It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the Wind blows..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Skeptic4Sale

Threads is a good film. very horrific. and I note that it always pops up in any discussion about when the wind blows.

But someone I just feel that threads, in all its grpahic nature and realism, lacks the heart wrenching innocence and pure shock value that is delivered by WTWBs

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
In the movie "Threads" what i find shocking is the fact that after only one generation, the blast children speak with a strange diluted and very basic dialect.

Returning to the stone age seems to mentally retard the children even tho only ten years have past since the event.

With no education and having to fend for themselves i find it very probable that this would actually happen.

Everything we have gained over the Eon's is lost i a small fraction of time.

Worth a whatch to anyone with a spare bit of time.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 30-5-2010 by h3akalee]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Shame this thread got moved to BTS.

Regards
Lee

:shk:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by h3akalee

I moved it to this forum because it's the correct forum for movies.

It's a good movie and I've seen it more than once. Soundtrack by Roger Waters (and various artists).

When the Wind Blows

When the Wind Blows depicts a nuclear attack on the UK by the Soviet Union from the viewpoint of a retired couple, Jim and Hilda Bloggs. The Bloggs live in rural Sussex and are confused regarding the nature and seriousness of their situation, which is sometimes used to generate gentle comedy as well as darker elements.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join