It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"We The People" Must Clean Up the Oil Spill, Government is Worthless!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I got a haircut on Friday. They had a sign that said all of the hair goes to help clean up the oil spill, so I did my part.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I think the sentiment "A bunch of farmers are gonna save the world?" said in such a denigrating way is very unAmerican.

It was a bunch of farmers, blacksmith, and hard working country folk that founded this country, and even Mr. Big Wallstreet sitting behind his wall of monitors is eating SOMETHING a farmer produced.

I have the utmost respect for farmers and those that live close to the land. A lot more than I do for the likes of Mr. Rich Polluting BP.

Farmers and Truckers keep us alive.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by aero56

Thanks for putting up that video. It's the best demonstration I've seen of that method.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I am more than willing to do my part with the clean up. I am in PA so showing up with any supplies is next to impossible to me. Is their a vendor local to the spill that is willing to have hay delivered to them to dispurse to fishermen?

BP is failing miserably.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

I think a lot of us would. How much does a bale of hay cost these days? If grass clippings would work???? Keeps it out of the dumps right?

Sheesh can you imagine if we all made a point and sent bales of hay to the whitehouse?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a barrel of hay cost like 20 dollars where i live . Just take 20 dollars and times that with 5 trillion barrels of hay and it should give an Idea how much it would cost to soak it all up.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AndersonLee

I can afford 20.00. If it will help clean up some of the oil and someone is willing to do this, I am sure we can get more people willing to buy a bale of hay.

No it will not solve the issue at hand. Will it help in the clean up? Probably. Does BP want hay mixed in with the oil..........no........as long as this is still leaking they can collect oil right?

Eff BP. They are failing on so many levels. Disgusting.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

seems like a great solution

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I was just drinking some coffee and found a new way that may work to stop the leak.This is not for the people that want to clean the oil up in the gulf , This is a plan that the government should use to clean this up , The name of the idea is called ,sucking tube parts and more method government style with a united states twist, Its when you place a suck tube under the rock bed and try to force the ejection of oil to come out and return back under the crust of the earth .The tube is placed inside the oil hole and another hole is drilled and the other end of the tube is pushed into the new hole . There strong force is ejecting the ejection of the oil so no oil is going to return to the ocean water..

[edit on 30-5-2010 by AndersonLee]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
There is no way to stop oil pressure from a gushing gooser the only way would be to cut off its ejection point by places the tube into the hole and making a new hole and pumping the oil back in the other hole that is ejecting the oil out of the hole by placing it back under the earth

[edit on 30-5-2010 by AndersonLee]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
the lates news in europe is
worst enviromental dister in us history
gl cleaning that up

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
CNN did a story on that "hay" video. Actually, they had Bill Nye (yes, "The Science Guy") as a guest, and he would explain why a persons idea to clean up the spill would or would not work. This hay video was part of that segment, and Bill Nye analyzed it. He DID say it WOULD work, however, the amount of hay, hair, etc needed to do this would be immense, and could actually potentially harm the livestock and whatnot that normally use the hay.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
I don't think a common man can stand up and fix this. The military needs to get involved if anything.

Like I said in another thread..this is a Lean as you go process. After we stop the leak, then you have the 22 mile long oil plumes that are haunting the gulf...underwater. So the process to fix this is much more complex than "we the people must clean up the oil spill!" Although, it's very simplistic to think this could be something easy to resolve with hay.

Resolution is always a stretch goal.

But mitigation is a strategy.
If i were to bet, i would bet on mitigation. It will usually help you get to that stretch goal much quicker.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Hi all! New ideas for cleaning up the oil:
1. A couple of empty oil tankers should sit over the oil slick and start pumping the water oil into the tankers, the oil should be pumped from one tanker to the next as it separates and the water released back into the ocean. The pumps can just hang mid water in the oil slick. This would be time consuming and expensive but it would get the oil in to a tanker.
2. Since school is out alot of mothers with teenage children would love to drive over and volunteer to clean animals up, for free hotel and meals and gas paid for by BP.
3. A government committee devoted full time to this task needed to be formed yesterday. Is anything on the adgenda list more important than
our own backyard? Our environment is critical to our present and future.
The lawyers rushed over there, lets set up a program for the volunteers. School's out and there's alot of students who would love to help.
4. This needs to get under control before it becomes a global nightmare.
Once the hurricanes come the spill will spead rapidly.

I don't understand why the BP stock isn't valued at zero.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Here is the answer!!!

WTF!!!!!!! Why hasn't this been implemented immediately??? Here it is folks here is the answer right here and we have had it for decades. This is Proof the government is incompetent or working against us. If they refuse to implement this proven safe clean up at a fraction of the cost then to me we should start a revolution! What more proof do we need?

This needs to get into the media and go viral on the net and if they don't implement it then we know they have sinister intentions!

This is the thread where the video was orginally posted, we need to make this video go viral!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 30-5-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I seriously think this is the greatest thread title i've ever seen on ATS.

Yea... go out and do it people.

I wish people would catch on to this idea... because this idea is bulletproof.

If you want something done right you gotta do it yourself... because are tax dollars won't clean up this mess.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
This might sound like an ad but honestly I just Googled "best way to clean up oil" and found an environmentally-friendly product that clumps offshore oil together so it can be easily gathered.

Oil Gone Easy

The only thing is it says it shouldn't be used in shallow water.

Hay might be cheaper and looks great, too.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I say throw in the microbes, if it is as good as they say it is. I'm sure BP knew about the microbes and sprayed dispersants anyways. WHY, to hide the oil disaster. BP cares nothing for you, ONLY THE MONEY. They do not care for the environment either. If they did, then they would of thrown in the microbes along time ago. GREEED IS THE FUEL. Maybe BP can push down the hole more golf balls. I'm sure the CEO has plenty more of that kind of equipment. DO YA THINK, BP, Will work this time? Maybe if you throw your golf cart down there too it might work. hmmmm.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
yes lets go and do something without any organization and any study ... it sure its going to work

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Dear hawkiye

These are a few ideas I had that just might work.

In 1944 we used caseons to provide shelter for the mulberry harbor in Normandy. How about a structure like that with a sea water inflated skirt around the bottom to seal against the sea floor and a pipe out of the top to a ship that will take on the oil.

Or a pipe with a balloon that can be inflated in side the pipe that is leaking into the gulf.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join