It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old Abduction Accounts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Hey, guys. Hows things?

Ummm... I was watching the Ancient Aliens series on History and became intrigued when they relayed an old abduction account. So, I decided to dig in on it and I found a few worth sharing here at ATS. Didn't net any search results.

Mainly I thought this might be a good idea so we can hopefully get past the notion a lot of skeptics have about how modern alien abduction accounts are all based off the Betty and Barney Hill case of 1961. You see, these accounts are hundreds of years old. I will try to stick with common themes such as missing time, medical experiments, etc. in an effort to make a case for alien abduction. (Begs the question)... Yes, it does. But I'm biased as an experiencer myself. Enjoy.

March, 1639. Boston, Massachusetts

Quote from John Winthrop's journal is really all there is on this one. For those who don't know, John Winthrop was the Governor of the Massachusetts Bay Colony from the year 1639 to 1648 and although published 100 years after his death his journal is still one of the best sources for colonial history in America. en.wikipedia.org...

This is the account of James Everell and his two companions. "In this year (1639) one James Everell, a sober, discreet man, and two others, saw a great light in the night at Muddy River. When it stood still, it flamed up, and was about three yards square; when it ran it was contracted into the figure of a swine: it ran swift as an arrow towards Charlton, and so up and down about two or three hours. They were come down in their lighter about a mile, and when it was over, they found themselves carried quite back against the tide to the place they came from. Diverse other credible persons saw the same light, after, about the same place."

Here we have missing time. I say that because according to the men in the story, they followed this light for about two hours downstream and when it was all over they were right back at their launch point.The description of a light that looked like a swine was interesting as well. The History channel show gave an explanation that I think is perfectly plausible. That being the "swine" may have been an oval shaped object with four legs or skids aglow.

Here's what I think happened. These gents were approached by something and taken aboard. When they saw the legs of that "swine" they saw UFO about to land. So while they were aboard, somehow they were under some sort of mind control and their memories led them to believe they had watched from boat the entire time. When it was all over, they were returned to their starting point. This is a common theme in many modern abduction accounts.

Whatever it was it was reported by a Governor who says it was witnessed by a large number of "credible" people... Almost 400 years ago.

What do you guys think? I've got a list of more of these but I think I'll wait and see how this thread goes before I write any more of them up.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I'm glad you brought this up
as it relates to a question I
have had for a while.

Most of the abduction stories I read
about happened prior to 9/11.

Has anybody heard any details of
RECENT abduction cases???
I'm not talking about a car being
picked up, but a real snatch and grab
where they actually went on
a space craft.

It would appear to me these abduction
cases have ever dried up or dwindled
over time. Have they got all the DNA
they need from us???

If you've heard of recent stuff, can you post some links
to those stories. Thanks

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

My experience happened recently.
Although I'm not certain what it was. I don't really think they've dried up. Ummm... just google alien abduction.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Please post more old encounters. I know these things have been reported for a very long time. Long before airoplanes were invented, flying objects have been reported. Fascinating!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I have read of many older abduction accounts and also some post 9/11 humanoid encounters/abductions at this site: www.ufoinfo.com...

The humanoid sighting reports at this url are very interesting, as is the rest of the site.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Guess there just aren't that many who find the old stuff interesting. Hmmm... Oh well.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

You might be interested in a book by UFO researcher Jacques Vallee called "Passport to Magonia." It's an anecdotal recounting of various myths and folklore (most notably stories about fairies) and the similarities between those old stories and the modern abduction phenomenon.

I thought it was an excellent book that doesn't really set out to answer any questions, but instead raise others and let you come to your own conclusions. It's out of print, unfortunately, but you can still buy copies via Amazon Marketplace and I'm sure on e-bay.

www.amazon.com...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I can add a book tip pertaining to the op too:

Flying Saucers: A Modern Myth of Things Seen in the Sky

By Carl Gustav Jung

One of the most intruiging things I've ever read in my whole life. Although Jung tends, at least in the early phases when he wrote this book, to a psychological explanation of abductions he does cite numerous historical cases.

www.buch.ch... 22-7/ID3177410.html?jumpId=8931031

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by cagliostro
You might be interested in a book by UFO researcher Jacques Vallee called "Passport to Magonia." It's an anecdotal recounting of various myths and folklore (most notably stories about fairies) and the similarities between those old stories and the modern abduction phenomenon.

Cagliostro, that is indeed a great book and there's a free E-copy of it at this link.

As for early abduction accounts there's an interesting one here from Australia in 1933.

An Aboriginal abduction experience.

Australian mysteries researcher Rex Gilroy records an intriguing tale allegedly from 1933 that reportedly involved an aboriginal woman in a UFO abduction experience at the isolated locality of Discovery Well, on the northern edge of the Great Sandy Desert, in Western Australia.

The story echoes the tribal legends and traditions of men and women being abducted by "sky gods" or "culture heros" in the dreamtime and the initiation experiences of aboriginal "men of high degree" or shamans.

In Rex Gilroy's account, the aboriginal woman claimed her tribe had been frightened off from Discovery Well when a "large shiny egg" suddenly came down out of the sky. In broad daylight the strange object flew low over them. Several beings, described as strange, grey-skinned and man like, came out of the "egg". The woman said she was "stunned" by an object carried by one of the beings. Her story indicates she was carried aboard . Inside the "egg" the interior was glowing. She was strapped to a shining table and apparently "experimented with". The woman told stockmen of her experience, but perhaps not surprisingly they laughed at her.

Link

Cheers.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Thanks for posting this. It is fascinating to read about abduction accounts and UFO sightings prior to the Industrial Age.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Thanks for linking the free e-copy of "Passport to Magonia." Looks like that entire thread you link to is another valuable resource of UFO information. Though I've only been a member for a short time, I recognize your posts to be the richest and most informative in this topic. Cheers!

join