It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP admits: Top Kill not working

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by shmuu
reply to post by Axial Leader

That's just one of a million wells. I highly doubt BP would prolong this to try to salvage the well. The longer this goes on the more legislation they'll see on the books that makes their jobs much less lucrative. That's like trying to save your contact lens by diving into a tank of underfed piranhas. Yeah, it cost you some money, but it's just a drop in the bucket compared to the medical bills you'll be facing.

According to this, BP has eight deep well operations in the Gulf:

www.bp.com...

I guess there use to be nine operations...

I don't completely disagree with your point, but I think someone high up at BP is saying "Let's not overreact -- it's just some oil in the Gulf -- we've all seen stuff like this before, etc."

I think BP is just being callous and stupidly, and cruel. That is getting to be more obvious each day.

Back to my point -- wouldn't some explosives seal off the leak?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

Is an explosive really a wise solution? I'm no expert, but oil and explosives don't really mix. I was hoping the top kill would work but yesterdays live feed didn't look real good about midnight. A lot of dark stuff instead od the lighter colored mud from earlier. I'm also curious how BP is going to follow up with their full page ads here in Florida. They claim, "We will make this right." I just don't see how especially if it's going to be August before they can get this stopped. It's going to be a mess here in the Gulf states.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I like the oil eating microbe video. I placed it on my Facebook for everyone to see the options that are not even being considered.
There is definitely a higher agenda here; there is no question.
As for me; I'm boycotting everything BP. Screw them, let them fall. Unfortunately the government would probably bail them out with our own money. The greed just sickens me. Why can't people just be content with what they have and live respectful lives. It's always about the freaking dollar. I'm tired of it already. As for Obama. I didn't vote for him and he does not impress me in the least. He's always looking for that "look at me, and what I did" angle. Just doesn't impress me.

~ Noah

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Clyde24

I think oil, explosives, 350 million cubic miles of water, and no free oxygen will mix just fine, particularly if it stops the oil from mixing with the water anymore.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
i suggest, to locals of Gulf(who can), to move about more safe place -- bp will messed up all their attempts in 2010.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join