It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS Fantasy World Cup.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I don't think I'll be top come tomorrow as I had no-one playing today. But yer, this is a marathon, not a sprint...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
My goodness, how close it is !!!!

I've been a bit greedy with my transfers though. It's anyones for the taking!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Haha! after my insane & wild player transfer galore, I've finally made it to the top today!

Unfortunately I'm running out of transfer points and will probably just slide back to the 10th place or worse next week!

This was my first Internet fantasy football league - It has been a fun experience so far, but I really need to curb my impulse buying tendencies :bnghd: and be a lot smarter & tactical and more conservative for future fantasy leagues.

Hoping to watch some great football today! Loco Maradona vs Die Mannschaft!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
At least I wasn't last...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
So who was the winner and needs to collect the wooden spoon. For some reason I've not be able to log onto the site as it wouldn't remember my password. I imagine I finished mid table? Anyway was, fun and helpt keep a bit more interest in the tournament.

Congratulations to whoever won and a wooden spoon for the lose

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Top 5 Standings

1. Alan Brennan/Freeborn 14 - 11 - 407pts (Congratulations!)
2. blup blup/blupblup fc 19 - 11 - 388pts
3. LiveForever8/Albion 22 - 12 - 384pts
4. Richard Lunn/HopeFull 13 - 15 - 370pts
5. Chevale rous/Chev United 18 - 17 - 360pts

Bring on the English Premier League Fantasy Football Competition!

[edit on 12/7/10 by LiveForever8]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Congrats Alan (Freeborn) on a fantastic win!!

It was so close the last week or more and It's been a really fun Dream Team thingy

And yes, LF8..... We gotta do a premier league one too, I said to freeborn about it earlier, Hopefully Nef will sort one out and if not, we'll arrange/organise it ourselves.

Well done to everyone involved.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Yer, I'm sure it will happen either way.

I did the one on the Metro website last year and it was great, very detailed and you could watch your players progress during matches which made it all the more interesting. I'd deffo recommend that site.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Really? That does sound very cool and detailed.

Is it free?

I liked the sky sports one but yeah, Happy to try any really... as long as It's free and we can create our own leagues and stuff.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I'm not sure if it is free. My mates just did the Metro World Cup one and they each paid £3 and the winner takes it all at the end, which I wouldn't mind doing, but there might be a free version too. I'll have a look once it is up and running.

It's simple to use but is a lot more detailed and accurate.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Well done Freeborn, top of the pops, back of the net. Congratulations mate, good to see the English lads can still show up when it comes to Fantasy football.

Congrats to you blup blup and you LF08, you boys done good, just glad we didnt put a side bet on

[edit on 12-7-2010 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Cheers mate, Was a lot of fun.

And yeah, Us English lads are good at dream teams and can talk a good game and have good knowledge, Just a shame our players/team can't perform on the pitch.

This dream team helped turn a pretty crap world cup into something fairly entertaining and interesting.

[edit on 12/7/10 by blupblup]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Well can honestly say I am very suprised to win.

As I said to blup earlier I think it was more by luck than good jusgement but was really pleased to see an English clean sweep.

Once England had been knocked out normally I would have lost a lot of interest but I thoroughly enjoyed the whole tournament.

I found myself getting excited whenever one of players was involved on Sunday, especially when van Bommell got booked, but ended up praying for Spain to keep a clean sheet, much to the annoyance of the Dutch friend I was watching it with!

Thanks to Nef for arranging it and everyone else for taking part, it helped me appreciate the whole World Cup experience.

Let's hope someone can arrange an ATS Premier Fantasy League.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Congratulations to you Freeborn! well done mate!

I'm kind of happy that Spain won since Spain is my second home - and this is unifying the country in times of political and economical problems, so I am very happy for them - hope they won't get too cocky and obnoxious over this win though? lol!

The usual cordial bickering and noisy chatter at our local PUB between all the English guys and the Spaniards watching big screen TV football this autumn is going to be a blast!

And thanks to all the rest of the participants/members for playing, The ATS Fantasy League made this World Cup a bit more exiting in my POV!

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join