It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavy metal problem in Iran?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Not sure if this is the appropriate thread, BUT, something that came to mind as I watched these metal videos, that as clearly as stated the music they play is forbidden in Iran.

Now, the thoughts that came to my mind were:
'There must be people in their countries who are indeed rebels to the status quo, who want to do what they want to do and see no reason why they should not do that thing.

Perhaps there are people in Iran and elsewhere in the middle east that do home brew alcoholic beverages in a bucket in the closet as well....
Well, whatever. Just to perhaps illustrate a point, what ever the point may be, however....

Just thinking that just because ahjeminijad, however the hell it is spelled, ( ya know what, i could look up the correct spelling, but you people know who I am talking about?
( Whatchu talkin' bout Willis???)
runs the country the way he does. does not mean there are not Americans and Canadians there (in spirit) that wish to be what they wish to be.

Behold:
The sound is bad, it may not be your kind of music, but these guys like to do what they want to do, they are just like us, they are not politicians.

Heavy metal thrash bands do not cause war.

Iranian people are people, just like us, they did not choose there government.
So think twice before you think it would be a good idea to bomb Iran.

Here they are:ARSAMES
Not sure what is original that they play, but hey, they are rebels, they believe in freedom too.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Iranian death metal? Hell ya. Thanks for posting this, will give it a listen.
Mosh pit the mullahs into submission

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
cool thread! big metalhead here! I watched a documentary about the metal movement in Iran a while back and it was great!, well if you like metal. there are metal musicians over there that have been murdered because of their music.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Hey, hell yeah, I like them.
What they do is frowned upon in their country.
They deserve support.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

I just listened to them and they freakin' kick ass!!! I'm gonna have to get their album.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

First of all, western music is only forbidden in public and yes, I agree that this is stupid. However, western countries including America have some absurd laws as well. Like narcotics, public sex, underage drinking, drunk in public, public nudity, etc...

I like how people always try and pick on the laws of the Middle East while not even realizing how absurd the laws are in their own countries. These laws about western music might sound absolutely crazy to you but someone else might think it's absolutely crazy that you can walk down the street naked or that a 20 year old can't drink alcohol. Some foreigners might find you oppressed because you can go to prison for being in possession of a weed.

Furthermore, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is the democratically elected President of Iran. Yes, Iran is a democracy, one of the more stable ones and one of the democracies that actually works. This is awesome seeing how America has stamped out democracy in this nation before, installing the Shah, a harsh and brutal dictator who spread oppression through-out the land. Massive human rights abuses were committed by this Shah as America watched him spread tyranny and rape the nation's resources and economy for American corporate profit. All in all, Iran is a democracy and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was elected by the people of Iran. If Iranians wanted to change their situation, they would, just as they changed the Shah, only this time they can actually vote their government out of office.

--airspoon

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Saying the Iranian people is "dangerous" like their leader is like saying every Americans are morons like GWB. It just ain't.

If you ask me, I've seen more bad stuff from the States towards Canada than from Iran... Who should I call the enemy here? ( And I mean bad stuff, but that would be for another thread...
)

Great point of view, OP!
Oh, I understood as much of the lyrics of the Iranian Heavy Metal Band that I do with English or French ones!...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Seems to me like there will always be complaints, no matter what country your in. However the fact that Some people can get murdered over a small offense that would be handled differently in another country just seems to make this world more screwed up then ever before. Could be religious propaganda at work, or the invasion of personal freedoms.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Sure, they can listen to it in private but can't play it in public. How is that a democracy?

The Iranians are free to do what they want as far as Democratic elections. I just think it's cool that there is death metal from that region.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I'm not sure it's as simple as saying the CIA caused all their problems, and that they are all Western liberals at heart.
From what I've seen here, Shiite Muslims are fanatical, and will flog, cut and pierce themselves at certain festivals.
They sometimes even send small boys to do that, and they believe if the child dies he is blessed.
I'm sure there is a clash in Iran between more moderate/liberal people and the fanatics.
However, ultimately Iran is like a Vatican for the Shiite people, and their Ayatollah is like the Pope.
It's not a regular democracy, and probably never will be, despite all the liberal citizens.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
iv watched a doc. about a metal band from iraq that had to struggle through the war to play they're shows. wish i could remember the name of the band. they where given death threats and the works but they keep the metal faith. id like to see the reaction of the crowd if a band covered megadeth's holywars over there.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

join