It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not all Hoaxes: Mexican UFO's and Jaime Maussan

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky

GeminiSky.....

Maussan has his snout shoved well & truly in the trough of junk ufology.

Maussan is a serial pest who knowingly promotes hoaxes & other extremely dubious & questionable material, thereby making us all look like idiots to the less well informed people "looking in" on this vexed topic of UFO's.

Maussan discredits the whole field of ufology by being flippant & careless & wilfully disingenuous.

It is impossible that someone with his level of experience in this subject matter & his level of intelligence is doing any of this by accident.

Here’s some reading material that encompasses just a few of the occasions when Maussan knew he was promoting disproven material for his own advantage:

1. MAUSSAN METEPEC CREATURE HOAX

The Jaime Maussan Metepec creature has been confirmed as a hoax.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

2. MAUSSAN HOAX POST BY INTERNOS:

Internos reminded me of this post in which he demolishes Maussan.....

Originally posted by internos
About Maussan's reliability i'd say that he has some issues to say the least: he should never be takens seriously, IMHO.

Some Maussan's claims and facts:

• CLAIM: Maussan claims the photo below was the best photo ever taken of a giant UFO in space.

FACT: The photo appearing in the October 6, 1997 issue of "Contacto Ovni Magazine" is actually that of a galaxy forming, not a UFO.

• CLAIM: Maussan claims 'Dr.Reed' UFO case is real and scientific evidence supports it. Maussan claims his alleged intelligence contacts within the military warned him that the case is real and very dangerous. Maussan takes 'Dr.Reed' on a national speaking tour of Mexico and creates a media campaign to promote the case. These speaking engagements sell out at many locations.

FACT: 'Dr.Reed' and his entire case have been exposed as a fraud. Maussan is challenged to produce his alleged scientific evidence and fails. Maussan and associates claim to have thoroughly investigated 'Dr.Reed' and to have established his claims, evidence, and witnesses. Claims of an alleged alien device being of extraterrestrial origin are never proven in spite of Maussan claiming the bunk device utilized advanced nano-technology. Not a grain of proof is ever forthcoming from Maussan to back any of his claims.

• CLAIM: Maussan was saying that UFO video shot from a helicopter in New York City was real and had been analyzed.

FACT: Video was a hoax produced by the Sci-Fi Channel.

• CLAIM: Publicly stated it had been confirmed that the comet Hale-Bopp was bringing giant motherships to evacuate the planet.

FACT: No mother ships, planet still here along with population. Hale-Bopp UFO hoax exposed as a fraud by Jeff Rense.

• CLAIM: Maussan said he had radar tapes confimrming presence of UFOs in Mexico's airspace.

FACT: To date, no such evidence has been brought forward.

• CLAIM: Maussan claims that he investigated a case where an airliner collided with a UFO in Mexico. Also claimed that "tons" of evidence and documents supported the case.

FACT: No evidence was ever produced.

• CLAIM: Promoted alleged alien photo as being real and impossible to replicate.

FACT: Photo was easily replicated. Maussan, in spite of being told it was fake prior to the story running at Rense.com, insisted the photo was genuine even after being told it was a fake.

• CLAIM: Maussan said there were gigantic UFO motherships orbiting the planet disguised as stars.

FACT: When asked for proof, Maussan exclaimed that was why the stars in the night sky moved - because they were UFOs!

See also

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 29-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
This is not in any way about this thread in particular, but has anyone noticed that when certain individuals get too close to the truth, a comprehensive smear campaign is launched against the by the PTB and all the people that they control under them? (publishing cos, paid dis info agents, etc...)

It sometimes seems to me that when I look at an official list of Hoaxers, makes me think, wow these are the guys that I thought were the closest to the actual truth...

It would just make sense that the mass media (including online forums as well) support flawed UFO alien theories and completely try to discredit the ones that come close to the actual reality of it all....

Again not accusing anyone on these forums, just a general pattern im beginning to notice..

And no Im not just saying this because some people disagree with me on here, I welcome all objective contributors to my threads..

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeminiSky

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Jaime Masussan - confirmed a hoaxer. Not disinformation. Truth.

Once a HOAXER always a HOAXER. And even if everything else with his name on it were truth - one hoax has ruined his name.

More reasons why nothing with Maussan name on it should be trusted.

[edit on May 29th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

OK call him what you will, in YOUR book he may be a hoaxer for life.

So If down the road he presented irrefutable evidence of UFOs and alien visitation, you would discredit it completely without doing any research into that evidence to prove your claim that every sighting he reports is a hoax?

Let's not dismiss or attack individual ideas as being inadequate before we have had a chance to assess their positive effect as part of a whole solution.

Me do research? Well one, look at my history (ive been here almost 3 years). I tend to spend time analysing and researching the subject.

I most certainly will dismiss an individual and his stuff he peddles as being inadequate because well - it is! I judge people on their truthfulness. And if someone can not be honest and is known to present hoaxes or has very poor skills at researching the very things they try and push - than there is no way I can trust anything with his name on it. His alleged research skills suck. The people at ATS are a zillion times better than his poor attempt at "research and analysis" He cant even come close to what the members here at ATS do.

And your title is about this very man. My post stands. The man is a hoax. The stuff he puts out there is crap.

ATS SEARCH on Maussan

[edit on May 29th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Perhaps you should work on your critical thinking skills to be sure your trust in this person is justified?

Could it be what you are truly saying is he is highly skilled at deception?

Many of the people who would warn you against him are believers in UFO's themselves. You should not ignore that. Skepticism is tantamount to discovering any truth. Otherwise we end up running around with dead animals on our heads, drinking blood and sacrificing virgins.

[edit on 5/29/2010 by Blaine91555]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

GeminiSky.....

I think you are treating extremely knowledgeable & experienced members in quite an off handed manner.

I think you need to get a LOT more experience & knowledge about this very complex area.

If you don't, you will be viewed as aloof & arrogant, whilst at the same time demonstrating poor knowledge of the subject matter.

Take your time with all of this & learn, rather than trying to make a big "splash" for yourself.......

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

You may be correct friend....I may have been wrong to even include him and my thoughts on him in the OP.

Like that famous ufo wall poster says, "I want to beleive" I guess maybe a part of me just wanted to believe that There is still GOOD out there. And try to Oppose DECEPTION. and was weary that the Conduit was CLOSING (BELL SOUND) LOL I crack myself up.

Would it he possible for us all to lay that hoax thing aside and actually take a look at these NASA, and the other video of the UFO descends into valley and discuss the validity of those INDIVIDUAL videos?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I apologize if this is the way that I have rubbed some members here.. The last thing I want is to come off arrogant and sound like a know it all.

I agree that I still have lots to learn about the subject, as all of us learn more and more everyday and don't stop learning until the day we die.

I truly enjoy interacting with all of you guys, and sometimes may need your help to ground me if I fly to high in my Gemini Skies....

That being said, I all really wanted to do with this thread was just share my personal opinion on JM and not try to force it upon anyone else here. Hopefully you are enjoying my other threads....and yes I may have been trying a little to hard to make a splash here since im a relatively new poster,

I appreciate your honesty, and value everyone's input. Thank you guys.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

GeminiSky.....

Well.....I must say I am very glad you have taken my strong comment in the positive sense in which it was meant.

I've been at this UFO thing since I was 4-5 years old. I used to write stories & poems about them when I was in kindergarten. Why?.....I've no idea why this intense interest started & never stopped.

And you know what?

Despite all of my reading over years & years, I've learnt more on ATS than you could believe.....that's why I've stayed.

Don't risk p'ing off those very members who've taught me so much & who could do the same for you.

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I feel like I can actually feel the emotion and idea behind a post that someone writes me. Like I said when im wrong, I will be humble enough to admit it.

I must say I really enjoy ATS now that Ive finally registered after 5 yrs of lurking around...

Is there any way we can all do a voice or video chat together to discuss some of these threads? that would be AWESOME!!!!

[edit on 29-5-2010 by GeminiSky]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

GeminiSky.....

You know.....

I think it can be a better experience when using the written word & well sourced material.

IMHO it makes people more careful & considerate about what they write & what they read.

I have only utilised voice or personal contact on extremely few occasions, during collaborations about very complex material that we've been analysing.

I also note there is a chat room.....but it can be a zoo in there!!!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I see you have changed your avatar to what looks like your actual photo? you copy cat you!

Ok now I see you changed it back to mr gas mask. Oh well.

I guess maybe what I was wanting to do was make an intro video of myself for ATS?> geez im such an egomaniac lol.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by GeminiSky]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I see you have changed your avatar to what looks like your actual photo? you copy cat you!

Nooooooo.......

That wasn't me!!!!!

That's a full-on nutter! That's anti-grav man!!

Hang on.....I'll get a couple of links for you.....you just gotta read this stuff.....

Cheers mate!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Now GeminiSky.....

These threads come with a health warning.....

.....if they get too much.....just step away from the screen!!!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Gemini, no offense but..Please stop trolling (maybe in order to get more stars and flags). I think you are clever enough that the argument " I don't care if he is a hoaxer or not but some material he presented HAS NOT debunked yet.." is a very low level argument on ATS.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Gemini,

Part of the needed skills to consider yourself to be any real sort of UFO buff is to have an open mind and actually look at the evidence. You for some reason are refusing to take in genuine PROVED evidence about JM.

I do not understand the motive for this but it's clear you are heading about this the wrong way. JM has been proved to be in on the hoaxes and the fact he is that sort of person taints any form of evidence, so when JM says it's true I look around to see if a reliable source has confirmed it.

You have to understand, UFO's are MONEY for JM, he relies on the reports and the more wild the better, he's not doing this as a researcher but as a business man, there's a good living to be made out of UFO's, just look at the circuit.

If you are going to look at this with some preconceived ideals then you are wasting your time and ours. There's already a large number of people who visit here just wishing to hear the sound of their own typing that do indeed come to troll and abuse.

Don't be one of them..

As for JM's other proofs, he's bastardized them by association...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Would it he possible for us all to lay that hoax thing aside and actually take a look at these NASA, and the other video of the UFO descends into valley and discuss the validity of those INDIVIDUAL videos?

The NASA video isn't a hoax, of course that's real NASA footage. But some of the comments by Santiago seem like hoaxes, such as when he says they are moving the camera because they don't want us to see what they are looking at...I suspect there are other reasons they are moving the camera.

The first image is lens flare, there's already lens flare all over the image and another lens reflection fades in and fades out. Then there are the usual debris and ice particles that are seen on every mission, some they look at to make sure the debris isn't something like pieces that cracked off their heat shield, or any other important pieces that come off their spacecraft.

The objects seen in the shuttle landing videos are fuzzy dots, could be birds.

The only remotely interesting object to me in the entire video is the one that flashes. It's obviously rotating and the flashing results from sunlight reflecting off a shiny surface once per rotation. There are over 10,000 manmade objects in space bigger than a golf ball and a lot of that is space junk, so it's inevitable you're going to see things like that if you operate cameras in orbit.

What I look for is any signs of intelligent control and I've never seen that in any NASA video outside the NASA craft. the objects just drift, rotate, arc due to gravity, and are occasionally accelerated when a thruster fires. There are some spectacular NASA videos like the one where the lights form a circle but if we run cameras all the time the lights can form just about any shape just by random chance.

The video of the object descending into the valley looks kind of fishy and unfortunately with Maussan's reputation, he's guilty until proven innocent when it comes to videos like that.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by deccal

No one is trolling here, Im here to discuss UFO evidence that cannot be debunked. I could care less about stars and flags. I am not forcing anyone to read or participate in my threads. (this most certainly includes yourself)

Thank you.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

ok....Please explain how lens flares can move in and out of the picture, when the camera is completely still and pointed towards open space.

We can clearly see objects approaching, sticking around for a while and then departing. Yes some of these can account for lens flares, but I see no reason to believe that they are ALL lens flares.

Please explain what is "fishy" about the UFO descending video?

[edit on 30-5-2010 by GeminiSky]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

I will take you criticism as far as being a UFO buff and needing to be more objective and see things from all view point. Point taken. Thank You.

I am not refusing to accept that some of the videos are proven hoaxes and that he continues to support them even after the fact. All im saying is that we can leave him out of the discussion once in a while and focus on the VIDEO EVIDENCE that was sent to him from INDEPENDENT WITNESSES from all over Mexico.

If I filmed a genuine UFO sighting, and the sent it to Jaime and he showed it on tv, would that make my video an automatic hoax?

I understand that he has a tarnished reputation, but why would that stop someone from STILL examining my video REGARDLESS of who is relaying it to the public?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Haha How the heck did he show up as your avatar for a split second? thats wierd lol FULL ON NUTTER!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join