It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"We The People" Must Clean Up the Oil Spill, Government is Worthless!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
all I have to say is that if at all possible the people can come up with both the funding and the resources to clean this mess up then by all means ..... GIVER!
Why wait for someone else to solve the problem if we can.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Will history repeat itself? freedominourtime.blogspot.com...
Sorry if I did this wrong.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
lemme get this straight, the best minds on the planet can't stop this oil spring, but a bunch of farmers are going to save the world?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Am I the only one that can see reality ? Its leaking by the gallons . Its not like we can all go down there get boats and clean it up . Until the stop it , no point . In my view . Trying to clean something up that keeps on making a mess is silly to me

[edit on 30-5-2010 by AndersonLee]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
This thread really amazes me. My jaw was on the floor at the water demonstration. Seriously, something so simple as hay can help clean up this mess. (Granted with enough hay.)

No chemicals, no super gadgets like floating barriers, but hay.

I'd love to be part of putting the word out there, everyone in the US and affected areas should be trying to spread the word or partake directly in this.

Nice thread OP, starred and flagged.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndersonLee
Am I the only one that can see reality ? Its leaking by the gallons . Its not like we can all go down there get boats and clean it up . Until the stop it , no point . In my view . Trying to clean something up that keeps on making a mess is silly to me

Brilliant... Sigh! So we should just let the oil flow and do nothing till the leak is stopped an let it kill all marine life in the gulf... Amazing!

Here is a novel idea. How about we start cleaning up what has already leaked while they are working on fixing it and perhaps save at least some of the marine life in the gulf so that when the leak is stopped we have less to clean up then? Maybe we could start with the marshes where much of the marine life in the gulf gets its start?

Is it just me or is there just an over abundance of mentally challenged people out there?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
For those of you thinking about helping with the clean up please check out this video www.youtube.com...

A marine toxicologist stated that inhaling to much volatile organic carbons literally fry the brain. People are already getting sick. Use some protection if your down there.

It seems just a little to convenient that the very people willing to do something about the disaster get eliminated.

If you are not informed about what happened to those who helped clean up/rescue on 9/1/1 maybe you should investigate that also.

The only thing this government is really good at is killing people. This looks suspiciously like a plan being carried out or at the very least circumstances being taken advantage of.

Another link explaining why use of resperators is not being allowed.

grantlawrence.blogspot.com...

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Reality Bites]

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Reality Bites]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Lame. I can understand the sentiment, but fear of government in a DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC is a little ridiculous. Your fear (and a lot of other peoples fear) of even the idea of government for the last 50 years is the reason why this happened in the first place. No one wants taxes. No one wants to pay the real cost of extracting and refining a dirty fuel.
Tell me. Would you rather have been more gung-ho about stricter regulations and higher taxes on this industry to prevent this kind of disaster to happen in the first place? THAT is government. People are so afraid to be involved in their government, out of fear that it is working against them, that they have realized their own nightmares.
This thread is ridiculous. Too many people are trying to find JOBS to pay their rent to volunteer. Over-optimism doesn't help anyone. I wish we lived in a world where we could make a post on a conspiracy forum and actually start a movement, but this will fade. The thousands that you hope will show up with hay, boats, and elbow grease are too busy trying to feed their families.
I know this opinion isn't popular here, but we need stronger, more transparant government. One that has the balls to stand up to multi-billion dollar corporations. One that is prepared to handle these types of emergencies before our livlihoods and ecosystems are ruined. Don't you see? This is and example of weak government. You love to say government is too big, but at the same time you say the government cannot handle these types of situations. Double-edged blades and catch-22's are really useful when rallying public anger.
I hear of a lot of people wanting to take this "country" back, but no one saying we should take our GOVERNMENT back. Without government, our fore-fathers are just a bunch of greedy a$$holes who killed a bunch of natives to create a no-man's land with no rule of law. Problem is, the law is controlled by the CORPORATIONS. Take the government back. Create a fair and realistic tax system. This oil rig made twice its value in insurance payments, and Transocean is based in switzerland to avoid taxes on their profits.
While you're supporting us cleaning up a mess none of us started, you're attacking the mechanism that should have stopped this in the first place.
Grow. Up. Populism is mob rule, and its childish.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by mooseinhisglory]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
BP Involved again in another 5000 barrels spill in Alaska Thursday
www.marketwatch.com...

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
I posted this in another thread but thought it deserved its own thread!

The government is worthless! People need to just start doing it themselves. All the farmers in the area that have extra hay and straw need to just start taking it down to the docks, and the fishermen and anyone with a boat start taking it out and sopping up the oil. Also all the marshes they are so worried about just start putting hay and straw in there and sopping up the oil.

Someone should set up a website and start recruiting people to ship thier hay down there and people with boats etc. to take out and soak up oil with it. At least if it washes up on the beach it will be easy to pick up just like sea weed.

If we want this cleaned up we the people are going to have to do it and by-pass the incompetent, worthless, and corrupt government!!! If I lived anywhere near the area I would load up a pick up and trailer with hay and head for those marshes and just start doing it and maybe get some news outlets to cover it and start the ball rolling and hope it caught on.

So does anyone live near there want to get the ball rolling?

This has been done before in the past and is proven and some good ole boys down south give us a demonstration on how well it works:

Imagine thousand of people showing up with hay and straw to the marshes and docks and thousands of boats loaded with hay heading out to start the clean up? If the government tries to prevent it then we know they don't want it cleaned up, and their agenda is against us! How can they stop everyone?

This spill is a threat to the lives of people in the area, are we just going to let them run over us again and kill the environment in the area and eventually many of the people in that region? If we can't stand up for ourselves here then where and when? Haven't they poisoned us enough with the water and food supply and vaccines etc. etc.? Even if you don't believe that you can't deny this will have serious repercussions if not catastrophic for decades to come!

[edit on 29-5-2010 by hawkiye]

Back in 1969 endless amounts of hay was used to soak up the oil in the Santa Barbara Channel, successfully. It took a we the people effort, but it worked.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by stonergeek
reply to post by NoHierarchy

Spot on! We have more power boycotting BP and pressuring our Reps than we do trying to mobilize a grass roots clean up effort.

The Coast Guard will arrest those they deem to be endangering the operation, so those that do try to help are going to need some sort of government sanction to even be there. They have chased the press out of the water more than once since this happened. They do have that authority.

Perhaps Arizona should run and ad in Spanish that BP is hiring Illegals in the Gulf to clean up the oil.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by stonergeek]

Unfortunately, you are probably right. How sad that we, as a united people, could not help clean up OUR land, without the risk of being sanctioned, or arrested.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by piddles
it might seem easy to blame this all on the government but I think it's deeper than that. From what I understand, BP wants minimal association with this matter regarding clean-up and responsibility.

How I understand it, It costs money to use government resources to clean this up, I think the government doesn't want to spend money on a situation that wasn't their fault. What BP is doing is BS cleaning efforts so other people and other people's money can really do the work.

if it weren't so evil, it'd be brilliant.

Sabotage? Terrorist attack, anyone? This whole incident smells to me. I think there is a lot more to this, but we will probably never know the truth.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tybrus
all I have to say is that if at all possible the people can come up with both the funding and the resources to clean this mess up then by all means ..... GIVER!
Why wait for someone else to solve the problem if we can.

Exactly. This will affect all of us eventually. And, now, I'm hearing rumblings that there is yet another leak. The attitude of "I didn't spill it and I'm not cleaing it up" reminds me of one of my students, "I didn't throw the paper on the floor and I'm not picking it up."

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndersonLee

So, let's just let it roll, don't do a damn thing to try to prevent the worst. Is that what you are saying?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Now why can't a behemoth oil company like BP, laden with PhD's in engineering, come up with a better idea than these two fellows? This is BRILLIANT!

We should post this message on Craigslist boards across the Southeast. Maybe some local newspapers will sponser full page ads early next week and the radio stations can spread the word to able volunteers. The people down there are desperate and willing to do anything that may help save their way of life.

Politics, government and business don't solve problems. Technology solves problems. And this is the simplest, and most promising solution to the cleanup anyone could have possibly invented!

S+F

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
How are we going to clean something up that is the size of road island ? Unless your talking about cleaning the beaches up ? Then sure that is a good . But trying to go out in the ocean and clean oil out ? That seems like a lot of work to me . But if people want to do that , Its good . I just do not think it will help until the oil is not leaking in the gulf . Anything could help. But I do not think anything can help until the oil is stopped . Unless people want to clean the oil out for the rest of there life .

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
S + F

Nice Thinking Mate

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I'd feel better if I could be doing SOMETHING.

IF they'd have trains or trucks available and people could go load them up with hay they bought or baled, or I bet even grass clippings would work....

I'd go buy some hay in a heart beat.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
"government of the people, by the people, for the people,"

The People are the government. If the government is worthless, then the people must be worthless.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
They need to make a super size spung and just lay it in the gulf

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join