It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urgent message from the Na'vi to James Cameron re oil disaster

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Mr. Cameron,

This is an urgent message from the Na’vi. We need your help. We are under siege!

The drilling operation of a greedy multi-national corporation has gone very wrong. As a direct result our environment is being destroyed. A conservative estimate puts the daily crude oil spill at 20'000 barrels a day. That is a staggering 840'000 gallons. The ramifications for the environment are not even calculable at this point - some believe that this might be an extinction event. All we know is that without ocean-life, we are doomed.

We have come to distrust the "live" underwater feed from the corporation. We think they are not showing us the real damage. We need independent "eyes" on the sea floor so we can asses the situation. Unfortunately we don’t posses the technology to go there, but you do ...

We know that you have the means and expertise to launch a submarine that would be capable of showing us an uncensored live-feed from the seabed. Luckily, the disaster is happening outside of federal waters (12 nautical miles). You wouldn’t need a permit from the authorities to launch an operation.

We hear that your depiction of our lives in the movie "Avatar“ was a great success. We hope that you won’t forget about us in our hour of need. Please prepare to launch a submarine now. Let us know what is really going on at that disaster site, so we can take appropriate measures.

Thank you,

The Na’vi

Please flag, so the message will go to Mr. Cameron.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I don't see how flagging this will have James Cameron receiving this message.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

More popularity = the better the chances of him (or somebody in his circle of friends) actually hearing about it.

+4 more 
posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

Please flag, so the message will go to Mr. Cameron

I don't think that is a good idea...the more attention this 'Letter' gets, the more people will realize how lame it is and laugh it off.

I think the best bet is to overnight-it to his studio - they will most likely put it in the shredder, but you never know...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
FINALLY A REAL SOLUTION!

GET JAMES CAMERON TO FIX IT!

I hope this post was in jest...

+12 more 
posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
FINALLY A REAL SOLUTION!

GET JAMES CAMERON TO FIX IT!

I hope this post was in jest...

I think Chuck Norris would do a much better job.

and after he scares the oil into rushing back down the well, we could get him to roundhouse kick the bp chief.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Get that man from jim will fix it.

a very old tv show. hes kind of old and weird.

way before my time.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
S+F

Mr. Cameron, I hope you get this letter.

The world could sure use some truth right about now...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Since BP is a british multi-national firm the british government shares some responsibility in the mess. How much? I don't know because I am not a lawyer.

All I know is that BP has a poor track record in safety and they have caused disasters in the past! Neither britain or the usa has a government "by the people, for the people" and corporations get away with murder.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
LOL! I hope my flag and star helps you in getting this well thought out letter to James Cameron. I'm sure all he was waiting on was a letter from some plucky ATSer, way to think outside the box my friend. Oil disaster Solved!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I tired to take the letter seriously. I read it three times and each time the Na'vi are mentioned I cant help but snicker. Oil spewing sucks but there are richer people out there to beg to send a submarine out.

I think radio shack sells them.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by SiKFury]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
wait!, is there some conspiracy about the avatar movie that i haven't read about here on ats??

this letter makes no sense...i must be missing something lol

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by toepick

I don't think it's that you're missing something...

I think you have something the writer of this letter lacks.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
YES!

Think like The Na’vi !!! I like it!!!

Mother nature is bleeding badly.

Loved the letter - not sure if mr cameron is inclined or not or if it would even matter to our corporate leaders.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Thank you for your responses. I hope this video below will explain more. Mr. Cameron is no Superman. He can't fix the problem, but he has the means to give us an objective view of the site. It is something that BP doesn't do IMHO.

www.ted.com...

[edit on 29-5-2010 by AllIsOne]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Please flag, so the message will go to Mr. Cameron.

Um ... Seriously?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Yep! Unless you have his direct email address I don't see any other way how this could get his (or his people's) attention.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Who wrote that letter? Was it you?

If you're serious - put it on u-tube.

Don't be lazy - Go big, or Go home.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by thecrow001

.... Yeah... Jewelery jewelery, rattle rattle.... I think Bob the builder would be better but would probaby smack Obama for stealing his catch phrase....

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I Googled some of the sentences in the OP to make sure this wasnt some Cracked.com article.

It should be you should submit it to them or something. Every time i read it I laugh harder. I know i shouldnt, but come on brotha.

S&F for you for putting a smile on my face today.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join