It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FRUITY FACTS and the natural TAMIFLU/ACILLINS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Recently I have been looking into healthier fruits that I may have not tried before, I have been searching up all about different ones etc and found some things that just don't add up, on every site it says that most fruits can aid against cancers, etc fishy, every website tells you this how weird, anyways back on track I found a few interesting things

Star anise is used in the making of Tamiflu

It can be applied externally for the treatment of many skin diseases. The fruit is helpful in digestion and is also used to prevent colic in babies. Star-anise is also used to extract Shikimic Acid which is used for making antiviral medicines for the Tami flu and also for the prevention of avian influenza. In addition, it is also used as a diuretic medicine. Star-anise can also be used to cure stomach aches caused by the accumulation of intestinal gas. This versatile fruit also helps in preventing headaches and promoting good health and vitality.
www.diethealthclub.com...

Like with every other fruit or garlic every fruit has it's benefits to our health, so why are we paying the odds for medicine and vaccines when we have some in our own back yard or shops ,
some people think eating cooked garlic is good but its not it needs to be raw

I have seen some weird and wonderful fruits online
this is my fave weirdest one
www.cookingforengineers.com...

with all this BS we eat from packets and cartons and concentrated crap is a waste of money, why are we not all eating the magic fruits of mother natures creation.

Did you know a kiwi has more calcium and vits than an Orange!?

anyways I've swapped my whole food rota round to include many more fruits and fresh meals to my menus to help me stay in control of health.

when i shop I usually buy

garlic
mushrooms
tomatoes
bananas
plantain
dragon fruit
blueberries
coconuts
potatoes
green leafy veg
rocket
sometimes i buy coconut oil for mild curries too
avacado for fresh thai chicken
red onions

so far looks like I'm getting there, has anyone else got a comment about fruits etc and nutrition

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz
Did you know a kiwi has more calcium and vits than an Orange!?

The vitamin content of produce varies. The nutrients in the soil affect the nutrients in the fruit and veges. The storage conditions affect them. Every 24 hours your orange or kiwi fruit will lose about half of its vitamin C.

So, regardless of the nutrition on paper, always choose the freshest, and nothing beats home grown.

The minimum recommended dietary allowance (RDA) for calcium for adults is 1000 mg, 1300 if you are pregnant or under 19, 1200 for older people.
orthopedics.about.com...

Kiwi Fruit and Oranges average 23 and 52 mg respectively.
www.healthalternatives2000.com...

So an 18 year old needs to eat 25 oranges or 57 kiwi fruit to obtain their RDA of this mineral.

(Oranges also contain, on average, more vitamin C than Kiwi Fruit, so I don't know where you're getting your numbers from.)

Fruit is yummy and good for us but there's not much point in worrying about their comparative nutritional content. Better to just pick a good variety of the freshest fruits you enjoy.

As for using foods and herbs as medicine ...

There's been lots more research into this than your GP will know about, and the "old wives" from whom the old wives' tales come were not stupid.

If all the money spent researching patentable drugs had been put into researching the medicinal uses of plants, the human race would be far healthier than we are today.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
too bad you need protien and b17 to live
eat meat , its the only known source of protien.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by super genius

While I am a pro-meat person myself, I have to point out that the above statement is horribly incorrect. There are many sources of protein, it just so happens that meat is one of the more concentrated and usable forms.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by super genius
too bad you need protien and b17 to live

Is this a joke?

If not, please either educate yourself or stick to watching the kiddie shows.

Protein can be found in eggs and dairy products, but can also be found in soy products, legumes, lentils, nuts, seeds and whole grains.
. . .

Many individuals are concerned about receiving adequate protein quality containing complete sources of essential amino acids. This is because many vegetarian sources of protein do not contain combinations of amino acids that are found in complete forms in animal products. However, by combining different foods containing limited amino acids, a complete and healthy vegetarian meal can provide you with an ideal protein intake. Consider the following vegetarian combinations:

* Legumes such as beans, peas, and lentils contain the limited tryptophan and methionine amino acids. A combination of legumes with grains, nuts, and seeds can provide a complete protein balance. Consider a meal that includes combinations such as lentil soup and cornbread.

* Grains such as rice, wheat, oats, barley, corn and rye contain lysine, isoleucine, threoninethe amino acids which can be combine with legumes and dairy products for a complete protein intake. Consider a vegetarian meal that combines kidney beans and rice or grain cereals with milk.

* Nuts and Seeds including almonds cashews filberts, walnuts, pumpkin, sesame, and sunflower seeds contain lysine and isoleucine amino acids which are best combined with legumes and dairy. Examples of these meals include kidney bean soup with sesame seeds.

www.epigee.org...

Laetrile/ Vitamin B17 is particularly prevalent in the seeds of those fruits in the Prunus Rosacea family (bitter almond, apricot, blackthorn, cherry, nectarine, peach and plum.) It is found in natural foods which contain nitriloside and has been used and studied extensively for well over 100 years. It is also contained in grasses, maize, sorghum, millet, cassava, linseed, apple seeds, and many other foods that, generally, have been deleted from the menus of modern civilization.

www.b17.com.au...

Edited to add that these pips are not safe to eat in large quantities as they contain cyanide. Laetrile is used non-medically to treat cancer, but is an unproven method. It's not actually a vitamin, and possibly not necessary for good health.

Laetrile is a name for Beta-cyanophoric glycosides. They comprise molecules made of sugar, hydrogen cyanide, a benzene ring or an acetone. Though the intact molecule is for all practical purposes completely non-toxic, it may be hydrolyzed by Beta-glycosidase to a sugar, free hydrogen cyanide, benzaldehyde or acetone.
curezone.com...

[edit on 30/5/10 by Kailassa]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
weight watchers tell you that white chicken and red meat is very bad for you with all the chemicals and fats.

The people that I have known to not eat meat go very skinny and lose essential nutrition.

It doesn;t matter if we need 25 fruits a day getting a couple is just a start.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

Great thread. Thanks for all of the information. Now if the whole of ats can read this. Well ? We'll be better off.

top topics

join