It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

law against extra-terrestrail contact

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
hi all,

i was reading a book the other day and came across an interesting section, which talked about there being a law in the U.S which makes contact between citizens and extra-terrestrials or their vehicles.

It makes reference to (Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations) which states that people violating the law could be fined up to $5000 and jailed for up to 1 year.

It also gives NASA administration the power (with or without a hearing) to detirmine if the person has been 'exposed' and place them under quarantine under armed gaurd, which could not be broken even by a court order.

i was just wondering what peoples thoughts on this are? why they would pass a law like this?

i would assume it would be to protect against possible diseases that may be present outside our atmosphere. But that doesnt explain the part about "...or their vehicles."

edit: well i just been googling and it seems the law was withdrawn after it 'served its purpose' and that The law was passed originally to protect Earth from possible biological contamination resulting from the US Apollo Space Program and other space exploration programs.

That actually seems quite fair, and there doesnt appear to be anything in there about extra-terrestrial vehicles.

Still interested to know why they dont need the law anymore tho. As far as i know space exploration is still very active.

----------------------
LessEvolvedMan

[edit on 9-6-2004 by lemMuppet]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Vehicles refers to containers that contaminants might be carried in for instance, a rock, or some type of collection vessel used by the astronaut.

www.snopes.com...

According to Snopes, that code has been removed since 1991.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Its an interesting concept but nothing too special to me. I've heard about this law on thei history channel believe it or not.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
If its a US law then they must be admitting to know about alines, i mean y would somone say dont touch the fire if there was no such thing as fire.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
It's been awhile since I've read this law, but I think it can be taken to mean any organism not native to America.

Otherwise, this doesn't mean they "know" of alien organisms. Clinton, I think he put it into effect
, could have put in on the book just in case. We're advancing in technology this may become an issue in the future.

[edit on 9-6-2004 by Rev_Godslapper]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
thanks for clearing up the vehicles for me Sinobyte

as Sinobyte pointed out, the legislation was removed in 1991.

it didnt actually refer to 'aliens', but things extra-terrestrial in nature, and they define 'extra-terestrial' in there.

this link contains the legislation/law/whatever its called i believe:
link

and after reading it it would appear the book i read about it in failed to mention many factors about it and made it sound far more interesting that it actualy seems to be. I guess thats what u do to sell a story.

i wonder why its been removed now tho, u would think its still just as applicable now as it was back then.

LessEvolvedMan

[edit on 9-6-2004 by lemMuppet]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This law was real. It was passed just before the moon landings, so anyone that went to the moon could be forced into quarantine. It doesn't make exposure to aliens illegal. Extraterrestrial in this law does not mean extraterrestrial biological entity, it means extraterrestrial, as in outside earth, off-world. I repeat NOT aliens.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Problem is the government at times uses wording which are interpreted differently by ufologists. Another example is Bill Clinton's "Presidential Executive Order 13112" concerning control of noxious weeds to protect the Florida everglades. The wording "invasive species" "alien species" etc. was looked upon as referring to aliens!

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
it could be interpreted as double speak that politicians use, with nothing being defined, so depending on which body of the government is interpreting the law, it could be bent to that institution's will.

top topics

join