It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is that an Epiphany? :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I'll submit to you what has just been "revealed" to me... LOL

I began reading FortAnthem's thread "Was Pope Paul VI replaced with an actor?" (29-05-2010)www.abovetopsecret.com... and in it, there was a link to "Siri Thesis - The Pope in Red"(14-12-2009), also from FortAnthem.www.abovetopsecret.com...

And, eventually, I ended here... www.tldm.org...

This last link is about the Apocalypse/Revelations and the 3rd Secret of Fatima.

At one point, the Lady of the Roses is saying that we should read the Apocalypse by St-John and Revelations, and read it and read it again, and that while doing it, the Holy Spirit would come upon us, etc. The Lady of the Roses is insisting that we read those books until it is fully memorized, so we can recall it to our memories. And while reading that, the following came to me...

The repeating of the reading could induce some kind of hypno-trance that somehow alters your state of consciousness, like shamans do, as described here, in the paragraph tittled Extasy or Altered States of Consciousness.
books.google.ca... jdvQr_cThKoN6Dm5Ywc&hl=en&ei=AtcBTP-iM4GBlAfc9omjCA&sa=X&oi=b

I know there is no chanting and all that usually goes with it; I guess you could say more yoga like... except yoga uses extreme physical discomfort to ease the altering of consciousness, when the mind detaches itself from the body's painful sensations, like in an accident.

So, it is likely to be a trigger of some sort, using words and rhymes until the Holy Spirit is upon you.

The fact it is written in many different languages is of no importance since all languages derive from the same source, the root words being what matters.

What say you,ATS?

[edit on 29-5-2010 by Aresh Troxit]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
So are you saying this is a good thing? Or something that we should stay away from?

[edit on 29-5-2010 by onequestion]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Any suggestion or statement
given by self or others
to a relaxed or tired mind
IS hypnotic.

repetition, arguing, pleasuring, droning, grooving, TV news, etc.

All hypnotic.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Hello to both of you!

Onequestion, I do not know for sure. It is said it is to help us... Maybe to go through the Tribulations, or to change the mind setting for the After...

Ethericplane, yes, it is, but in this case, we are asked to do it for our sakes...

Joining with onequestion question (!), it is said that Mary is a mask for an older divinity. ( Not sure which one... ) It may very well be a deception...

Aah!, dualistic universe!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The following is a document from the Vatican on proper methods of Christian prayer and meditation, along with warnings about some eastern meditation practices:

LETTER TO THE BISHOPS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH ON SOME ASPECTS OF CHRISTIAN MEDITATION

Many Christians today have a keen desire to learn how to experience a deeper and authentic prayer life despite the not inconsiderable difficulties which modern culture places in the way of the need for silence, recollection and meditation. The interest which in recent years has been awakened also among some Christians by forms of meditation associated with some eastern religions and their particular methods of prayer is a significant sign of this need for spiritual recollection and a deep contact with the divine mystery. Nevertheless, faced with this phenomenon, many feel the need for sure criteria of a doctrinal and pastoral character which might allow them to instruct others in prayer, in its numerous manifestations, while remaining faithful to the truth revealed in Jesus, by means of the genuine Tradition of the Church. This present letter seeks to reply to this urgent need, so that in the various particular Churches the many different forms of prayer, including new ones, may never lose their correct personal and communitarian nature.

Read more: EWTN

That's just the intro, follow the link for the whole document.

BTW; this was written under the pontificate of John Paul II so I can't vouch for it's faithfulness to Catholic tradition.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Aresh Troxit

I want to learn more about the Mary deception... there is something here that i have been trying to learn but cannot put my finger on it. This may be for another topic... mybe you could start a discussion on this subject?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I adhere to your BTW!
As I said in the OP, it would be different in methodology, but very similar in results to shamanism and yoga, or any other kind of religious undertaking.

It is so funny to see the Catholic church ( Catholic meaning Universal ) is always trying to look different from the other religions while using many of their symbols...

LOL Thanks for your visit, FortAnthem! You literally inspired this thread with the ones you wrote and that I mentioned in the OP. I just noticed your name... Oups!

[edit on 29-5-2010 by Aresh Troxit]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

If you write "Mary Deception" in ATS's search engine, I think you will have a lot on your hands to read, my friend!
And from the looks of it, there are more than a few that addressed the question.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Your thread reminds me of the book Occult Phenomena in the Light of Theology (Hardcover) by ~ Alois Wiesinger (Author).

This is an awesome book which explores the subject of supernatural activity using Catholic theology as it's guide.

The premise of the book is that, at the time of Adam before the fall, men were whole, body and soul interacting perfectly, this interaction giving man preternatural abilities from the soul. This mainly comes from the soul's ability to know things intuitively, while the physical body must learn through the intellect. The soul was able to know everything about something simply by coming in contact with it.

Once mankind sinned, the body and soul connection became clouded, the soul was trapped inside the body, unable to interact with anything beyond the flesh and mankind lost many of the preternatural abilities. Man's use of the intellect and the senses became the norm of the way man learned of his surroundings. The connection with the soul and its intuitive knowledge became so clouded that man regarded intuition as inaccurate and unreliable, thus, over time, learning to ignore this faculty.

The book states that people can learn to pay better attention to the messages of the soul and extend the soul beyond the limits of the body by suppressing the intellect through physical exhaustion, meditation and certain drugs.

The book is well worth reading and I highly recommend it.

[edit on 6/9/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Thanks for the link. I will look into it!
( I did. I'll see if the library has copies of it.
)

Concerning your last paragraph, I had a discussion with my dad today about "listening more to the little voice inside", and how we sometimes go against it, and ultimately "pay the price".
Or listening to hear the answer to a prayer.

And concerning humans, we are individuals, or, as I like to put it, indivisible dualities. We can be clouded, but not separated.

new topics

top topics

join