It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Makes US Strong - Says Bush, the Draft Dodging Warmonger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

While producing new material for his upcoming documentary "South of the Border," which explores the history of political and social movements in Latin America, Stone sat down to interview former Argentina president Néstor Kirchner.

The subject inevitably turned to George W. Bush, the subject of Stone's creative nonfiction feature "W". In front of a film crew, Kirchner confided to Stone that the former U.S. president once directly told him, "The best way to revitalize the economy is war."

"We had a discussion in Monterrey. I said that a solution for the problems right now, I told Bush, is a Marshall Plan," he claimed to have suggested. "And he got angry. He said the Marshall Plan is a crazy idea of the Democrats. He said the best way to revitalize the economy is war, and that the United States has grown stronger with war."

Asked to clarify, Kirchner added: "He said that. Those were his exact words."

"Was he suggesting that South America go to war?" the director asked.

"Well, he was talking about the United States," Kirchner replied. "The Democrats had been wrong. All of the economic growth of the United States had been encouraged by the various wars."

"It is worth noting that despite the prosecution of two major wars, there was very minimal net job growth during Bush’s tenure as president," Think Progress added. "And of course, he bequeathed an economy that suffered massive job losses in his wake."

rawstory.com...

Interestingly, despite his fondness for dressing-up like an extra from Top Gun and posing with wildly-inflated cod-piece on aircraft carriers --- Dubya never suffered so much as a scratch or blister as millions were killed and maimed on his orders in Iraq

Then, having inflicted carnage of Biblical proportions -- he sailed off into a sunset of insanely-rewarded speaking engagements

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Seriously, why isn't Dubya dead? Most times in history when someone destroys a country and commits treason to highest degree, they're murdered in some satisfactory way for the teeming masses. However, this dickhead retard coke fiend gets to wander off and continue to peddle his evil rhetoric for millions of dollars. It's things like this that make me wish the bombs would hurry up and fall.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

lol nice rewrite of history. and as sad as it is, war is very profitable if its not on your shores. problem is, now war is an expensive high tech endevor, and we dont need to manufacture as much so using jobs to base economic growth might not be a good barometer anymore, as sad as that might be for me and you.

but here is even more bad news, bush hasnt been in office for almost two years, i miss the days when we could just hate bush and that be enought too! simpler times, but he isnt president anymore and now the only person you could hate for what is happening now is the current one.

even worse news, all the technology we have and developed that revolutionized our world was developed and made by the military industrial complex, from jet engines to internet to computers, good ol us of a military inovation. aweful huh? i know you wish al gore and green peace made all of that but they didnt. marshal plan was a waste of money!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by PatesHatriots

and the country is not destroyed either, base line we are in a good position, strong experienced and supplied military, no one is starving , they are just out of a job, and even in the depths of thsi depression we all still have a computer to complain about it with. this isnt even the worst depression ever hit either, their were way worse ones before that could be measured with dead dying and starving

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
War does not bring prosperity, even if you win.
Which America never does.........

What war does is consume taxpayer money and put it into the pockets of the ultra wealthy military industrial complex owners.

Nothing tangible is left out of all that taxpayer money for the taxpayers.

If it had been spent on building roads, hospitals, schools, and funding business and agriculture, and especially to promote competitive exports and improve balance of trade, it could have vastly enriched America as a nation.

But firing million dollar a pop cruise missiles against third world countries achieves nothing to improve the living standard of America or Americans.

It is just an ever expanding black hole of corruption and politics into which money is poured achieving absolutely nothing.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
It too bad we did not engage the full Axis of Evil

We need more war, war is good and blood is free

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Huh?...
...the "leader of the free world" says what?....Good God!....note to nation: never elect a dry drunk again...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
What ended the great depression?

FDR's massive social(ist) programs OR World War 2.

Answer: FDR extended the depression...World War 2 ended it.

To those who think war is never the answer....You are wrong. Just too much for the liberal mind to comprehend.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatesHatriots
Seriously, why isn't Dubya dead? Most times in history when someone destroys a country and commits treason to highest degree, they're murdered in some satisfactory way for the teeming masses. However, this dickhead retard coke fiend gets to wander off and continue to peddle his evil rhetoric for millions of dollars. It's things like this that make me wish the bombs would hurry up and fall.

Profanity and Censor Circumvention on the Rise

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why do angry liberals always feel the need to curse?

Disgusting!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The more I thought about this, it dawned on me that those words out of Bush's mouth were spit on the graves of all the dead soldiers who fought in his wars. Was "revitalizing" the economy the "noble cause" for which Casey Sheehan and others died?

Of course, maybe these words were spoken before the $8+ Billion ...Billion!... of $ on the pallets ...were "lost" ....just "lost"...in Iraq.

Let's see, excise taxes to help pay for the Revolutionary War, 1861 personal income tax started to pay for Civil War, and then taxes/borrowing to pay for WW1, WW2, Korea, Viet Nam, ....

Yes, military/space research has spun off civilian uses, and we do need a military, but a military is misused if it's thought of as going to war as an economy "revitalization" program. In fact, Mr. President, you let Rumsfeld go to war in Iraq on the cheap, with disastrous results!

I read years ago that the Spanish economy suffered because it ended up costing more to transport the gold and silver to Europe than the value of the cargo. What fools we...you, Sir, ....are to think war over resources will revitalize an economy.

Well, Sir, after 9-11 your plan for us was for us to go shopping, so I should not be surprised at your comments to a foreign leader.

And, Sir, the American middle class was helped to grow by govt programs to help returning WW2 GIs buy homes and further their education.

No, Sir, war is never a good idea. It wasn't a good idea to you either at one time, when you got out of going to Viet Nam.

Oh, and BTW, the US military is finally starting to go Green. What a shame it hadn't done so 30 years ago. We would continue to be the world leader into the 21st century, instead of playing catch up after 30 years of an oil based energy policy.

top topics

join