It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

404 thread's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
How do I find a missing thread that once existed? Trying to find this one:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
But it 404's.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by staple

That typically means the thread was trash-binned.

(or)

Moved to RATS.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by staple

If it comes up with a 404 it means the thread was deleted.

Many reasons surface as to why that happens, from several threads on that topic, to exact duplicate threads based upon an article, to something that was against the terms and conditions of ATS in some way, shape, or form.

It happens.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Learning lots today. Where is RATS? I know BTS but RATS I am unfamiliar with.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by staple

R.A.T.S. is Really Above Top Secret.

Follow the link within the blue words above.

I have only had 2 threads Trash Binned in my 5 years on here.

I got the 404 message both times.

If I were you I would think of the topic you wrote it about in reference to ATS terms and conditions.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Well, I managed to purchase a pass to RATS for 500 points... Found it after snooping a bit.. What got me here was that a mod had given me applause for 500 points for contributing to a thread. I cannot recall the response I had riven and wanted to see it but it 404'd. Per suggestions, I will search RATS for the topic but it looks like it was deleted.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by staple
Well, I managed to purchase a pass to RATS for 500 points... Found it after snooping a bit.. What got me here was that a mod had given me applause for 500 points for contributing to a thread. I cannot recall the response I had riven and wanted to see it but it 404'd. Per suggestions, I will search RATS for the topic but it looks like it was deleted.
That sounds like a good deal, apparently it used to cost 5000 points:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Ahabstar
reply to post by GAOTU789

It is still listed at 5000, but I think it was reduced to a 500 point cost after the mini DISC meeting on the first drug topics forum. Not sure about the 250 per month access as that may have been changed as well to zero or may be zero for those that bought in at the 5000 point fee. I really never pay attention to my points since they were removed from the mini-profiles in threads.

I don't know if that was 5000 points for a lifetime subscription and now it's 500 points a month, or what. How long do you get access for your 500 points, do you know? Different posters in that thread seem to have different ideas about the RATS points and nobody seems really sure what the overall deal is except what they personally paid in points. But I just checked and it does show 500 but it doesn't say of that's just for one month or what.

If the topic isn't in RATS it was probably deleted.

Sometimes people use really stupid thread titles like "This is really cool" so even if you do a search to make sure the thread you're posting isn't a duplicate, sometimes the original thread doesn't come up in the search.

And if it wasn't a duplicate then it would probably be a T&C violation is my guess.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Reaching a 404 error page more than likely means the thread was trashed. And a thread would be trashed for either violating
ATS Terms and Conditions of Use or possibly being a duplicate.

[edit on May 30th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The Obama and Bush both gay thread just got 404-ed.

Can anybody tell me why? I think it didn't break any rules.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
i was just posting to a thread talking about 2012 and I gave a very in depth answer. It was trashed as well? What is going on here at ATS? Two threads in the same day are trashed?
Did the orginal posters delete those threads? I am against censorship even if it makes someone look ignorant or bigoted. I really think most ATSers are smart enough to know what is utter BS.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
As I said above. A thread will be trashed if it goes against ATS Terms and Conditions of Use.

This forum is not to file complaints. If you have a complaint use the ATS Complaint/Suggestion Form.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join