It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP admits: Top Kill not working

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Bad news!

Speaking at a news conference at Fourchon Beach in Louisiana, Doug Suttles, BP's chief operating officer, said that attempts to plug the oil leak with a mixture of mud and debris had done nothing to stem the flow.
"I don't think the amount of oil coming out has changed," said Mr Suttles. "Just by watching it, we don't believe it's changed."

source: www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
This is really bad news.

Whats next then? If this was their best idea to plug the leak then I don't know what else BP could do to stop this. The US military should take over this and try to plug it.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

They're working on 2 relief wells. They will be operational in August!

I hope I'm wrong, but this could be an extinction event ... I don't think they even have any computer models to analyze the impact.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Wow... they come out of this catastrophe with two new wells!

Bet their profits will soar.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
If BP has admitted that "Top Kill" isnt working then whats coming out of the live feed right now?? is it still leftover mud or is that oil again??

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
They should have just nuked it in the first place. As far as I'm concerned, the US government's decision not to nuke the source of this leak means they share responsibility for the damage, which can't even be measured in dollars.

Or even better, pay the Russians to nuke it. They have more experience with this technique.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Shamus2012

Judging from the black color this looks like oil to me ...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by avatar01

Can you guarantee "nuking" is going to stop the flow of oil without causing huge earthquake(s), a major tsunami or the total collapse of the seabed?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

Yeah it does look like oil and some mud too.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Before they attempted this Top Kill attempt, BP said that this was their best technique to attempt at sealing the well.

Obviously if this was their best technique then I don't see what else they could do to plug it.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Looks like we are running into worst-case scenario. I was really hoping it wouldn't come to this.
This is a tragedy.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Looks like we are running into worst-case scenario. I was really hoping it wouldn't come to this.
This is a tragedy.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mooseinhisglory

I think it is worse than a tragedy. In all seriousness this could be the game-over-event. I hope and pray that I'm wrong!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Okay, I'm going to admit it.

I'm confused.

Yesterday articles said it was working, one went as far to say it worked.

Now this?

What's going on?
Is this "top kill" technique working or not?

- Lee

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
COLLECTIVE THOUGHT IS THE SOLUTION

When all on earth focus thoughts at the same time for the same thing it will be. STOP THE FLOW, APOLOGIZE TO OUR MOTHER EARTH FOR THE YEARS OF RAPING HER FOR PROFIT!

Could this be our final test as a species? Unite for 1 thing or perish altogether?

TOG

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Here is another source for this from yahoo. I mistakenly made a duplicate thread on this subject a few minutes ago. Seems things are only getting worse for the Gulf, and eventually the whole Southeast US.

I think the best answer now is a shaped explosive charge to seal the well. That is only my opinion with mostly heresay to back it up though.

BP's top kill effort fails to plug Gulf oil leak

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
They have removed the old bop , and the plan is to fit a new pipe and bop to the well head .....

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
CNN has just confirmed it. They now have it as breaking news ...

www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

It has failed.
www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
They're literally out of their depths:

Suttles said BP is already preparing for the next attempt to stop the leak. Under the plan, BP would use robot submarines to cut off the damaged riser from which the oil is leaking, and then try to cap it with a containment valve. Officials say the cutting and capping effort would take at least four days.
"We're confident the job will work but obviously we can't guarantee success," Suttles said of the new plan.

source: news.yahoo.com...

Nobody should believe anything the guys is saying. Has cried "wolf" too many times!

<<   2  3  4 >>

join