bush as a puppet.

The whole Bush Administration is corrupt. Bush went into office plotting to start war. 9/11 gave him the perfect reason. In fact I believe Bush (Chaney) is the one responsible for 9/11 anyways.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Basically I think this is saying these people who are on the commision are too friggin scared to attact anyone in the current or former administration. "To avoid partisan attacks" put into common english I think means
(We're scared of the big powerfull democratic and republican commitees and our careers in politics would be over if we attacked either.)

Just like children they had to give an excuse why they are scared. Hence the "undermine their work" thing. Oh well

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
They're all pansies

What exact purpose does the 9/11 commission serve? What good does it do what they come up with?

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
It's not even about intelligence failures. That's just their "brilliant" way to steer the American people away from what really needs to be brought to light; namely, the fact that certain higher-ups BLOCKED the investigations of field agents. Then, after the new OPERATION NORTHWOODS was pulled off, those TRAITORS were PROMOTED.

America better wake up! We're just about at the point of no return.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The CIA failed to tell the FBI that the 9/11 hijackers were in the USA training for terrorism!

The CIA told G W Bush that Saddam still had WMD and they only found a few old shells and a buried fighter jet.

The CIA and NSA and DIA and the other agencies are getting it all wrong and now heads are rolling.

Their duy was to prevent a war, not trigger one!

www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk...

[edit on 9-6-2004 by Supercool]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The many CIA analysts who told the truth were muted by Cheney and Rumsfeld. This is their baby. They should hang for it.

top topics

join