It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not all Hoaxes: Mexican UFO's and Jaime Maussan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I started this thread in hopes of understanding some of the apparent dis info I have heard over the last year that Jaime Maussan is a hoaxer and all his videos are fake?

I personally believe that he is a genuine researcher of the UFO subject in Mexico and abroad.

Now has he received videos that may have been hoaxed by others? Yes he may have.

Did he show us the videos that may have been hoaxed by the sender of the video? Yes he may have.

However, this does not mean that he himself deliberately hoaxed UFO vids or had knowingly presented false evidence.

Jaime receives thousand of videos and photos of UFO's and Paranormal phenomena from all over the world. Should we discredit him because a few pieces of material that he has presented slipped thru the cracks and were debunked? I dont think that would be wise to discount all of the other evidence he has presented us.

Reason being that there is plenty of material and video evidence that he has presented that STILL has no explanation. And HAS NOT been debunked.

I have all of the UFO CONGRESS presentations that Jaime has done from 2005-2009 and I have to say some of the footage he presents is breathtaking, especially one thats filmed from the shuttle showing a UFO going around it shining what seems to be a spotlight, apparently examining the shuttle.

I would like to post a video that I saw on one of his presentations of a saucer shaped UFO descending into a valley in Mexico. This is one of the better and closer daytime videos I have come across. If you have videos that Jaime has presented that have not been debunked I welcome you to post them here. Thanks for reading!!

GeminiSky

[edit on 29-5-2010 by GeminiSky]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I agree with you.

Maussan receives all sorts of UFO footage taken by his viewers. I think that if anything is proven to be a hoax or looks suspicious, he is probably not fully at fault.

I do doubt any pictures he claims to be of aliens or extraterrestrial beings, though. People could be taking pictures of dolls or something and calling them aliens and thus perpetrating a hoax.

I don't think all his videos are real either though I admit some are really good. I really like the footage he has of the starship fleets over Mexico City.

Some of the best footage I've ever seen was on this YouTube channel here.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by Svoboda]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Svoboda

Svoboda? Are you Russian by any chance?> I speak fluent Russian, kak dela? vso narmalno?. I actually think there is reason to believe *some* alien/entity photos may be real. Especially the ones taken by low income/impoverished farmers in Mexico that have gained NOTHING by presenting these videos, and in fact did not even see the creatures until the photos were developed.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky

It's my opinion that even if the majority of UFOs are hoaxed, the ORIGINAL IDEA would have to come from the real thing. Besides there are so many convincing videos that to me, it's not even a question anymore as to whether or not UFOs real, but which ones. I watch fake UFO videos only to become more learned about distinguishing real from hoax.

As far as I'm concerned the phenomena must have used to be explained by religion historically. Now that there is technology they use the movies and media to make them seem like fiction. Thus we get kids, who never have seen a UFO in their life, faking UFO videos for attention.

I gotta admit I'm not really fluent in any other language but English. My parents left Czechoslovakia back in 1969 after Prague Spring, and came to Canada where I was born. I'm still in the process of learning Czech, but I already memorised the Russian azbuka.

Czech "svoboda" and Russian "свобода" are the same word really, just different character set. The languages are very similar, enough that I'll hopefully know both one day.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Svoboda

I totally agree with you! Its no longer a question of if the UFO's are real but more of a question of when the actual disclosure will happen.

I take all hoaxes with a grain of salt and always have a good laugh when I see them. I have, however, noticed UFO hoaxes on the decline, as more and more genuine material is filmed.

We may reach a climax of sightings in the next few years....what a wonderful time to be alive....and bi-lingual!!

Heres another one, this was recorded off the LIVE NASA FEED from 2009:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky

You won't find many here in agreement 'cause we have a lot of know-it-alls. I do agree with you however because in another thread where Jaime was being bounced from wall to wall I opted to catch him. I said that he is a victim but a willing one.

Now, however, it has to be stated that even though he may be a victim of others' deceit, he is the final authority and he sometimes just blows it. He can't be called an innocent because he has common sense, logic and reason, but he doesn't seem to know how to use them.

A case in point was the Dr. Jonathan Reed hoax but Jaime not only promoted it heavily, he endorsed it as genuine, etc. I see that as a failure on Jaime; he seems to be easily fooled.

So the "abuse" heaped on Jaime may be considered just until Jaime comes out one of these days and admits that he has been a victim of his own ignorance.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
I said that he is a victim but a willing one.

Which is why there is so little trust of the Maussan name and anything attached to it. There is no question of the man's intelligence. What is questionable is the man's judgement. His will-to-believe is much stronger. Presented with what he wants to hear, he will believe it despite any evidence to the contrary. Maussan has been known to support cases even after they have been exposed as a hoax or questionable.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Wether or not Jaime admits anything is of no importance to me, and should not be to any other UFO researcher. SKIP the hoaxes and FOCUS on the genuine material that he is presenting.

IMO Jaime is just one man, and he is doing a damn fine job sharing UFO information with the world. He may be pushing for disclosure because in his heart he knows this is a reality and ET's are visiting earth.

Nobody is perfect, and yes he has let some things slip thru the cracks that MAY have been hoaxed.....but I can say that I truly believe this man is genuine and has no ulterior motives.

He simply relays all UFO information that he deems is important for the world to know. To have the ability to weed thru all the garbage he is sent, and only present the most genuine evidence REQUIRES COMMON SENSE and is not something an ignorant person can achieve.

Given the job, would YOU be able to go thru hundreds of reports, select the ones you believe to be genuine and then go ON CAMERA and announce it to the whole world, and make sure that absolutely none of them turned out to be hoaxes? AND do it with English being your second language?

I believe he has a stress-filled job and sometimes things just get past even the most logical and intelligent people.

I disagree with you, I don't believe he is ignorant, in fact I think he is doing a damn fine job educating the world on this subject to the best of his abilities.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeminiSky
Reason being that there is plenty of material and video evidence that he has presented that STILL has no explanation. And HAS NOT been debunked.

And that means what? You would not be making an argument-from-ignorance as too often the case in Ufology, would you?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

The way I see it, Maussan is running a television show and probably just willing to sacrifice some credibility for material. The phenomena is rare, so it's conceivable that when he gets minimal footage for his show he allows them to be aired.

Maussan does have the Mexican military UFO footage though, but a lot of footage is from his average viewers. Any hoaxes he has gone along with he may have been either deceived, low on material, or given money in exchange for the hoaxer's fame. I also suspect that there is some sort of government influence on UFO television shows, in which there is a contract or something which forces those who are on the subject to show these hoaxes or false footage as a means of mind control.

The best thing to do is question everything. Maussan may not be the most trustworthy in the field, but he's got some incredible footage at least.

Anyone know about Guadalajara UFO footage? I can't decide about this. It looks real to me, but I can't prove it really.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Please explain how discussing unexplainable phenomena is an "argument from ignorance"

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Svoboda

I believe that this is indeed genuine footage, there have been many other videos of UFO "fleets" taken in Mexico. Here is the footage you just mentioned:

+5 more 
posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Jaime Masussan - confirmed a hoaxer. Not disinformation. Truth.

Once a HOAXER always a HOAXER. And even if everything else with his name on it were truth - one hoax has ruined his name.

I don't trust anyone who knowingly hoaxes. Not sure why anyone would.

He puts his name on this crap. Does he not claim to investigate it?

More reasons why nothing with Maussan name on it should be trusted.

[edit on May 29th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Please explain how discussing unexplainable phenomena is an "argument from ignorance"

You seem to have misunderstood my point or purposefully twisted it. It is not the general discussion of the paranormal that is an argument-from-ignorance. Rather it is the assumption that something is explained by virtue of being unexplained.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Given the job, would YOU be able to go thru hundreds of reports, select the ones you believe to be genuine and then go ON CAMERA and announce it to the whole world, and make sure that absolutely none of them turned out to be hoaxes? AND do it with English being your second language?
Yes I could do that.

If he's supposedly a UFO researcher, isn't that his job? To do some research and sort out the hoaxes from the real sightings?

If there were just a couple of hoaxes that slipped past him that might be one thing. But that's not the case.

And half the stuff I've heard from him hasn't been in English.

I think it's an insult to genuine UFO researchers to call Maussan a UFO researcher, because genuine UFO researchers try to do exactly what you just said, they research what they report on before they announce it, to reduce their chances of reporting on hoaxes.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I think one of the things that did it for me was when MUFON purposefully released balloons across town in Mexico City. Then one of Jamie's top videographers filmed it as UFO's. The video was presented to Jamie, and even after MUFON told him that it was just balloons Jamie still said it was possible they were UFO's. I forget which show it was on, maybe UFO Files or something...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I honestly do not care if he is labeled as a hoaxer. Some material that he has presented may have been hoaxed by his viewers.

Lets discuss the actual genuine material!

Lets try this, If anyone can debunk the 2 videos on this thread as proven hoaxes, I will cease and desist talking about Jaime Maussan period.

If you no one can do this then the logical conclusion would be that no matter what Jaime is labeled as, Its irrelevant as long as there is genuine video evidence that without a doubt shows advanced technology in our skies that we know very little about.

Im not asking anyone to take Jaime seriously, just some of the genuine, undebatable material that we have been shown by HIS VIEWERS.

Lets discuss that and see where it goes.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Please let me know how that goes. I look forward to seeing you at the next UFO congress.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Ok thank you for clearing that up, and no that is not the argument that I am trying to make. That type of argument just makes up spin our wheels and end up right back where we started.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Jaime Masussan - confirmed a hoaxer. Not disinformation. Truth.

Once a HOAXER always a HOAXER. And even if everything else with his name on it were truth - one hoax has ruined his name.

More reasons why nothing with Maussan name on it should be trusted.

[edit on May 29th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

OK call him what you will, in YOUR book he may be a hoaxer for life.

So If down the road he presented irrefutable evidence of UFOs and alien visitation, you would discredit it completely without doing any research into that evidence to prove your claim that every sighting he reports is a hoax?

Let's not dismiss or attack individual ideas as being inadequate before we have had a chance to assess their positive effect as part of a whole solution.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join